Originally Posted by faith_g
OK....I am totally lost...
oh n one more thing...someone's beefin with Warren bout deleting someone else's 'original' post....
*n now I AM COMPLETELY CONFUSED.....
EXACTLY WHAT R U GUYS TALKING ABOUT???...clue the rest of us in please....
Yes, I deleted a post which stated nothing more than "Hamdan has been engaged since 2006" because there was no substantiation or evidence offered.
• members complained this was "censorship", denial of "freedom of speech", and that the poster may have had "something important" to say.
• I replied that assertions repeating rumours were rarely followed up with facts or constructive discussions but instead became dead-end wastes of time.
• a member stated that she knew something that had not yet been posted in the Forums. It could be substantiated, but in the interests of privacy and discretion, she would not do so.
• I re-posted what had been deleted: " "Hamdan has been engaged since 2006." Full stop. Please discuss."
There followed two pages of posts...
• a member stated that the post referred to an engagement that never happened but "people assumed it did". The girl in question was actually engaged to somebody who was not Hamdan.
• the original poster re-posted that Hamdan was engaged in 2006.
• a member stated that the 2006 engagement is a rumour and that the girl in question is "desperate" and still thinks she is engaged.
• a member (not in Dubai) said he had heard the engagement rumour from "a woman" who did live in Dubai.
• the member who had previously posted that she knew information which had not been posted stated that her information was "completely different and a completely different person".
• the original poster stated that she didn't lie.
• the same member made a post in Arabic script, perhaps not realising that we have Arabic-speaking moderators here at TRF.
• another member took offence at the content of the Arabic post.
• the member who posted the original rumour re-posted a four-month old piece from a Korean newspaper gossip columnn which claimed CP Hamdan was engaged to a Korean actress (this article has been re-posted in the Dubai threads two or three times since July).
• a member posted that she is "totally lost" and "completely confused".
• a member posted that she has "read recently that Hamdan has a love affair with a Balkan girl - perhaps a Bulgarian woman."
I trust members are satisfied with the direction of the discussion, that all questions regarding the original post have been answered, and that it has been a constructive and worthwhile exercise.
Unfortunately, other moderators did not share these views. They instead considered that the thread had become "a big mess", and closed it.