Dubai World Cup: 2005-2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sheikh Mohammed ,Sheikh Hamdan ,Princess Haya

Photo by albarjeel • Instagram

Anyone knows who the other woman is ?

Thank you for sharing the picture:flowers:
Unfortunately I can´t tell you anything about the pretty lady next to Haya,I do not recognise her face and could only speculate about her identity. I am sure someone else will be able to help you:)

blauerengel said:
Really? How interesting! I absolutely adore Sheema:)
Hope they hada great time at the race track,maybe it inspires the little Princess to pursue a equestrian career when she is older.
Can you post the picture you´ve found? I would love to see it too,as you know by now, I am very much enchanted by cute Sheema & happy to watch her photographs!

the picture is on sheikha sheikha's instagram. i apologize im not that good with technology so i dont really know how to get an instagram link onto the forum. sh. sheikha's instagram name is: sh__mrm, if u wanna check it out :)

Oh,I also found it on Sheikha Sheikha facebook fanpage yesterday,but thanks for making me aware of that sweet picture:) Very nice to see them at the race track.
I am also not so good with technology and posting pictures here,I always wondered how I share pictures in this forum that are not from a website...maybe one day I´ll find out;-)
If you want to share a picture/article from a webpage here-you just copy the full website address line on the browser and than you just insert it here (Copy+Paste) and once you have posted it you can try out if the link works!

I have found other pics,I don't know if they were already posted
HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum attends World Cup | 7 Days Dubai
Little Al Jalila 's dress is lovely.

Did you notice that Sheikh Mohammed two youngest daughters from Sheikha Hind appear less and less with their father?I feel so sorry for them.I have seen a video but I can't remember which event it was.Sheikh Mohammed's horse won a cup,his three youngest daughters were present.He was so warm with his last daughter and barely interracts with the two others :ermm:
You can really feel that the two girls were sad.

Like some of you,I really want to know who's the beautiful woman who was accompanying Haya.Her face looks familiar to me.

Well, with such a big family one or two will always feel undervalued,even if you try hard to treat everyone well and give them enough of love & attention!
But I also feel sorry for them, a young girl and baby always takes away the attention from the older siblings,not only in this case.

I do not know anything about the lady,however she does not look Emirati to me-maybe she comes from another Arab country or the Mediterranean,the lady could be a friend of Princess Haya or a collegue from university or horse sport.

Did you notice that Sheikh Mohammed two youngest daughters from Sheikha Hind appear less and less with their father?I feel so sorry for them.I have seen a video but I can't remember which event it was.Sheikh Mohammed's horse won a cup,his three youngest daughters were present.He was so warm with his last daughter and barely interracts with the two others :ermm:You can really feel that the two girls were sad.

Well, with such a big family one or two will always feel undervalued,even if you try hard to treat everyone well and give them enough of love & attention! But I also feel sorry for them, a young girl and baby always takes away the attention from the older siblings, not only in this case.

Merely this is what we see in public. I am convinced he is a good father to all his children. Ultimately the best daddy has only two arms but his heart will be endless in love.....

Like some of you,I really want to know who's the beautiful woman who was accompanying Haya.Her face looks familiar to me.

I do not know anything about the lady, however she does not look Emirati to me-maybe she comes from another Arab country or the Mediterranean,the lady could be a friend of Princess Haya or a collegue from university or horse sport.

Definitely she isn´t Emirati. She seems very familiar to me also. I am convinced that somewhere I have seen her before ...... But I can´t remember her name nor in which way she belong to Haya.

Last edited:
Merely this is what we see in public. I am convinced he is a good father to all his children. Ultimately the best daddy has only two arms but his heart will be endless in love.....

I am sure that Sh.Mohammed is trying hard to be agood father to all of his children and he really has a good relationship with most of them,however in his position with his workload you cannot be serious that he has enough time for ALL his many children-my father has only 4 children,a good job but not such a pivotal role like Mohammed and still had very limited time for us.

Therefore I disagree when you say that he is there for all of them when they need him,because his work for Dubai is very important and often leads him to travel a lot.If you ask me,I would say that the women do most of the work and raise the children-even though he is trying to be with all the children and offer them a good life,the mothers,aunts,sisters etc. do most of the work I am sure;-)

I am sure that Sh.Mohammed is trying hard to be agood father to all of his children and he really has a good relationship with most of them,however in his position with his workload you cannot be serious that he has enough time for ALL his many children-my father has only 4 children,a good job but not such a pivotal role like Mohammed and still had very limited time for us.

Therefore I disagree when you say that he is there for all of them when they need him,because his work for Dubai is very important and often leads him to travel a lot.If you ask me,I would say that the women do most of the work and raise the children-even though he is trying to be with all the children and offer them a good life,the mothers,aunts,sisters etc. do most of the work I am sure;-)

I agree. Sheikh Mohammed is in the critical position of provider and key responsible and that will always limit time to be personally involved in EVERY other detail of each child or even each wife. But I hope they work as a team and I'm sure they do. I actually like this system of designated parties to provide and obtain resources and then specific parties for the care, delegation, and use of those resources to comfort and improve life quality for the whole household.
Although as an added measure, they have much additional staff. (Jobs they would otherwise have to do)
It's kind of like as one unit the Al Maktoum men are the family providers and work together for the country and family. They provide so well, and have so much staff it even minimizes others duties.

Well,in your description the Al Maktoum family sounds like a highly-organised company,but I understand what you mean. You might have heard that the British Royal Family is also dubbed "The Firm" and every working royal is "employed" by the firm:) (I believe it is a reference to the John Grisham novel,but I am not 100% sure what it means for the British people or the royals.)
Just like any successful,highly efficient person who wants to be productive,they have to delegate the mundane work - so they give jobs to cleaners,gardeners,cooks,nannies & many more. (Altough I have read that Princess Haya likes to cook for her family sometimes.)
It would not work any other way-and honestly,if I had the resources,I would also give a lot of housework and menial work to other people;-)

Well,in your description the Al Maktoum family sounds like a highly-organised company,

They are.......

Just like any successful,highly efficient person who wants to be productive,they have to delegate the mundane work - so they give jobs to cleaners,gardeners,cooks,nannies & many more........
It would not work any other way-......

Of course, there is no other way to manage all......

My personal view is, that not the amount of time but the quality of the relationship between father and child (parents and children) is crucial. If one of his children need him urgently, he is here! But I agree with you in the point of the womens responsibility for raise the children mainly. By the way, also older brothers are good representatives or problem solver. ;) It is more likely in a large family that you find someone who has time for your needs.

Last edited by a moderator:
the youngest child always makes the parent reconnect with their youth in a way. for sheikh mohammed he's a grandfather now, so probably having a daughter al jalila's age makes him feel that he isnt so old just yet.
i think by the time little sheikh zayed gets older and has is shown to the world like his sister is, people are going to start thinking that he loves him more than al jalila.
obviously he loves all his children, but the youngest is always the one you tend to spoil more

While I agree with your observations,that young kids remind the parents of their youth,I would also say that every parent have children that they can relate to in a better way-be it because of their character or because they have more similar interests/hobbies and share the same mindset-even if you try to do your best and treat all kids equal,they will notice that you prefer one over the other.
It is only human,we are not machines that click every time we see a human face or do things in an automatic way,but we have our personal stories and preferences,even if this means that one person will feel less loved/accepted/appreciated than another.That is only normal,nothing to be ashamed of,it is just human.
I do believe that Sheikh Mohammed has a preference for the boys who are sharing his love for poetry & horses and he absolutely adores Sheikha Al Jalila,no question!
With some children you see more "close" contact while with other children he is not so emotionally attached,that is also visible in the pictures.
For instance,I am sure that S.Mohammed is extremely proud of Sh.Maktoum,his intelligence,education & work for Dubai, but there is not so much closeness like with CP Hamdan, simply because they have more in common on a personal level...

but recently i noticed that sheikh mohammed has been taking sheikh maktoum with him everywhere lately. like in weddings and openings.

but recently i noticed that sheikh mohammed has been taking sheikh maktoum with him everywhere lately. like in weddings and openings.

The same he do with Shaikh Hamdan and Shaikh Majid often.....The frequency also depends on the functions that occupy the boys. Shaikh Maktoum is Deputy Ruler of Dubai and hence a "rank" higher than Shaikh Hamdan.

Last edited:
Imanmajed said:
The same he do with Shaikh Hamdan and Shaikh Majid often.....The frequency also depends on the functions that occupy the boys. Shaikh Maktoum is Deputy Ruler of Dubai and hence a "rank" higher than Shaikh Hamdan.

I never knew that Maktoum's ranking in Dubai politics was higher than Hamdan's. Thats interesting to know :)
In private affairs like weddings is it of any significance who sheikh Mohammed takes with him?

Well, Sheikh Maktoum has a better higher education and to me he seems to be a more serious and intellectual type than CP Hamdan who has a rather modest educational background but a lot of charisma and kind nature...
So for representing & public events Hamdan is the better choice,but for the serious work and disciplined efforts to govern Dubai I find that Sheikh Maktoum has better credibility.
I did not write that Sheikh Mohammed is not close to him,only that with CP Hamdan you see more "heart" & emotions in the relationship while with Maktoum it seems more like an intellectual-dispassionate bond that is founded on mutual respect for their work & thinking.

In private affairs like weddings is it of any significance who sheikh Mohammed takes with him?

There are no rule. Normally in private affairs like weddings there are no significance which of his children Shaikh Mo takes with him. It does not matter if he comes with Shaikh Maktoum or with Shaikh Hamdan or with Shaikh Majid. But you can assume that the event takes a higher importance for the al Maktoum family the more sons participate in the event at his side. For private events the number of family members taking part is more crucial.

Godolphin win the world cup with African Story (S.de Souza) what saves an otherwise victory-less evening.

YES Nice victory , Congratulation to Godolphin very interesting race , African story was amazing <3 <3 <3

Last edited:
yesterday's reception

YouTube Video

BTW: Meanwhile Al Jalila shows the perfect attitude of a Shaikha during public events. She is no longer the tomboy who almost was on the way to drow down her father´s agal. ;) She is adorable, mashallah.

Last edited:
Interactive: 2014 Dubai World Cup racecard:The National

Godolphin win the world cup with African Story (S.de Souza) what saves an otherwise victory-less evening.

Godolphin’s African Story wins Dubai World Cup in the press: Godolphin’s African Story wins $10m Dubai World Cup - Khaleej Times

Shaikh Hamdan at DWC: WAM | Emirates News Agency

Shaikh Mohammed along with Shaikh Hamdan at DWC: picture 1 & picture 2

Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum has attended a reception and dinner hosted by Falcon and Associates at Armani Hotel, Burj Khalifa in Dubai, for owners, breeders, trainers and participants in the 19th edition Dubai World Cup which kicks off today at the group's Nad al Sheba Racecourse. HRH Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein welcomed the guests who came from all over the world and wished for a good stay for them in Dubai in her speech at the reception.

Other Shaikhs and senior officials were also present: WAM | Emirates News Agency

Last edited by a moderator:
Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum has attended a reception and dinner hosted by Falcon and Associates at Armani Hotel, Burj Khalifa in Dubai, for owners, breeders, trainers and participants in the 19th edition Dubai World Cup which kicks off today at the group's Nad al Sheba Racecourse. HRH Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein welcomed the guests who came from all over the world and wished for a good stay for them in Dubai in her speech at the reception.

Other Shaikhs and senior officials were also present: WAM | Emirates News Agency

The reception
ImageBam

Haya and her daughter
ImageBam

Back
Top Bottom