The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Ruling Families of the United Arab Emirates > Ruling Family of Dubai

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 09:21 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Is she gets married at 18 many will say she is too young and if the wedding is a few years after the engagement we all suspect that it is off. They can never win. Yes we all want a wedding soon but what is the problem if we just wait for the wedding. We all know that the family is private about dates and the only way we will know is when the invitations are out or from a reliable source.

Old 04-21-2010, 02:32 PM
Aristocracy

Sheikha Sheikha was only 17 years old when she got married and that is indeed very young. But apparently it was no problem for the Maktoums, so why would it be for Hamdan's bride?
As for the reliable source: i always learnt that anonymous sources don't really count since their reliability cannot be judged objectively. I always keep that in mind. There are so many frauds around

Old 04-21-2010, 02:34 PM
Courtier

can we see a picture? and is it an arranged match?
Old 04-21-2010, 02:44 PM
Gentry

The two sheikhas are different persons, aren't they? If Hamdan's sister married young, that does not mean the other Sheikha Sheikha should marry young too.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:53 PM
Aristocracy

*I'd love to see a recent picture of the bride.. I am sure she must have at least one picture on the net...On the other hand if they Hamdan and Sheikha decided to wait couple of months b4 marrying they must have their own reasons why.. Maybe she wants to finish school and be a full time mother...Not all Maktoum girls are the same..Maybe Sheikh Mo's daughters don't value school that much but perhaps their cousin does? Or maybe Sheikh Hamdan is getting their palace prepared for the newly wed and his future kids? ! Or maybe they'll wait for the economy to get better so they wont be criticized by the media for throwing expensive wedding when the economy is bad...
Old 04-22-2010, 01:11 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by acupoftea View Post
The two sheikhas are different persons, aren't they? If Hamdan's sister married young, that does not mean the other Sheikha Sheikha should marry young too.
No that doesnt mean she has to marry young or at that age. Sheikh Hamdans other sisters married when one was on her mid 20's and the other in late 20's

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettina View Post
Sheikha Sheikha was only 17 years old when she got married and that is indeed very young. But apparently it was no problem for the Maktoums, so why would it be for Hamdan's bride?
I wasn't saying it was a problem for the Maktoums, in fact they tend to marry at a later age but in recent years or the past 2 weddings they have been quite young.
I was referring to that a few members would complain that she is too young to be getting married and then complain that the wedding is off simply because no date is set yet
Old 04-22-2010, 02:58 AM
Gentry

this doesn't mean that the wedding is off.. Maybe Sheikh Hamdan wants to εenjoy his time be being free without wedding for this period..
Old 04-22-2010, 05:43 AM
Commoner

can someone plz post a pic of Sheikha Sheikha.. I`v never seen who she is?
Old 04-22-2010, 07:23 AM
Gentry

Sorry Lady Rose no one has photographs about Sheikha. Many people wonder, I think it would be.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:41 AM
Commoner

oh okay I`m new here :)
and what about Hamdan`s biological mum pic? any1 has it?
I think she must be a great lady to have a son like Hamdan, who though being a Prince, is friendly and has many other good qualities
Old 04-22-2010, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

There are no pictures of any of Sheikh Mohammeds wives except for P.Haya.
There are also no pictures of the older generation of the Al Maktoum women.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:11 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Rose View Post
can someone plz post a pic of Sheikha Sheikha.. I`v never seen who she is?
check out the sheikh mo's children's pic thread...u'll find them in there
Old 04-23-2010, 03:18 AM
Commoner

thanks :) but was looking for Hamdan fiancee..another member here told me there r no pics of her
Old 04-23-2010, 12:51 PM
Aristocracy

http://i40.tinypic.com/23l032f.jpg
Old 04-23-2010, 02:23 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by khalidi View Post
Thks.. Now we all know the truth..There couldn't be a better person to say the truth if not his own sister Maryam...
Old 04-23-2010, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khalidi View Post
Khalidi, thanks for posting this. This was where my "reliable source" info came from also, Bettina. They will marry when they marry. Lot's of couples have long engagements before marrying. If Hamdan wants her picture released, other than childhood pix, then he will release them, I am sure. Stop being so hateful.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:11 PM
Aristocracy

Did Maryam also was the "reliable" source that claimed first of April was the BIG Day?? Sure it was someone close since you were also so convinced
And i don't want to be hatefull but don't you think that it is not up to Hamdan to decide if Sheikha's picture is out. I am sure the girl can decide for herself.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:20 PM
Gentry

are we sure that this girl is his real sister?
Old 04-23-2010, 04:29 PM
Aristocracy

yes,she is her sister Login | Facebook
Old 04-26-2010, 10:12 AM
Courtier

who is she?
Welcome to Facebook | Facebook