The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-17-2019, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
Good news for him if he takes a 2nd wife of choice but not for his first wife and maybe not his second since she would not be free to do the same. That seems like a good way of spreading the misery around. Potentially.
All religions are changing and undergoing reforms to accompany the new generation of young people. It seems that Islam is no exception. The happiness and freedom of choice of the human being is an essential priority and must be respected. I wish this girl all the happiness with or without Hamdan and may she also choose a second husband who truly loves her.

Old 05-17-2019, 02:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
Good news for him if he takes a 2nd wife of choice but not for his first wife and maybe not his second since she would not be free to do the same. That seems like a good way of spreading the misery around. Potentially.
Yes I agree. Even though culture plays a major role in this society, I doubt any woman would be "very" pleased to be part of a polygamous marriage.

But, who knows. Maybe he loved someone, but was not allowed to take that woman as his first wife. So, he had no choice but to marry his first cousin. Even so, this events are meant to bring only misery to him and his first wife, and potential second wife he'll have.

Princess Haya seems fairly well on her polygamous marriage, but, I doubt the first wife feels the same, because to me, it seems that the Ruler of Dubai "only" has love for Haya. I don't know really, it's just my opinion on the matter. I see pics on instagram of him with his kids with Haya very often, and on their house too (or mansion, whatever). It makes me think that, even though he loves all of his children, he lives with Haya since they married instead of living with his first wife. I heard he has other wives or had. But, Haya is the Princess and his public wife (and the instagram proves their close relationship).

Old 05-17-2019, 03:03 PM
Commoner

Hamdan and his wife shaikha
https://postimg.cc/wRzP9kG3
Old 05-17-2019, 04:01 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't understand. He is almost 38, and engaged for the last 9 years to a girl apparently he does not want to. So during these 9 years what happens? Was he under pressure? During 9 years noone of the future couple created a family separately or together. What is the purpose of this wedding? There is no other girl in the word to marry? She is his first cousin, why he has to take her? He is probably the next ruler of Dubai and he cannot find another suitable bride?
Old 05-17-2019, 04:22 PM
Commoner

Is he allowed to say no to marriage to sheikah?
Old 05-17-2019, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessivelizzy View Post
Of course, he is? No one can force him to marry her if he doesn't like to do so.

years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
I don't understand. He is almost 38, and engaged for the last 9 years to a girl apparently he does not want to. So during these 9 years what happens? Was he under pressure? During 9 years noone of the future couple created a family separately or together. What is the purpose of this wedding? There is no other girl in the word to marry? She is his first cousin, why he has to take her? He is probably the next ruler of Dubai and he cannot find another suitable bride?
The couple separated shortly after their first engagement. They were not engaged during the past 9 years.
Old 05-18-2019, 05:00 AM

I don't understand what his picture of giraffes etc says about his unhappiness? I can't read Arabic, not sure if he said something that makes a lot of people here think he is not happy.
I do agree that at his wedding photo, with his brothers, his smile doesn't reach his eyes, as another poster said.....
Old 05-18-2019, 10:03 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessivelizzy View Post
the woman can refuse to marry but in this case we are not talking about anybody, it is the ruling family, they all have their wife chosen from birth, they have no choice but to marry the parents send, as I see it they only gave them time for them to do their things separately it is clear that he did not want to marry before and neither now, you can see in his face. They had no other choice
Old 05-18-2019, 10:13 AM
Commoner

I don't understand how you can judge whether people are happy/in love/forced to get married based on a couple of photos posted on Instagram. I don't wanna be rude or anything... but they just signed the contracts and you keep talking that he can take a second wife. Maybe Hamdan isn't like his father at all and does't want to marry another woman? I hardly doubt he was forced by his family. Maybe when he got engaged with Shaikha years ago, he realised he WASNT not ready at that time. People change their opinion towards marriage over time.

Offtop: I can't see why photos of Sheikh Mohammed and Princess Haya and their kids mean that he loves her more than his other wives.He has 3 of them and I am sure they are treated equally. Take into consideration the fact that Sheikha Hind is a private person. Most of her daughters too and their pics arent posted online.

