Engagement of CP Hamdan to Sh. Sheikha bint Saeed bin Thani Al Maktoum: Dec 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Huda

Heir Presumptive
City
Riyadh
Country
Saudi Arabia
HH Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum: engaged today to Sheikha Sheikha bint Saeed bin Thani Al Maktoum. :wub:

Sheikh Hamdan's mother and Sheikha Sheikha's mother are sisters (Sheikha Hind and Shiekha Hissah) that is maen Hamdan and Sheikha are cousin

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to both of them!

Also, Jordan or Tee can you translate what is says on the website?

What do we know about S.Sheikha bint Saeid? How old is she? Any photos? And when do they marry? I cannot imagine that they will have a long engagement...

There's nothing yet on the WAM or Gulf News websites about an engagement, nor does a Google search bring up anything.
It may be too early, or the news sites may be waiting for an official announcement.

S.Hamdan's engagement

There's nothing yet on the WAM or Gulf News websites about an engagement, nor does a Google search bring up anything.
It may be too early, or the news sites may be waiting for an official announcement.

Vis. the link to the forums posted by tee, from my limited Arabic, people seem to be leaving messages of congratulations. "Mabrouk" is the repeated phrase.

Sheikh Hamdan's mother and Sheikha Sheikha's mother are sisters (Sheikha Hind and Shiekha Hissah) that is maen Hamdan and Sheikha are cousin

Thanks Jordan. Who is her father? Is he a Maktoum or a Nahyan?

I dont know if its true or not. Everyone got their story from that messageboard. It could be a lie. Its not even on the frontpage of hamdan's website.

And as someone said since Wam has not reported it, this could be one of the millions of rumors that, he is engaged. (Some are already saying its not true). I dont speak arabic too. Use google translate.

OK ! .... congratulations :):flowers:

:) this is translations from his website forum from the "Executive Management":*
Tuesday, the twenty-fifth of Dhul Hijjah 1429 Hijri, the twenty-third of December of 2008 assumed

Advanced management forums Fsaa highest congratulations and blessings to His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai

The occasion of getting engaged to a decent, Sheikh Saeed bin Maktoum Al Thani

He wishes for a happy life filled goodness, blessings and continued good health and happiness and Balrvae and boys

Dyarkm long and full of Balafrah and Delights

im not to sure how credible this is but heres some link:
Translated version of http://www.anhaar.com/ar/news/135/ARTICLE/3263/2008-12-24.html Formal engagement of His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Sheikha Sheikha Bint Saeed Bin Thani Al Maktoum ....

If it is true, then congratulations to S.Hamdan! But I have doubts.

Princess Mahala said:
The occasion of getting engaged ... Sheikh Saeed bin Maktoum Al Thani
The Al Thani are the Ruling Family of Qatar.
This should read Sheikh Saeed bin Thani Al Maktoum who is a member of the extended Ruling Family of Dubai.

This is how the translated link correctly reads:
Formal betrothal Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Sheikha Sheikha bint Saeed bin Thani Al Maktoum

However, there is nothing reported yet on
the WAM website
or Gulf News

Last edited:
It's definitely true, congragulations to both!

Congratulations CP Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum & Sheika bint Saeid.

Have you any pict for Sheika Bint Saeid.

Congratulations to both of them!:flowers: I am really happy to hear that but I couldn't find any official article about the engagement.

Neutral,can you send the link please?

Congratulations to Sheikh Hamdan and his Bride to be, i know that is a bit early but what can we expect of wedding??

Yes it's true, congratulations to Hamdan and Sheikha. I found this picture on sheikh Rashid's website, she looks cute.

Congratulations to Sheikha Hessa Bint Mohamed too,the eldest daughter of Sheikh Mo and Sheikha Hind, she will marry in 04/01/09 with the
nephew of her mother.:wub::wub:

. . . . . . . . . . .
ed by Warren: removed copyrighted picture attached as thumbnail.
The images on Sheikh Rashid's website and on Fazza3 are subject to copyright and may not be reproduced without permission.

Her name is Sheikha? Wouldn't that be like a british princess named Princess Princess of Wales?

Her name is Sheikha? Wouldn't that be like a british princess named Princess Princess of Wales?

Given that there´s a number of people named Earl, Lord or even king I think it´s a moot point..;)

Besides, Sheikh/a is mainly used as a title in the gulf, in other places it´s more similar to respectfull adresses like Don or perhaps Sir.

Congratulations to the Al-Maktoum :)

it is funny how I knew about the news, my mother told me that one of the al maktoum will marry I asked her who is ? :eek: be specific mom please
and she just said "I do not know just one of them" :D
so I said I will go to find the news in my beloved fourm " the royal fourm" :wub:

is hamdan getting married or engaged?

I think that this is just an engagement annoucement.

So is the wedding on the 27th or is it the engagement lunch?

I note this website has lifted the details of Sheikh Mohammed's children from the first post of this thread and copied much of it word for word.
I strongly suspect their engagement story has also been picked up from this thread. We appear to be the best source of Ruling Family news on the internet. :)

Still nothing on the WAM or Gulf News websites.

Last edited:
Fatisse Taleb or Warren, can you please post a link to the photo of Sheikha? :flowers:

:previous:
The (small) picture was said to have come from Sheikh Rashid's website: www.sh-rashid.net
I've had a quick look but couldn't see it among the hundreds of photos of Rashid playing soccer; unfortunately there is no English language version of Rashid's site.
• Keep in mind that Sheikhs Hamdan and Rashid have a sister named Sheikha Sheikha so the chances of mistaken identity are increased.

So is the wedding on the 27th or is it the engagement lunch?

I think its just the engagement.

They might not get married for years.

Someone on Hamdan's website said she is 18 and was born 1990.
(I dont know how true, the story is).

The 27th of December is the Men's lunch wedding ceremony of Shaikha Hessa bint Mohammed bin Rashed Al Maktoums and not Sheikh Hamdans engagement ceremony as mentioned earlier. However the local Arabic radio stations and newspapers have been posting congragulating announcements from individuals and various companies in regard to Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammeds engagement.

*Deeply sorry for the previous misinformation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom