Engagements of CP Sheikh Hamdan, Sheikh Maktoum & Sheikh Ahmed: May 15, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The crown prince of Dubai HH Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum finally married his cousin & former fiance Sheikha Sheikha Bint Saeed Al Maktoum. His brothers also got married in the same ceremony; Sheikh Maktoum married Sheikha Mariam Bint Butti Al Maktoum while Sheikh Ahmad married Sheikha Madiyah Bint Dalmouk Al Maktoum.

The happy news was announced a few hours ago by many of the Al Maktoum official Instagram accounts.

Congratulations to all of them :flowers:

Is it an engagement or marriage? Or maybe first marriage ceremony with a second one to follow?

So, they all married within the family? How close/far are they related?

It is a nikah ceremony in which the couple sign marriage contacts but remain engaged until they celebrate their marriage. It is considered as an official engagement in the Gulf & Middle East.

Last edited:
It is a nikah ceremony in which the couple sign marriage contacts but remain engaged until they celebrate their marriage.

Since CP Hamdan is marrying his former fiance, did they have a previous Nikah? Sorry if this seems to be a stupid question, but I am not that knowledgeable of Islamic Marriage rituals...

Since CP Hamdan is marrying his former fiance, did they have a previous Nikah? Sorry if this seems to be a stupid question, but I am not that knowledgeable of Islamic Marriage rituals...

I think it was just an engagement without a marriage contract, but I am not sure TBH. Usually, Gulf people consider the Nikah as the engagement ceremony.

Last edited:
Is it an engagement or marriage? Or maybe first marriage ceremony with a second one to follow?

So, they all married within the family? How close/far are they related?

Hamdan's bride is his first cousin I believe, their mothers are sisters.

Hamdan's bride is his first cousin I believe, their mothers are sisters.

Yes, that's true. All the brides are maternal cousins. Maktoum`s wife is his first cousin (her father is Sheikha Hind`s brother) while Sheikh Ahmad`s wife is their second cousin ( a cousin to Sheikha Hind).

Last edited:
I don't think sheikh hamdan married with shaikha for love if he is he married with her in 2010 probably he had family pressure
those who follow him on social media knows he has been very upset lately
I thought he would be a marriage like Prince Harry unfortunately

Congratulations to the couples!
It is surprising that Crown Prince Hamdan's engagement was not announced separately.

Last edited:

Hello to all. Congrats to the future couple. I have a question. How old is the bride? Understand that they are engaged almost 9 years. What is the purpose to wait soooooo long?

I don't understand this point they're called of engagement in 2010 now they're married i don't think he loves shaikha if he love he was married in 2010 i think he had family pressure

Hello to all. Congrats to the future couple. I have a question. How old is the bride? Understand that they are engaged almost 9 years. What is the purpose to wait soooooo long?

shaikha turned 28 last December, I also think that he married by family pressure, the image of his instagram of the giraffes and the publication of his story, I think it says a lot about his state of mind

shaikha turned 28 last December, I also think that he married by family pressure, the image of his instagram of the giraffes and the publication of his story, I think it says a lot about his state of mind

The good news is that now he is free to choose the next wife when he wants!! I'm sorry for this girl because it seems from this :sick: marriage nothing will happen he is clearly very upset by all this. And he's making it crystal clear to everyone. Don't blame him, marry a cousin it's not everyone thing.

The good news is that now he is free to choose the next wife when he wants!! I'm sorry for this girl because it seems from this :sick: marriage nothing will happen he is clearly very upset by all this. And he's making it crystal clear to everyone. Don't blame him, marry a cousin it's not everyone thing.

That's right, it's very clear that it was a forced marriage, the babies are not long in coming is what is expected, they will have some children and I see them marrying for the second time, I dare to say that I even see it sad, so I perceived it yesterday with the live videos that his smile did not reach his eyes.

Good news for him if he takes a 2nd wife of choice but not for his first wife and maybe not his second since she would not be free to do the same. That seems like a good way of spreading the misery around. Potentially.

