Engagement of CP Hamdan to Sh. Sheikha bint Saeed bin Thani Al Maktoum: Dec 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Sheikha Maryam bint Mohamed Al Maktoum, she is Sheikh Hamdan`s sister

Last edited by a moderator:
hi i am new here!
how can u be so sure that hamdan actually likes sheikha sheikha, i mean is all this just speculation/hearsay?

That's the question that so many of us on here ask...but I"m sure Dazzling and others will have her/their own comments to make about this. IMO I would just say that at this time there is no way for us (the public-non family) to know what is inside Hamdan's heart and if he likes sheikha sheikha or not right now. Even some family members may not know this answer...most young men do not share there thoughts of their woman with all of their sisters, brothers, cousins etc... he seems intensely private, and I don't see that changing anytime soon..but then again if I could predict that and the weather I would be a billionnaire, but also that wont happen :lol::lol:

First in islam rouler familly must he man first cousin marry

First in islam rouler familly must he man first cousin marry
There is nothing in Islam that says that a man (or woman) have to marry their first cousin as their first wife (husband for the woman). That is not Islamic. Islam allows you to marry cousins, yes, however, it is not mandatory in Islam to marry your first cousin if you are a king or in a capacity as a ruler/authority figure in your community. It has nothing to do with Islam, so please don't bring Islam into this. It is purely cultural only.

I comletely agree with you. for example among Muslim Circassians getting married with an even distant cousin, I mean anybody from your extended family, is a taboo and such a thing is beyond imagination. Marrying with somebody who is connected to your family is considered as a social sin and as disgusting as marrying with your sis or bros. So it is something cultural, not religious just like vice versa. It is optional and depends on your cultural values and social environment. :flowers:

At the end of the day girls it's ALL UP to HAMDAN if he wants to take this engagement forward or not. Since in the ME the parents are the ones who choose the bride in his case it's a little bit more difficult for him especially b/c he's royalty and will be the future ruler of Dubai. But i believe that love conquers all and if he really wants to marry for love i think he should have the guts to do so and people should just back off and leave him be. I believe that life is hard and you should be w/ the person you love to make it a lil' bit easier along the way...=) (MPOV)

I agree with you LV Girl..But it is not nice the bride to be chosen from the parends. Cuz if you don't really love the girl..you will not be able to live a whole life with her?

Have a heart for Sheikha Sheikha, girls.
I truly hope Sheikh Hamdan loves her & she loves him too.
Being fiances, there's expectations from family members & family honour
Ladies can say he is this that, but what is true Sheikha is his fiance

Sheikha Sheikha is beautiful & she deserves to be loved
His status is engaged

Sofness in arab worl all rulers sheikhs must first familly member married thats is fact

Sofness in arab worl all rulers sheikhs must first familly member married thats is fact

Sorry but that is not a fact, that is tradition.
4 of Sheikh Zayeds sons are not married to Sheikha's. Sheikh Maktoums son is married to 2 women who both are not Sheikha's nor from the UAE.
Sheikh Mohammeds first wife (whos mother is Sheikha Maith which he is still married to according to a few sources) is not a Sheikha nor from the UAE.

what happened to the post about the engagement being called off?

The links provided gave no evidence whatsoever for the claim so the post was removed.

there have been no links providing any evidence whatsoever the engagement exists. Hamdan's fb is run by someone that claims he is a very "close" friend of Hamdan's and has Hamdan's permission to post as he pleases. Maryam's fb is run by a "close" friend that resides in London.

I don't think they were close friends, but experienced moderators hired in order to manage the news flow. Please, think. Who would spend time in order to advertise the private life of a friend. So I don't think fb would be the source of speculative news which is not comfirmed by them.

These facebook accounts seem fake. Like the one from Maryam, very childish and using a hotmail-account...
If the Maks have anything to say to us, i'm sure they can hire some professional to advice them how to use the internet properly. Or give an authorized interview.
But now we're stuck with all these bf's, NO reliable sources whatsoever.

I don't think they were close friends, but experienced moderators hired in order to manage the news flow. Please, think. Who would spend time in order to advertise the private life of a friend. So I don't think fb would be the source of speculative news which is not comfirmed by them.

PS...all of tiger woods' mistresses that saved his voicemails and text messages to auction off to the highest tabloid bidder.

First wive is ever a familly member cousin whell all sheikhs marry cousin and child from cousins become titel shiekh and dazzling shiekha hind is wirst wife imam nikah,and nikah! And princess haya! Is wife nr 2 manal mother is only imam nikah and dont official wive!

Well IF sheikh hamdan really called off his engagement with sheikha sheikha than we will all know sooner or later... WIll they also announce on the radio like they did when he got engaged to Sheikha Sheikha?:whistling:

First wive is ever a familly member cousin whell all sheikhs marry cousin and child from cousins become titel shiekh and dazzling shiekha hind is wirst wife imam nikah,and nikah! And princess haya! Is wife nr 2 manal mother is only imam nikah and dont official wive!
Oh God... I can't understand... You mean he has an unofficial wife. Then she isn't his wife indeed. He only loves her as if she were his wife. Also, there is Christina's mum, most probably not even an 'UNOFFICIAL' wife, or whatever. And he is trying to modernize the country. ???????? And He is modern, because he is married with Princess Haya. Oh God! Doesn't he know God created Divorce? What is his problem????:eek: I am very sorry for Princess Haya. I wish she hadn't chosen him.

we r talking abt shk hamdan not shk mohammed

Well IF sheikh hamdan really called off his engagement with sheikha sheikha than we will all know sooner or later... WIll they also announce on the radio like they did when he got engaged to Sheikha Sheikha?:whistling:

And which station was this? the UAE is notoriously private. most brides are not even announced until the wedding day. etisalat keeps tight control over the media. most can't even access flickr.

are you sure that the engagement was called off? where did you hear this?

Sh Hamdan is too handsome that people love the idea that the engagement is broken? Just kidding!
The couple is beautiful & handsome. They know each other. They have family support.
The only thing I can fault is if both Sh Hamdan & Sh Sheikha feel like siblings, that's all

But King George V married Queen Marie & remained devoted. Even if Wikipedia states she wasn't his first love.

R u laughing bc u waste ppl's time?
:ermm: I agree w/ DXB...Deniz are you trying to play a game here? u seem to be laughing at some info that you posted urself and people are taking your post serious..If you don't have any legit news to say than don't say it then..
Shokran!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom