The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Ruling Families of the United Arab Emirates > Ruling Family of Dubai

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 04:01 PM
Gentry

but waiting so long it may means that he doesn't love her so strong in order to marry her...

Old 04-18-2010, 04:16 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by souzi1990 View Post
but waiting so long it may means that he doesn't love her so strong in order to marry her...
Spot on....
Let's hope he does if this marriage really takes place.

Old 04-18-2010, 04:33 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalsmartie View Post
see Ia m not the only one think hamdan doesn't like this sheikha sheikha i wish we had someone from the uae to tell use the gossip about this
Well that's the problem we have heard so many rumours and the wedding hasn't taken place yet and that's when people come up w/ rumours will he/ wont he marry Sheikha b/c it's taking so long to happen... We're all waiting for the big day and we're so curious to see who will be hamdan's bride!!
Old 04-18-2010, 04:49 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by souzi1990 View Post
or it could mean that he respects the fact that she wishes to continue her studies and that is why he is waiting for her....
*believe it or not guys really can be considerate....my Muslim friend from pakistan is already engaged at 22 but her fiance is gna wait till she finishes med school before they officially tie the knot...cuz he knows it'll be hard for to study and take on duties of wife at the same time...
Old 04-18-2010, 05:01 PM
Aristocracy

hmmmm ok i wish they were not soo private
Old 04-18-2010, 05:13 PM
Gentry

Quote:
hmmmm ok i wish they were not soo private
I wish they were not so private too..at first I could respect that as in that he wants to take some private time with his fiance (whoever she is) to get to know her and her family etc...but now it has been so long that I am like, come out with it already!!! Something should happen to make them come out of the woodwork soon hopefully.

i don't buy the 'she's studying so he's waiting to marry her' thing. I dont' believe that line with all due respects, because we all know none of these al-maktoum girls study!! or if they do not for long. So this is a complete JOKE first of all...its not like she's going to become a neurosurgeon or anything like that!!! Sheikha sheikha is a spoiled pampered princess with no well-rounded background..its not like she's enrolled at Wellesley! or Harvard or MIT! or something! Puhleeasse!....
Old 04-18-2010, 05:25 PM
Aristocracy

you need to stop! Well maybe he married her aready and part of the deal was he didn't want to go public with her? Hmm this girl is 18 right one year older then me sooo whats the mean of the age that the women in her family get married?
Old 04-18-2010, 06:32 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith_g View Post
or it could mean that he respects the fact that she wishes to continue her studies and that is why he is waiting for her....
*believe it or not guys really can be considerate....my Muslim friend from pakistan is already engaged at 22 but her fiance is gna wait till she finishes med school before they officially tie the knot...cuz he knows it'll be hard for to study and take on duties of wife at the same time...
that makes sense as well..it could totally be that...
Old 04-18-2010, 10:12 PM
Nobility

wow...Arabian Star u really needed to vent
its not that i disagree wit u, i mean its tru that none of them has a well rounded education especially in this century, but i was jus giving a different point of view...(don't worry i didn't take it personally)...but i really loved ur "Puhleeasse"
Old 04-19-2010, 03:39 AM
Gentry

does sheikhs sheikhs study anything in university?
Old 04-19-2010, 03:59 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith_g View Post
wow...Arabian Star u really needed to vent
its not that i disagree wit u, i mean its tru that none of them has a well rounded education especially in this century, but i was jus giving a different point of view...(don't worry i didn't take it personally)...but i really loved ur "Puhleeasse"
I'm not 'venting'. I just thought we should not overlook the repetitive trends in education in this family, which makes it sort of ridiculous to say a girl would not want to marry due to studies...if it were a family with a different trend in educating their women I could understand this argument, but when talking about maktoums, I do not. ..I did not take any offense by your comment though, and hope you do not take any offense to mine. I just strongly believe it is such a shame and a hinderance for a woman not to be properly educated in this century, even if she has the blessing of not having to work for a living. In Islam we are always taught to pursue knowledge and learn both formally and informally.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:52 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Can we all get back on topic and stop speculating whether they have married in secret or not and if this is all a rumor. There has been an official announcement that they are engaged. For the wedding date, we will know when they have set one. For now, this is an engagement thread.

Thank you
Old 04-19-2010, 02:42 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
There has been an official announcement that they are engaged.

This is getting toooo confusing. Untill now the only thing we had was some unsourced message on Hamza's site. But if i understand it well, there is also an official announcement made by the family When and where was that announcement out? Could someone please post a link to it
Old 04-19-2010, 08:24 PM
Gentry

Smile Formal betrothal of His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum on

Formal betrothal of His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum on Sheikha Sheikha Bint Saeed Bin Thani Al Maktoum....

Google Translate=

This site is translated for english readers.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:39 PM
Aristocracy

Ok can someone please post a offical news site thats carrying this story?
Old 04-19-2010, 09:15 PM
Gentry

Here are some thoughts....

Quote:
Ok can someone please post a offical news site thats carrying this story?

You are on your on with that one. Maybe someone local can find something. Or maybe instead of complaining you can research WAM, Gulfnews or another reliable source....
Old 04-20-2010, 03:41 AM
Gentry

but this ling doesn't say about their wedding...
Old 04-21-2010, 12:06 AM

From a reliable source. No date has been set as yet, so we should just wait for the announcement. It doesn't look like it will be any time soon. We should not be saying negative things about their decision to wait. She is very young still and they have plenty of time to fill their home with kids. Just be happy for them.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:27 AM
Gentry

yes..but have you thought that they may are allready married?
Old 04-21-2010, 04:27 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by penwa View Post
From a reliable source. No date has been set as yet, so we should just wait for the announcement. It doesn't look like it will be any time soon. We should not be saying negative things about their decision to wait. She is very young still and they have plenty of time to fill their home with kids. Just be happy for them.
What is the reliable source?! An anonymous source can hardly be reliable.
And i still wonder why first an announcement is done and then nothing happens.... Sure she is young but not too young to get married. Sheikha Sheikha was younger when she married Nasser (who is also a lot younger then Hamdan).
And i would love to see some pics of the future bride of Hamdan