The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Ruling Families of the United Arab Emirates > Ruling Family of Dubai

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 01:15 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Princess View Post
So he is for sure engaged?
no rumors?
We´ll have to wait if there any wedding. i asume that this royal wedding is going to be a huge celebration as the Sh. Mo´wedding whit Sheikha Hind was.

Old 01-30-2009, 02:03 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Princess View Post
So he is for sure engaged?
no rumors?
Yes, it was mentioned on his website.

Old 01-30-2009, 11:06 AM

anyway..congrats for H.H. Sheikh Hamdan engagement..heartbroken..huhhuh
Old 01-30-2009, 01:09 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Yes, it was mentioned on his website.

But, but, but, but are you sure? It was after all mentioned on his websites forums and that's hardly a reliable source....
Old 01-31-2009, 09:21 AM
Commoner

Yes, Hamdan is engaged.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:58 AM
Gentry

I have to agree with LadyLove how come people in UAE say it's true? Was it written in a magazine? i mean the person who wrote it on the forum could be anyone right? And should we believe people on forums/website saying the truth?
I still have my doubts... probably he is engaged but no one knows and people are just assuming things i think no one know for sure.. cause if i have to believe my friend from UAE he was engaged long time 2 times one time he reject and said he didn't want to be engaged with the girl anymore and they break up...
Old 01-31-2009, 03:09 PM
Aristocracy

well yes, it hasnt been published or anything but you have to understand in dubai all "known" families talk(quietly of course lol) and it is mostly mothers and grandmothers and they are usually more reliable then any source that i know. i also have to say it is known he is engaged but so many young people in dubai get engaged(not only maktoums) and not all of them get married.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:01 AM
Gentry

well thank you for the explenation finally i understand it a bit now
Old 02-01-2009, 09:53 AM

hope Sheikh Hamdan married bcuz of love....
Old 02-01-2009, 11:28 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidayah View Post
We have one song in Russian and it says that "Royals can do anything except love-match (marry the one they love). Well, maybe it's sad but true. Being the member of the royal family is very hard because you have the responsibilities and duties before your family and the whole country. I believe there are some rules that can't be broken, especially by the Crown Prince.
I have a sense that Hamdan willl marry a girl from Al Maktoum family when he'll be 30 years old, like his father.

Well, at least maybe it's not so bad. I read one scientific psychology research about man-woman relationships in Arabic countries. And it says that in classical old tradition man can tell about the girl as a future bride to his parents because he has just a special interest in her. If their parents arrange for engagement, they can meet and during the meeting the sympathy to each other can appear but love can arise only after wedding.
So it's different understanding of love.
I know that there's some things like "love at first sight" but it's soo unreal to find your all time love just looking into eyes...it happens but very rarely.

I hope you understands me, tell me if I'm wrong. Arabian people can know better.

ps.Though maybe Hamdan feels himself not so conservative and can date someone in secret despite the fact that it's forbidden...we can't say exactly. His private life is only his private life .
Old 02-01-2009, 01:07 PM
Gentry

you said it correct the last sentence it's his private life and it's really hard to be a royal many people think they have a easy life but they dont! ï'm a muslim too and my family asked us many times what's love? Love will happen when you married with each other and then you'll find out what love is..
I hope he's happy...
Old 02-02-2009, 12:00 AM

I agree with you but I have to add regarding love. Love will happened regardless if you are married or not to the person that you are willing to e together in sickness, poorness, physical changes ( due to bad habits or to heatlh issues) or something that God ( Allah's test you upon you bond) if you make it through married or not and you are still together congrats. I hope Hamdan as well all of my muslim and other religions marry the one they love and discover it before and dare and go upon the ultimate step with marriage. Is better to be marry in love yet this may not apply in some cases love can blossom anywhere. That what makes more interesting
Old 03-02-2009, 12:35 AM
Royal Highness

interesting... well congrats to the happy couple if they are truly happy and what not. it is always exciting to hear that one is engaged. hopefully for the right reasons. i just hope there are feelings of some sort there and it will be a happy union for both.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:28 AM
Gentry

Lanalique thanks for clarifying the doubt. For me is sad , but it's must be of this way
Old 03-02-2009, 03:34 PM
Aristocracy

So...if we have broght up this topic again...any news? parties? invitations?This engagement rumours broke out like a flame and made a big hype. And now it's quiet. Why? It's better to know the truth then reading information from the net.

Ok, if that's true and some forums are true too, so that's the pictures of young Sheikha Sheikha bint Saeed:
when she was young
very young :)
a teen I suppose
I think she hasn't changed much ))
Old 03-02-2009, 04:46 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidayah View Post
Being an UAE royal he´s expected to marry either other royals or first cousins.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Aristocracy

hello everyone...i am new here in this forum but i have been reading all about the royals world wide and i really enjoy doing it...=)
As i read here about CP Hamdan's engagement i am a little confused i dont know how things work in the middle east when comes do relationships. I have seen pics of CP hamdan lately and i don't see any engagement ring in his hand...Usually when u're engaged dont u wear a ring?? =/
How do people know for sure that he's engaged?? was it reported in WAM?
Old 03-03-2009, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Welcome Lindinha !
Men in the Gulf dont usually wear engagement rings nor wedding rings. The engagement was mentioned on Sheikh Hamdans official website. If you start from post 1 of this thread you can read about it.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:46 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanalique View Post
So...if we have broght up this topic again...any news? parties? invitations?This engagement rumours broke out like a flame and made a big hype. And now it's quiet. Why? It's better to know the truth then reading information from the net.

Ok, if that's true and some forums are true too, so that's the pictures of young Sheikha Sheikha bint Saeed:
when she was young
very young :)
a teen I suppose
I think she hasn't changed much ))
Thanks for the pics she looks really pretty!

But i still have doubts:)
Old 03-04-2009, 09:14 AM
Administrator

Posts speculating about CP Hamdan's "taste in women" and other irrelevant posts have been removed.

Warren
Dubai moderator