Good news for him if he takes a 2nd wife of choice but not for his first wife and maybe not his second since she would not be free to do the same. That seems like a good way of spreading the misery around. Potentially.

All religions are changing and undergoing reforms to accompany the new generation of young people. It seems that Islam is no exception. The happiness and freedom of choice of the human being is an essential priority and must be respected. I wish this girl all the happiness with or without Hamdan and may she also choose a second husband who truly loves her.

Yes I agree. Even though culture plays a major role in this society, I doubt any woman would be "very" pleased to be part of a polygamous marriage.

But, who knows. Maybe he loved someone, but was not allowed to take that woman as his first wife. So, he had no choice but to marry his first cousin. Even so, this events are meant to bring only misery to him and his first wife, and potential second wife he'll have.

Princess Haya seems fairly well on her polygamous marriage, but, I doubt the first wife feels the same, because to me, it seems that the Ruler of Dubai "only" has love for Haya. I don't know really, it's just my opinion on the matter. I see pics on instagram of him with his kids with Haya very often, and on their house too (or mansion, whatever). It makes me think that, even though he loves all of his children, he lives with Haya since they married instead of living with his first wife. I heard he has other wives or had. But, Haya is the Princess and his public wife (and the instagram proves their close relationship).

I don't understand. He is almost 38, and engaged for the last 9 years to a girl apparently he does not want to. So during these 9 years what happens? Was he under pressure? During 9 years noone of the future couple created a family separately or together. What is the purpose of this wedding? There is no other girl in the word to marry? She is his first cousin, why he has to take her? He is probably the next ruler of Dubai and he cannot find another suitable bride?

Is he allowed to say no to marriage to sheikah?

Of course, he is? No one can force him to marry her if he doesn't like to do so.

years.
I don't understand. He is almost 38, and engaged for the last 9 years to a girl apparently he does not want to. So during these 9 years what happens? Was he under pressure? During 9 years noone of the future couple created a family separately or together. What is the purpose of this wedding? There is no other girl in the word to marry? She is his first cousin, why he has to take her? He is probably the next ruler of Dubai and he cannot find another suitable bride?

The couple separated shortly after their first engagement. They were not engaged during the past 9 years.

Last edited:
I don't understand what his picture of giraffes etc says about his unhappiness? I can't read Arabic, not sure if he said something that makes a lot of people here think he is not happy.
I do agree that at his wedding photo, with his brothers, his smile doesn't reach his eyes, as another poster said.....

Is he allowed to say no to marriage to sheikah?

the woman can refuse to marry but in this case we are not talking about anybody, it is the ruling family, they all have their wife chosen from birth, they have no choice but to marry the parents send, as I see it they only gave them time for them to do their things separately it is clear that he did not want to marry before and neither now, you can see in his face. They had no other choice

I don't understand how you can judge whether people are happy/in love/forced to get married based on a couple of photos posted on Instagram. I don't wanna be rude or anything... but they just signed the contracts and you keep talking that he can take a second wife. Maybe Hamdan isn't like his father at all and does't want to marry another woman? I hardly doubt he was forced by his family. Maybe when he got engaged with Shaikha years ago, he realised he WASNT not ready at that time. People change their opinion towards marriage over time.

Offtop: I can't see why photos of Sheikh Mohammed and Princess Haya and their kids mean that he loves her more than his other wives.He has 3 of them and I am sure they are treated equally. Take into consideration the fact that Sheikha Hind is a private person. Most of her daughters too and their pics arent posted online.

I don't understand what his picture of giraffes etc says about his unhappiness? I can't read Arabic, not sure if he said something that makes a lot of people here think he is not happy.
I do agree that at his wedding photo, with his brothers, his smile doesn't reach his eyes, as another poster said.....

the image of the giraffes says: stand tall, and that same day in his story also published the photo that said: me time, and today his memories, they seem messages, clearly will miss his old life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom