The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-01-2013, 12:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalila18 View Post
Nope, it is printed right. Leroidesanimaux is correct. Here's his stud page from his farm.

Leroidesanimaux (Brz) | Hallmarc Stallions
Maybe,but it doesn´t really makes sense,it´s like writing Sheikhmohammedbinrashidalmaktoum instead of his name with spaces inbetween...I really wonder about some horse names,they are on the verge of the ultra-ridiculous sometimes

. Helen Keller
Old 04-01-2013, 01:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
Maybe,but it doesn´t really makes sense,it´s like writing Sheikhmohammedbinrashidalmaktoum instead of his name with spaces inbetween...I really wonder about some horse names,they are on the verge of the ultra-ridiculous sometimes
There's a difference between a man's name and the name of a racehorse....

Old 04-01-2013, 07:53 PM
Royal Highness

It is not a funny name,but a name written in the wrong way,it is like calling a horse "Mashulla" when it really means "Mashalla".That is considered strange,not funny,just plain sloppyness and absolutely nothing that tells that the owner have respect for the beauty of the French language.
As I have told-le roi des animaux has MEANING in French,it means the king of animals!
. Helen Keller
Old 04-01-2013, 08:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
For thoroughbreds the Jockey Club limits the number of characters including spaces in a horses name. They must also approve the horses name.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:54 AM
Royal Highness

Oh,thank you NGalitzine,that makes perfect sense to me!
Very smart way of chosing a too long name and cleverly dodging the Jockey Club rules ;-)
I thought something like that,but I don´t know so much about the specific rules and laws in equestrianism and special requirements of FEI/certain clubs :-)
So good luck to "le roi des animaux" and his kid,"Animal Kingdom"
A very pretty and well-trained horse indeed, I like the colour of his coat and the cute white part on LRDA´s head!

"As a racehorse, Leroidesanimaux was scintillating. He set a record for largest margin of victory in the Atto Mile, a race he won by 7 3/4 lengths while carrying the highest weight of any winner in the history of the race."
. Helen Keller
Old 04-02-2013, 02:01 PM
Gentry

Yep, the Jockey Club rules can be a bit annoying sometimes. Especially when they reject perfectly good names yet allow some horses to be called "Panty Raid", "Bodacious Ta Ta's" and "Date more Minors".
Old 04-02-2013, 02:42 PM
Royal Highness

Haha,the name suggestions above are too funny to be true *lol*
Yes,I am sure they have some strange rules that riders and owners need to follow.
When I visited a large stable,walking around and looking at all the names I sometimes could not stop myself from thinking how the owners arrived at such an excentric name choice! But hey, we live in a free world and everyone should take names they want- so let´s take it with a dose of healthy humour :-)
. Helen Keller
Old 04-02-2013, 09:44 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Haha,the name suggestions above are too funny to be true *lol*
Yes,I am sure they have some strange rules that riders and owners need to follow.
When I visited a large stable,walking around and looking at all the names I sometimes could not stop myself from thinking how the owners arrived at such an excentric name choice! But hey, we live in a free world and everyone should take names they want- so let´s take it with a dose of healthy humour :-)
LOL, but they are true racehorse names! Some are funny, others are kinda questionable.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:53 PM
Royal Highness

Really? Haha,that is really the joke of the day,you are not fooling me?Especially the last name is *eeeek*...how did they allow that?
I am sorry for the horses who need to run around with those names. They deserve better than that.I would take my names from literature and opera, I think they would make special and beautiful names,imagine "Manon Lescaut" or for a lively horse "Huckleberry Finn", a very strong horse might get a name from Greek mythology etc.
I have plenty of ideas for the names, now I only need the horses to give it to them ;-)
. Helen Keller
Old 04-02-2013, 10:06 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Really? Haha,that is really the joke of the day,you are not fooling me?Especially the last name is *eeeek*...how did they allow that?
I am sorry for the horses who need to run around with those names. They deserve better than that.I would take my names from literature and opera, I think they would make special and beautiful names,imagine "Manon Lescaut" or for a lively horse "Huckleberry Finn", a very strong horse might get a name from Greek mythology etc.
I have plenty of ideas for the names, now I only need the horses to give it to them ;-)
Yes, they are true names. Panty Raid was trained by Todd Pletcher, won the Spinster Stakes a couple years ago.
http://niallbrennan.com/images/niall..._PantyRaid.jpg

Bodacious Ta Ta's Bodacious Tatas Thoroughbred

And Date more Minors Date More Minors Horse Pedigree
Old 04-02-2013, 10:16 PM
Royal Highness

oh no,the first two names still go under "ridiculous,but hey-why not let them have the fun?" but the last name is making me cringe...
At least the horses won´t get bullied in school for their names like some poor girls and boys who have got a very unusual name and get treated badly by their fellow students because of that.
. Helen Keller
Old 04-03-2013, 11:44 AM
Aristocracy

Sheikh Mansoor bin Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum and Sheikha Maryam bint Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum at the race

http://i47.tinypic.com/2e1rnmc.jpg
Old 04-03-2013, 12:32 PM
Royal Highness

Wow,Maryam looks so great in this picture! I love her dress and her hairstyle,she is such a natural beauty:-)
Thanks for sharing,khalidi!
. Helen Keller
Old 04-04-2013, 12:39 AM
Commoner

did u guys see how cute sheikha al jalila was?! she's so pretty mashallah. sheikh mo is such a down to earth guy he let her tickle him infront of all the press and all the people around him. it was just the nicest thing to see.
who was the little girl with sheikha al jalila? is she one of her jordanian cousins?
Old 04-04-2013, 05:14 AM
Gentry

The last year's race at Meydan was more of a family gathering. However this year we didn't see neither Sheikh Rashid nor the daudghters of Sheikh Mohammed. And the high-profile guests were Ramzan Kadyrov - the president of Chechnya and Akon. Why is Sheikh Rashid absent from these events. For an outsider it's too difficult to comprehend the reason, but you guys have some observations, it'll be nice to discuss this issue.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:24 AM
Royal Highness

Oh no,Kadyrow was at that World Cup? If he was present,I can understand that Mohammed´s daughters did not want to go there....I am glad that the girls are so cautious and don´t want to be seen with a man of such doubtful reputation....

"A Russian daily, Gazeta, reported that according to a poll conducted by the independent Levada Center, only 33 percent of Russians believe that Ramzan Kadyrov can be trusted, while 35 percent believed that he cannot. Asked whether they thought Kadyrov could normalize the situation in Chechnya and end the bloodshed there, 31 percent said yes and 38 percent said no."

(Source:http://www.gazeta.ru/)

About Sheikh Rashid I don´t know,I thought it was nice he could attend last DWC,but maybe Sheikh Mohammed is more careful now and did not want him top attend or maybe he had something else to do.Hopefully not watching the match Borussia Dortmund-Malaga,because that was such a lousy game and DWC is definitely a better and more exciting event ;-)
. Helen Keller
Old 04-05-2013, 03:31 AM
Commoner

sheikha sheikha was at the races i saw a picture she (i assume) has taken of sheikha sheema and in the background was the race track. they were in one of those closed booths ( i dont know what theyre called) looking down at the races
Old 04-07-2013, 12:47 PM
Royal Highness

Really? How interesting! I absolutely adore Sheema:-)
Hope they hada great time at the race track,maybe it inspires the little Princess to pursue a equestrian career when she is older.
Can you post the picture you´ve found? I would love to see it too,as you know by now, I am very much enchanted by cute Sheema & happy to watch her photographs!
. Helen Keller
Old 04-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Aristocracy

Sheikh Mohammed ,Sheikh Hamdan ,Princess Haya

Photo by albarjeel • Instagram

Anyone knows who the other woman is ?
Old 04-08-2013, 05:10 PM
Serene Highness

A picture for the Al Jalila fan club: His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President and Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai and Shaikha Al Jalila following competitions Dubai World Cup 2013:

Shaikh Mo and Shaikha Al Jalila at DWC 2013

Tags
dubai sheikh, dubai sheikhs, dubai world cup, princess haya, princess haya at the dubai world cup, sheikh, sheikh mansour, sheikh mohammed, sheikh mohammed bin rashid, sheikhs hamdan bin mohammed, uae ruling family