Congratulations to the couples!
Old 05-18-2019, 10:16 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam12 View Post
I don't understand what his picture of giraffes etc says about his unhappiness? I can't read Arabic, not sure if he said something that makes a lot of people here think he is not happy.
I do agree that at his wedding photo, with his brothers, his smile doesn't reach his eyes, as another poster said.....
the image of the giraffes says: stand tall, and that same day in his story also published the photo that said: me time, and today his memories, they seem messages, clearly will miss his old life
Old 05-18-2019, 10:44 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamal12 View Post
the woman can refuse to marry but in this case we are not talking about anybody, it is the ruling family, they all have their wife chosen from birth, they have no choice but to marry the parents send, as I see it they only gave them time for them to do their things separately it is clear that he did not want to marry before and neither now, you can see in his face. They had no other choice
I absolutely agree with you if you follow him on social media you can understand some thing gets wrong
(Dubaipoetry closed instagram account i was very sorry)
He is very emotional, romantic and tactful person if he love shaikha he never keep her waiting ten years to marry
Old 05-18-2019, 10:50 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sare View Post
I absolutely agree with you if you follow him on social media you can understand some thing gets wrong
(Dubaipoetry closed instagram account i was very sorry)
He is very emotional, romantic and tactful person if he love shaikha he never keep her waiting ten years to marry
I did not know that I had closed the account of dubaipoetry ahira where we will see the translations, I hope it returns.
Exactly why wait? It is obvious that none to date wanted to marry, in addition none of his direct sisters congratulate him and I could see that none gave me like any of the publicity of marriage, I hope he is happy with the time when they have children that I can help them as a couple .
Old 05-18-2019, 11:04 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamal12 View Post
I did not know that I had closed the account of dubaipoetry ahira where we will see the translations, I hope it returns.
Exactly why wait? It is obvious that none to date wanted to marry, in addition none of his direct sisters congratulate him and I could see that none gave me like any of the publicity of marriage, I hope he is happy with the time when they have children that I can help them as a couple .
isn't everything for those kids already? Dubai's future ruler
For blood tie, money, customs
Why we don't consider about ahmed and maktoum like hamdan because he opposed ten years ago and we are waiting he will marry for love like
prince harry so i can't understand this status
Old 05-18-2019, 11:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoRbIDdEn EuPhOrIa View Post
I don't understand how you can judge whether people are happy/in love/forced to get married based on a couple of photos posted on Instagram. I don't wanna be rude or anything... but they just signed the contracts and you keep talking that he can take a second wife. Maybe Hamdan isn't like his father at all and does't want to marry another woman? I hardly doubt he was forced by his family. Maybe when he got engaged with Shaikha years ago, he realised he WASNT not ready at that time. People change their opinion towards marriage over time.

Offtop: I can't see why photos of Sheikh Mohammed and Princess Haya and their kids mean that he loves her more than his other wives.He has 3 of them and I am sure they are treated equally. Take into consideration the fact that Sheikha Hind is a private person. Most of her daughters too and their pics arent posted online.

Congratulations to the couples!
I agree that people change their opinion towards marriage over time. Maybe he wasn't ready then, but I don't think this relationship was a fairytale one like those we have seen in European royals. Of course, they belong to a different royal family and the culture is very different as well, but to me, he doesn't look happy at all. And happiness doesn't choose gender, race or culture. If he truly loved her, he would be "jumping" with joy and happiness...which he isn't, by the way (he might be introvert, but when someone is truly happy, it shows on their faces).

About Sheikh Mohammed and Princess Haya, I said I didn't know of course, but it was what it seemed to me. It was just my opinion, that's all. He might love his wives, sure thing. But, no matter what people say, no man on this earth can love "equally" all of his wives, he likes them all, but I'm sure there must be one who he has more affection for. I live in a monogamous society, but it could compare to ex-girlfriends or ex-boyfriends, we never loved them equally, I'm sure there were some that made a greater impact on our hearts than others. Again...It's just my humble opinion, not that it matters much, anyways...
Old 05-18-2019, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I can't understand why people think that Fazza is unhappy with this marriage? He belongs to a conservative society that certainly doesn't allow him to express his feelings or private life publicly on social media.
Fazza & Sheikha are close relatives ( maternal cousins), they have been engaged for a while before, so they must know each other very well. I don't think their reunion after all these years is only to complete a traditional arranged family marriage.

