Engagement of CP Hamdan to Sh. Sheikha bint Saeed bin Thani Al Maktoum: Dec 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we will see articles from WAM , but like we all know Dubai Royals are different from European Royals. It's really hard to see marriages & engagements in media.

Between I think we can't see Sheikha's pic in media.She will be like Sheikha Hind.(First Lady of Dubai & Mother of S.Hamdan)

We cant know now if she will be like Sh Hind :ermm:. Maybe she will be a public wife ?! NOBODY can say which way she will be.

We cant know now if she will be like Sh Hind :ermm:. Maybe she will be a public wife ?! NOBODY can say which way she will be.

Wise words ! Nobody knows. We just have to wait and see (and keep our fingers crossed). :lol:

A link was posted to Sheikh Rashid's website and what was stated to be a picture of Sheikha Sheikha bint Saeed.
However, that part of the website is password-protected which means members cannot gain access to see the picture.

Rather than continuing with a succession of posts repeating what has already been said, I have removed the first post and all the "link doesn't work" posts.

Warren
Dubai moderator

ETA.. Please don't make posts stating "I want to see pictures of the bride".
If there are any pictures available, they will be presented here. If there are none, there will be nothing to see.

Thanks!

Last edited:
If it's true congratualtion's to both...i'm new on the forum so hello everyone... i've been looking on this forum for a while and i like it... i heard from my friend in Dubai a long time ago that Sheikh Hamdan would get engaged to his mom sister daugther how the girl knew it i don't know... and i tought she was lying but now that i read it on the forum here it might be true.... i wish them all the best.

:flowers:Hi everyone! It is so good to be part of the royal forum and get the some information about the royal family.
Currently i am residing in UAE as i've heard that there is a double wedding in Al Maktoum family in December 2008...
How true it is?

:flowers:Hi everyone! It is so good to be part of the royal forum and get the some information about the royal family.
Currently i am residing in UAE as i've heard that there is a double wedding in Al Maktoum family in December 2008...
How true it is?

Erm, there was a wedding ceremony yesterday...the mens wedding ceremony that is.

Sheikha Hessa bint Mohammad Al Maktoum and Shaikh Saeed Bin Dalmouk Bin Juma Al Maktoum..

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/General/10270610.html

Welcome to the site by the way...;)

Thank you for the link it's nice to see how they dress... there is still no official news about Sheikh Hamdan engagement

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks Schwalker:)... Shaikh Hamdan also got engaged on this month. Does it mean that he is also getting married this month?

thanks Schwalker:)... Shaikh Hamdan also got engaged on this month. Does it mean that he is also getting married this month?

I´m not sure Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammad got engaged at all. There´s just a rumour..:D

But if true, no..it might take year and years before a marriage is in place, if ever.

sheikh hamdan got engaged and its official
he got engaged to his cousin shaikha shaikha bint saeed

I freely admit my ignorance about things such as marriage customs in the UAE. So, without intending any offense, would this have been an arranged marriage? Would Hamdan and Shaikha have had any say in it?

Hi everyone! Harold - yes they would ultimately have the final word on whether it would go ahead or not, but the marriage was most likely arranged by parents. Of course though, they'd spend time together (chaperoned probably) and decide if they liked each other or not.

It is true about Hamdan's engagement btw....

why people say it's official if there is no official news...

why people say it's official if there is no official news...

Very good question Fien. I guess it is because the Maktoums make no official announcements whatsoever so all we can do is predict/read the cards/gossip and hope something of it comes true. From a PR perspective it would be handy if the Dubai royals would become more open, but they don't want it. :nonono:

its not gossip,,its true
they are engaged and all the dubaians kno abt it,,

The Al Maktoums may not make offcial announcements about family matters but the official newsagency WAM does. Both WAM and the Gulf News carried the reports of the wedding luncheon for Sheikha Hessa's fiancé hosted by Sheikh Mohammed the other day. Neither agency has any report of Crown Prince Hamdan's engagement.

The only verifiable source we have for an engagement is an announcement on Sheikh Hamdan's website, fazza3, which has been posted at post 9. However, on planet-arabia.net a poster states it appeared on the message board part of fazza3 and could have been made by anyone. The other posts on planet-arabia relating to an engagement largely quote or repeat what has been posted here in The Royal Forums.

There is nothing else to be found. :question:

Last edited:
Well i think it's strange to say it's sure if there is no official news. I mean at least one of the newspapers and stuff can have it.
I heard from the girl 2 months ago he got engaged and i was like hmmm should i believe it is it true i didn't asked anyone here cause i tought if it's official it will be post here or on a website.. and now that people say it's true i was like how the girl knew it 2 months ago and u people know it now but no where we can find it officialy, i understand they don't have to give us story's about their private live but he is a prince... and i agree with Warren they did gave the official announcement about Sheikh Mohammed's daugther why not about the Crown prince..but maybe i'm seeing it in a wrong way..

New picture of Sheikha Sheikha on Sheikh Hamdan's website when she was 10 years. I like it she looks cute...Congratulations to her she's a lucky girl.:wub::wub:

= = = = = = =

edited by Warren
As with the previous photo, this photo has also been removed because it is a copyrighted image. The fazza3 website is copyright-protected and directly posting the image here is ILLEGAL.
The photo could not be converted to a link because it was directly attached to the Forums as a thumbnail.
If it had been posted from an image-hosting site such as Photobucket the link could have been posted and members could have seen the photo.

Sheikha was indeed a lovely child. I would like to see a picture of how she looks nowadays, but I think we still have to wait a bit for it :)

oh my, she is a pretty girl, but she looks exactly like hamdan and his sisters. :ermm: i guess that is what happens when you marry your first cousin.

yes she looks exactly like Hamdan's sisters...the same family AL MAKTOUM.

i realize that she is a maktoum, but i also realize that marrying your FIRST cousin can lead to birth defects. could he not have found a second or third cousin? it has been proven that marrying as close as first cousins can lead to problems with your children. i think marrying your mother's sister's child is just a little weird. in the background, i can hear the tune from the movie, "deliverance" being played. just my opinion.

i realize that she is a maktoum, but i also realize that marrying your FIRST cousin can lead to birth defects. could he not have found a second or third cousin? it has been proven that marrying as close as first cousins can lead to problems with your children. i think marrying your mother's sister's child is just a little weird. in the background, i can hear the tune from the movie, "deliverance" being played. just my opinion.

In the UAE, a test is required before cousins can marry, Its a requirement. It might look strange to you, but at the end of the day its their culture.

Sheikh Mohammed and Sheikha Hind are first cousins and I see zero defects in Sheikh Hamdan

He's marrying his first cousin? While I don't see the health benefits of intermarriage, I respect their customs.
He is a handsome man and she is a lovely woman. They will (hopefully) have beautiful and healthy children together.

Of course,marriage with cousins is their culture,I respect that but,I also have to say that it's very unhealty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom