Engagement of CP Hamdan to Sh. Sheikha bint Saeed bin Thani Al Maktoum: Dec 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheikh Hamdan won't hide his wife unless daddy tells him.

u guys seriously believe the marriage won't happen...why?
the date's set, everyone's waiting on the big day, especially for a crown prince-kinda ridiculous to get cold feet.
*n u guys make it sound like he's being forced into this marriage, I would think the other way around, that maybe sheikha sheikha wouldn't want to marry him maybe he really likes her and "really" does wanna marry her
did sheikh mo's dad tell him to hide his wife n then have a "hidden" harem? opps...he legalized some of them:whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with you i don't understand why people think this marriage won't happen , sheikh hamdan has no chose , he should marry sameone from his family to be his offical wife this happen from many years now. he can't take step back after his anagment to shiekha sheikha becom offical & all people in the world know this ,, i am sure the wedding will happen soon

Wow did u just say hamdan has NO CHOICE? U mean he's being forced to do this? How lovely... Yes I have to agree that the whole MidEast knows about his engagement to his cousin but sorry hamdan isn't that WELL KNOWN in the west so people here could cAre less if he married his cousin or not. Let's face it Hamdan isn't Prince William who's known WORLD WIDE and we all know that Prince William's wedding will be watched around the world unlike Hamdan's!!! But I guess we should wait and see... LOL

i know dear that sheikh hamdan isn't well known in the world like prince william , but what i mean is that his engagement mad offical to all people spical in UAE & i am sure the marragie will take placse soon , the crown prince wedding will be huge like sheikh hamdan bin rashid wedding & sheikh mohammed bin rashid wedding which was for holl week not for one day

Maybe they aren't that well known because they are more private, I wish I could see them often in the magazines or newspapers right here.

Hahahah imagine hamdan w/ a hidden harem? That would b just wrong and freaky. Hope he's different than his daddy. dubai tries 2 portray a modern imagine like the west so that's why I don't think hamdan will b a strict husband. Hope he doesn't "cut" his wife's wings thou!
so ignorant..!:lol: the funny thing... that u " western " ppl ( not all of u ofcourse )bla bla blaaaaabing without even respecting our culture n religion! saying that if he hide her from public he's goin 2 b " close-minded " .. well, it's their business < ed > maybe SHE doesn't want to go public *DUH*

and to inform u... us LOCALS we're happy with our culture :p

*whoa...hold it...I feel a Kanye comment is needed here:
"western ppl" u kno y'all "easterners" really ought to give us more credit than that...we're not stupid n neither r we ignorant...
n most of us do respect "UR" culture, that's y u don't see us bs'n bout things
< ed >

I think that I have to add something as well. First of all that's so true that some locals or most of them are really happy n proud of their culture & some women don't want to appear in the public at all.
Western people should understand and repect this and on the other hand the arab people should respect other's culture as well.

The beauty of this world is the difference between all of us....we all have different backgrounds and different cultures and we don't have to behave the same way like the others, we just have to be ourselves...My own opinion is that every woman has to work and to appear in the public and she can wear the veil or not as she wants!
Some people on this forum say oh Sheikh Mo's daughters are very modern obviously because they appear in the public and don't wear the veil: I really like the fact that we can see them BUT they can wear the veil(if they want of course) and appear and be modern at the same time. My point is that the modernity has nothing to do with this, we as arab girls don't have to wear and behave like the western girls in order to be modern....no we have to go to the school, to work & to be ourselves, this way we are modern & proud of our identity! We can wear the veil or not, it depends! :))))))

@Faith: Did u really read my post? cuz i just said (((((NOT ALL OF 'EM)))))... =)
@Fatisse: Well said Sis, luved ur post =)) can't agree more.

so ignorant...
Hi YaSsiya. Welcome to the forums!! :flowers:
It was me who brought up the hidden harem thing so that's why i respond. The fact is that there is a big gap between the modern imago that the Maktoums tries to portray and the way they treat their women, especially Mo...
Life is not always fair and there are things you cannot have both ways. Hamdan cannot go around by saying it is so important for UAE women to come out and study and work and contribute to society on the one hand while keeping his own wife at home. How can you take him seriously if he is preaching one thing and doing the other. And for the girl that marries Hamdan: i think she is a lucky girl but marrying a guy like him also brings some downsides like being talked over and criticised. After all, she will be a rolemodel for the coming UAE generation. If she can't bear that, she should marry someone else.

So we probably don't agree but it is a great thing that you are proud about your country and keep it that way.
One good advice: don't pay too much attention to Lindinha. Sometimes she gets carried away :ermm:
& Dear Lindinha: Be a good girl and behave !!! :wave:

A few off topic posts have been deleted.
Can we get back on topic which is Sheikh Hamdan & Sheikha Sheikha's engagement.

Thank you :flowers:

how do you know she's going to stay at home , is she even married to him yet? and how how do he's the one who is "going to" force her to stay at home , didn't it occur to you that it was "going to" be her own choice !

if you were responding to my post: no i don't know yet what is going to happen.
I just hope we are going to see the happy couple and that their wedding and marriage is going to be great. :flowers:

The couples are not married yet and there is now ord when the wedding is going to take place.

Several posts have been deleted.

All members are requested to keep their comments strictly on topic. We are not here to indulge in gossip.

Any further posts of a speculative nature will be deleted without warning.

Members are also requested to refrain from guessing/inquiring about the date of the wedding and whether or not the wedding will take place. Such comments contribute nothing useful to the discussion and will be deleted as well. We can all afford to wait until there is more precise information available on the subject.

Humera
Dubai Forum Moderator

Last edited:
Anyone knos anything about the wedding?? It´s coming up soon!!

Anyone knos anything about the wedding?? It´s coming up soon!!

the date of 1st of April 2010 is just a rumor or april fool maybe:ermm:

what i know is no date has been set yet:mellow: unless they are very secret about it this time which i doubt as you get to hear every secret in dubai one day or the other:whistling:

Welcome to the forum:flowers:
And thanks, see I think that the Crown Prince´s wedding is a BIG event to make it secret, and its coming on soon and i though that the whole city would be prepapring to this event, but I dont know if this happen only in western royal weddings

it's totally NOT TRUE!!!
he didn't engaged to sheikha or whatever her name is.
emphasize he won't marry to his own cousin..it's ridiculous even in islam it's halal.
it's 2010 helloooooooooo.

from where did you hear it Lady Ranelya? Are you 100% sure about it?

it's totally NOT TRUE!!!
he didn't engaged to sheikha or whatever her name is.
emphasize he won't marry to his own cousin..it's ridiculous even in islam it's halal.
it's 2010 helloooooooooo.

If not mistaken there was an announcement of the engagement. If you live in the UAE you wouldve heard from very reliable sources as well.
Whether it 1800 or 2010, traditions and customs wont change in families.

rHi Lady Ranelya, actually as Dazzling said it, nobody here is questioning the engagement as it was officially announced. Now we are only asking about wedding date:flowers:

...he won't marry to his own cousin..it's ridiculous even in islam it's halal.
even though i personally dont agree with marrying cousins it is NOT forbidden in Islam.

so is there not gna be a wedding on april 1?

anyone kno if the info bout the wedding has been removed from sheikh hamdan's site?

anyone kno if the info bout the wedding has been removed from sheikh hamdan's site?

There was no wedding information on his site at the first place.
There was a post on the forums but we dont know how reliable the information that gets posted on there.

Well, passed April 1, there was no wedding. I wonder what will be the next date that people invent?

No date for the wedding yet? wondering if it's gonna be for 2010 at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom