Engagement of CP Hamdan to Sh. Sheikha bint Saeed bin Thani Al Maktoum: Dec 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow...Arabian Star u really needed to vent :lol::lol::lol:
its not that i disagree wit u, i mean its tru that none of them has a well rounded education especially in this century, but i was jus giving a different point of view...(don't worry i didn't take it personally)...but i really loved ur "Puhleeasse":lol::lol::lol:

I'm not 'venting'. I just thought we should not overlook the repetitive trends in education in this family, which makes it sort of ridiculous to say a girl would not want to marry due to studies...if it were a family with a different trend in educating their women I could understand this argument, but when talking about maktoums, I do not. ..I did not take any offense by your comment though, and hope you do not take any offense to mine. I just strongly believe it is such a shame and a hinderance for a woman not to be properly educated in this century, even if she has the blessing of not having to work for a living. In Islam we are always taught to pursue knowledge and learn both formally and informally.

Can we all get back on topic and stop speculating whether they have married in secret or not and if this is all a rumor. There has been an official announcement that they are engaged. For the wedding date, we will know when they have set one. For now, this is an engagement thread.

Thank you :flowers:

There has been an official announcement that they are engaged.

This is getting toooo confusing. Untill now the only thing we had was some unsourced message on Hamza's site. But if i understand it well, there is also an official announcement made by the family :) When and where was that announcement out? :online2lo Could someone please post a link to it :flowers:

Formal betrothal of His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum on

Formal betrothal of His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum on Sheikha Sheikha Bint Saeed Bin Thani Al Maktoum....

Google Translate=

This site is translated for english readers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok can someone please post a offical news site thats carrying this story?:ermm:

Here are some thoughts....

Ok can someone please post a offical news site thats carrying this story?:ermm:

You are on your on with that one. Maybe someone local can find something. Or maybe instead of complaining you can research WAM, Gulfnews or another reliable source....:whistling::whistling::whistling:

From a reliable source. No date has been set as yet, so we should just wait for the announcement. It doesn't look like it will be any time soon. We should not be saying negative things about their decision to wait. She is very young still and they have plenty of time to fill their home with kids. Just be happy for them.

From a reliable source. No date has been set as yet, so we should just wait for the announcement. It doesn't look like it will be any time soon. We should not be saying negative things about their decision to wait. She is very young still and they have plenty of time to fill their home with kids. Just be happy for them.

What is the reliable source?! An anonymous source can hardly be reliable.
And i still wonder why first an announcement is done and then nothing happens.... Sure she is young but not too young to get married. Sheikha Sheikha was younger when she married Nasser (who is also a lot younger then Hamdan).
And i would love to see some pics of the future bride of Hamdan :flowers:

Is she gets married at 18 many will say she is too young and if the wedding is a few years after the engagement we all suspect that it is off. They can never win. Yes we all want a wedding soon but what is the problem if we just wait for the wedding. We all know that the family is private about dates and the only way we will know is when the invitations are out or from a reliable source.

Sheikha Sheikha was only 17 years old when she got married and that is indeed very young. But apparently it was no problem for the Maktoums, so why would it be for Hamdan's bride?
As for the reliable source: i always learnt that anonymous sources don't really count since their reliability cannot be judged objectively. I always keep that in mind. There are so many frauds around :flowers:

can we see a picture? and is it an arranged match?

The two sheikhas are different persons, aren't they? If Hamdan's sister married young, that does not mean the other Sheikha Sheikha should marry young too. :flowers:

*I'd love to see a recent picture of the bride.. I am sure she must have at least one picture on the net...On the other hand if they Hamdan and Sheikha decided to wait couple of months b4 marrying they must have their own reasons why.. Maybe she wants to finish school and be a full time mother...Not all Maktoum girls are the same..Maybe Sheikh Mo's daughters don't value school that much but perhaps their cousin does? Or maybe Sheikh Hamdan is getting their palace prepared for the newly wed and his future kids? ! Or maybe they'll wait for the economy to get better so they wont be criticized by the media for throwing expensive wedding when the economy is bad...

The two sheikhas are different persons, aren't they? If Hamdan's sister married young, that does not mean the other Sheikha Sheikha should marry young too. :flowers:

No that doesnt mean she has to marry young or at that age. Sheikh Hamdans other sisters married when one was on her mid 20's and the other in late 20's :)

Sheikha Sheikha was only 17 years old when she got married and that is indeed very young. But apparently it was no problem for the Maktoums, so why would it be for Hamdan's bride?

I wasn't saying it was a problem for the Maktoums, in fact they tend to marry at a later age but in recent years or the past 2 weddings they have been quite young.
I was referring to that a few members would complain that she is too young to be getting married and then complain that the wedding is off simply because no date is set yet :flowers:

this doesn't mean that the wedding is off.. Maybe Sheikh Hamdan wants to εenjoy his time be being free without wedding for this period..

can someone plz post a pic of Sheikha Sheikha.. I`v never seen who she is?

Sorry Lady Rose no one has photographs about Sheikha. Many people wonder, I think it would be.;)

oh okay I`m new here :)
and what about Hamdan`s biological mum pic? any1 has it?
I think she must be a great lady to have a son like Hamdan, who though being a Prince, is friendly and has many other good qualities

There are no pictures of any of Sheikh Mohammeds wives except for P.Haya.
There are also no pictures of the older generation of the Al Maktoum women.

thanks :) but was looking for Hamdan fiancee..another member here told me there r no pics of her

Khalidi, thanks for posting this. This was where my "reliable source" info came from also, Bettina. They will marry when they marry. Lot's of couples have long engagements before marrying. If Hamdan wants her picture released, other than childhood pix, then he will release them, I am sure. Stop being so hateful.:flowers::bang:

Did Maryam also was the "reliable" source that claimed first of April was the BIG Day?? Sure it was someone close since you were also so convinced
And i don't want to be hatefull but don't you think that it is not up to Hamdan to decide if Sheikha's picture is out. I am sure the girl can decide for herself. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom