The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Ruling Families of the United Arab Emirates > Ruling Family of Dubai

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 06:44 PM
Aristocracy

Muslims tend to marry as soon as possible after the engagement, it is a practice recommended by their religion. Surely an engagement which lasts for years without a very valid reason is unusual, especially since the don't normally meet in private before marrying.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorette View Post
Muslims tend to marry as soon as possible after the engagement, it is a practice recommended by their religion. Surely an engagement which lasts for years without a very valid reason is unusual, especially since the don't normally meet in private before marrying.
Let's say some Muslims not all of them. I think it changes from country to country. And I believe these kind of things are just available in some Arab countries (not all of them) such as Uae, Saudi Arabia. Maybe in Gulf Arabs?

But of course all Muslims are not Arab such as Malaysia, Turkey so, I still believe this is Gulf culture. Because sudden marriage after a little time engagement is not a healthy idea.

Old 07-27-2010, 06:01 AM

I think maybe sentiment just take up a very insignificnt and small part in HH hamdan's brain, enagement or call off maybe from same other reason instead of love~

just my opinion~~
Old 07-30-2010, 08:52 AM
Gentry

do you mean ahmiila that he is not in love with her?
Old 07-31-2010, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by souzi1990 View Post
do you mean ahmiila that he is not in love with her?

I just regard that love play a really unimportant role in dear HH hamdan's management, and I think man sometimes don't sensibility like women,such as related to love.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:38 PM
Gentry

but don't you think ahmilla that one day he may want to make his own family? He can't live only with management. .
Old 08-26-2010, 10:31 AM
Gentry

so the engagement has been called off or no?
Old 08-26-2010, 11:04 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by souzi1990 View Post
so the engagement has been called off or no?
The topic of his engagement is not anymore on his official forum but we dont know wait & see :)
Old 08-28-2010, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Apparently the engagement has been called off with no reasons given why.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:25 PM
Gentry

lol..! are you sure?
Old 08-28-2010, 01:46 PM
Heir Apparent

If dazzling says, we can be sure.
It's so interesting that it's been called off as Hamdan gets older & has to get married.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:20 PM
Commoner

as i know both sheikh hamdan & sheikha sheikha are still engaged but, the wedding day still not fix , mybe b'coz shiekha shiekha is still studing in university, she is in her 3rd or last year , she is studing in shiekh zayed university in dubai. it's not pravite university is't belong to goverment many girls study there inculde my sisters also
Old 08-28-2010, 09:34 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad_rose View Post
as i know both sheikh hamdan & sheikha sheikha are still engaged but, the wedding day still not fix , mybe b'coz shiekha shiekha is still studing in university, she is in her 3rd or last year , she is studing in shiekh zayed university in dubai. it's not pravite university is't belong to goverment many girls study there inculde my sisters also
This fact explains the delay of marriage.
I did not know Sheikha was at university and I am
happy to know. I got used to this engagement, and I think that is why I wish the marriage to work.
But I hope that God will give them the best destination.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Apparently the engagement has been called off with no reasons given why.
When will be HH hamdan get into marriage,:( hoping ……
Old 08-30-2010, 09:19 PM
Aristocracy

So Dazzling since the couple is no longer engaged don't you think its time for you to delete this topic?!..well I guuess this news isn't really news anymore. We could sense that something was off..thx for reafirming the "news".
Old 08-31-2010, 02:15 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV_GiRL View Post
So Dazzling since the couple is no longer engaged don't you think its time for you to delete this topic?!..well I guuess this news isn't really news anymore. We could sense that something was off..thx for reafirming the "news".
I dont see why the topic should be deleted. It would be good info for new & current members to go through in the coming years
Old 08-31-2010, 11:45 AM
Gentry

I agree with you dazzling.. Keep the topic..
Old 09-01-2010, 03:27 AM
Administrator

TRF serves as a 'forums of record' in that threads are not deleted but remain accessable to provide a history, context, depth and background to the event discussed.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:49 AM
Courtier

Its kinda weird to call off an engagement after his annoucement & when the whole country knows about it cause usually when they annouce an engagement it means that the wedding will take place 100% , The reasons should be strong !
Old 09-02-2010, 07:03 AM
Gentry

I hope we learn the reason soon..