The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-22-2011, 02:10 PM
Aristocracy

actually i have another question more , maybe little stupid
Is Rashid Majed their personal singer i have seen a lot pictures videos where his songs are playback i think the song Maryam is is dedicated to Maryam
and i saw another thread where was posted Sheikha wedding music was perfomed by him
i would like listen this kind music more but in nogomi i don't see those songs
so where i get those songs

Old 12-22-2011, 03:46 PM
Aristocracy

Rashid almajid is a saudi singer but i think the family likes him as he sings alot for him. also Hussain aljasmi and mehad hamad.
if you are looking for songs written by shiekh Hamdan including the song for Maryam and Shiekha's wedding then your best bet is his formal web site. it has a link to all his songs.

Old 12-22-2011, 03:56 PM
Aristocracy

thank you
i going to look if there is songs
i didn't know that Sheikh Hamdan writing songs too i knew that he writing poems it shows he is very talented guy :)
Old 12-22-2011, 07:19 PM
Aristocracy

well songs are poems!
Old 12-23-2011, 11:31 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady blue View Post
well songs are poems!
maybe , for me they are little different
Old 12-23-2011, 11:50 AM
Commoner

Wait so hamdan write songs????
Old 12-28-2011, 03:57 AM

hi everyone, since i'm new in this forum (but i'm an passive reader for a long time ago), i have a question, is someone from Maktoum family is one of the member in this forum??
Old 12-28-2011, 04:39 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalia_lief View Post
hi everyone, since i'm new in this forum (but i'm an passive reader for a long time ago), i have a question, is someone from Maktoum family is one of the member in this forum??
We don't know as many don't reveal who they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixedArabian View Post
Wait so hamdan write songs????
Sheikh Hamdan is a poet, many of his poems are handed over to singers to sing.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:14 PM
Commoner

Has sheikh Hamdan his own twitter id??
Old 12-29-2011, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by x.pixie.x View Post
Has sheikh Hamdan his own twitter id??
As a personal account, it is unknown. This account is all about his activities.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:01 PM

Hey everyone

I was reading Sheikh Hamdan's poems today and I was wondering if his sisters also write them? For example I heard that Maryam writes some poems. What about Sheikha Shaikha? Once I found a poem about Sheikh Nasser and someone said it was written by Shaikha
Old 01-19-2012, 05:20 PM
Aristocracy

shiekha Maryam does write poetry but for the other girls i read 2 poems for shiekha latifa 2nd. but never shiekha so i
dont know
Old 01-25-2012, 03:38 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoRbIDdEn EuPhOrIa View Post
Hey everyone

I was reading Sheikh Hamdan's poems today and I was wondering if his sisters also write them? For example I heard that Maryam writes some poems. What about Sheikha Shaikha? Once I found a poem about Sheikh Nasser and someone said it was written by Shaikha

Hi! Could you post a link to the poem, please? Thank you so much
Old 02-24-2012, 02:31 PM
Gentry

What is the protocol or etiquette when interacting with senior memebers of the Dubai royal family - sheikhs and sheikhas?
Old 02-25-2012, 03:32 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuluPrincess View Post
What is the protocol or etiquette when interacting with senior memebers of the Dubai royal family - sheikhs and sheikhas?
Saying hello whether by shaking hands or kissing them on the cheek. Some people (by choice) kiss the senior and less senior royals on their shoulder.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:25 AM
Administrator

Guys, this thread is in the Ruling Family of Dubai sub-forum. Therefore general questions posted here should relate specifically to the Al Maktoum Ruling Family of Dubai.

Posts about marriage traditions within the Ruling Family should be posted in the Marriage Customs of the Ruling Family thread.

Questions about specific members of the Ruling Family should be posted in the appropriate thread (if there is one), otherwise in the
Ruling Family of Dubai current events thread.

Other relevant threads:
Sheikh Mohammed's Children
Sheikh Mohammed's Wives
Styles and Titles
Palaces and Homes of the Ruling Family

Posts relating to cultural traditions in Dubai and the other emirates should be posted in the
UAE and Gulf States: Social and Cultural Traditions thread in the Members' Corner General Discussion area.

Thanks for everyone's cooperation.
Warren
UAE moderator
Old 10-09-2012, 09:20 AM
Administrator

Posts discussing Sheikh Rashid bin Mohammed have been moved to the Sheikh Mohammed's Children thread.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Gentry

I watched some videos from Royal Ascot when Colour Vision won the Ascot Gold Cup for Goldolphin and HH Sheikh Mohammed.

As Frankie Dettori rode into the Winners' Enclosure, it looked like HH Sheikh Hamdan darted over, leaned up and gave him a kiss on the cheek as Frankie was still on the horse. When Frankie Dettori dismounted he went up to HH Sheikh Mohammed and gave him a hug and kiss.

I thought Sheikh Hamdan's gesture was lovely and Sheikh Mohammed didn't look a bit fazed to get hugged and kissed by his jockey.

We Brits have the rep of being a bit stiff upper lip (although after the death if Diana, Princess of Wales I think we're less stiff) but I just can't imagine HRH The Prince of Wales or even Prince Harry giving a jockey a kiss, let alone a jockey hugging The Queen.

So is it an Al Maktoum thing to give and receive such affection, a UAE thing in general or just the good relationship between Sheikhs Mohammed and Hamdan and their jockey ?
Old 11-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

I thought it was nice and very appropriate.

I think it depends a lot on how great of a racing enthusiast the royal is, how demonstrative in general their society is, and the fact that this was two adult men after a competition.

For some reason, men the world over seem more prone to hugging after a win - even the men you think are stiff. Golf immediately came to mind (because I am an enthusiast) and I thought of Ryder Cup Teams, Tiger Woods and his Caddy (and NO ONE touches Tiger, usually). Other examples of odd affection after a win in the sporting world include Gatorade being thrown on coaches, tennis players climbing into the stands, etc. Plus there are lots of examples of race winners hugging their jockeys. Granted, QRII won't be seen that way any time soon - but I think that royal family is an exceptionally stiff one. Just my opinion.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Gentry

I didn't say I saw anything wrong in it, I think it's nice that Sheikh Mohd is on such good terms with his jockey that Frankie Dettori would just spontaneously hug and kiss him. I also felt it was sweet of Sheikh Hamdan to congratulate Frankie Dettori like that and it made me smile.

Still don't know whether that's just them or something done in their family or whether people in UAE or more demonstrative.

I kinda agree but have to say the Queen's Olympic debut was fantastic ! The Princess Royal looks like she has a fun side and I met her when I was a small child as she had a horse called Doublet which she competed on in a big horse show near me and me and my friend toddled up to her while she was exercising and demanded to stroke the horse much to my mother's embarrassment.

Tags
al maktoum, dubai, sheikh, sheikha