BTW, Sheikh Mohammad has posted new poetry celebrating his sons' marriages.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxnIdv7jHA7/
Old 05-23-2019, 04:20 AM

Does anyone know why Sheikh Ahmed got married? There was no announcement of engagement earlier!! How is the girl or any picture??
Old 05-23-2019, 10:34 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm sorry but if I understand well, sheikh Hamdan and Sheikha are first cousins, it means that their parents are siblings!!!! Is that normal in the muslim culture? I come from a culture (Greek orthodox) where marry your first cousin is absolutely unacceptable!!! It is extremely rare to occur and where it happens the social and family circle reject this. I know a couple of first cousins who fell in love and married but they were obliged to leave Greece and settle in another county, where their family bond was not known, and in top of that they decided not to have kids for obvious reasons.
Consequently I cannot understand that they Dubai royal family among all women in the world obliges the crown prince to marry his first cousin and have kids with her.
Old 05-23-2019, 10:51 AM
Commoner

Ahmed was also engaged to his cousin for many years, so they did not commit themselves because they had already done so several years ago.
Old 05-23-2019, 10:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
I'm sorry but if I understand well, sheikh Hamdan and Sheikha are first cousins, it means that their parents are siblings!!!! Is that normal in the muslim culture? I come from a culture (Greek orthodox) where marry your first cousin is absolutely unacceptable!!! It is extremely rare to occur and where it happens the social and family circle reject this. I know a couple of first cousins who fell in love and married but they were obliged to leave Greece and settle in another county, where their family bond was not known, and in top of that they decided not to have kids for obvious reasons.
Consequently I cannot understand that they Dubai royal family among all women in the world obliges the crown prince to marry his first cousin and have kids with her.
Marrying first cousins (even marrying your niece) was not that uncommon in Europe among royals into the 19th century. Prince Albert's father married his own niece as his second wife. Look at many of the older royal weddings, more then a century ago, and most were very closely related. Thankfully first cousins are unheard of in most cultures now.

But yes in the Middle East its still common. And all three grooms married cousins, not just Hamdan.

Its a long tradition. Hind's parents are first cousins, her mother was the daughter of Emir Saeed II, her father was the son of Saeed's brother Juma. This makes Hind and her husband both first and second cousins. First cousins on her mother's side (her mother and Mo's father are both kids of Saeed), and second on her dad's side where her grandfather and his are brothers.
Old 05-23-2019, 11:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Marrying first cousins (even marrying your niece) was not that uncommon in Europe among royals into the 19th century. Prince Albert's father married his own niece as his second wife. Look at many of the older royal weddings, more then a century ago, and most were very closely related. Thankfully first cousins are unheard of in most cultures now.

But yes in the Middle East its still common. And all three grooms married cousins, not just Hamdan.

Its a long tradition. Hind's parents are first cousins, her mother was the daughter of Emir Saeed II, her father was the son of Saeed's brother Juma. This makes Hind and her husband both first and second cousins. First cousins on her mother's side (her mother and Mo's father are both kids of Saeed), and second on her dad's side where her grandfather and his are brothers.
Thanks for explaining the Maktoub family bonds.
Yes in European royal families it was common because their main purpose when choosing brides was to marry into equal rank and also the bride was bringing territories and strategic alliances. Consequently it was almost impossible Not to be somehow parents, as they married always inside royal families.
For first cousins since catholic religion does not really allow it, they had to ask dispense from Pape, which of course was granted.
Now for the Maktoub there is no reason off territories or alliances, so the only reason should be just to follow the tradition of marrying first cousins. So if it is true that he does not want this wedding, it means that they made him unhappy only to follow a non sense tradition.
I
Is she?? The pic of the beginning of the thread below??
She is very pretty

Sheikh Hamdan: Future wife, wedding etc.

Sheikh Hamdan: Future wife, wedding etc.