The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #201  
Old 04-13-2012, 08:47 AM
Imanmajed's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 1,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi83 View Post
Laha magazine posted some new pics for the event ; I was shocked by haya's one :

Laha Magazine - '????????' ????????? ????...
No she is absolutly fine. I think that the position was taken by the photo is not the best place to get a good photo. But look at the picures of sweet Sheikha Al Jalila und HH Sheikh Muhammed!!!!! First: She is absolutly Daddyīs girl (pictures 2 and 5) and second: Sheikh Muhammed does not look particularly pleased when she handled wild with the tassels of his agal (pic 11 and 12) . Oh oh oh - Sheikha Al Jalila is very very cute ..... i like her actions.

Picture 4 is very nice too! A great shot. Thanks for sharing the picīs xavi83!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 04-13-2012, 09:01 AM
LipGloss's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 429
I agree they did not pick the best angle for her, Princess Haya is beautiful but not particularly photogenic, I think she's one of those people who camera does not do them their justice.
Imanmajed Yes Sheikh Mohammed looks rather surprised
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 04-13-2012, 09:40 AM
xavi83's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: amman, Jordan
Posts: 2,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imanmajed View Post
No she is absolutly fine. I think that the position was taken by the photo is not the best place to get a good photo. But look at the picures of sweet Sheikha Al Jalila und HH Sheikh y!!!!! First: She is absolutly Daddyīs girl (pictures 2 and 5) and second: Sheikh Muhammed does not look particularly pleased when she handled wild with the tassels of his agal (pic 11 and 12) . Oh oh oh - Sheikha Al Jalila is very very cute ..... i like her actions.

Picture 4 is very nice too! A great shot. Thanks for sharing the picīs xavi83!
here is the complete video of jalila when played with her daddy's agal :
__________________
His Majesty King Hussein Bin Talal was my role model all my life, loved him so much, may God bless his soul, and paradise will be his final destination
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 04-13-2012, 01:35 PM
Imanmajed's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 1,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi83 View Post
here is the complete video of jalila when played with her daddy's agal :
Absolutly a wunderful heart-warming girl. Sheikha Al Jalila is the best!!!!! 1 sec later and she has torn down the agal of the father before the world with a stunning smile.

I am delighted that she will refreshing us now and in the future with her special actions. She is like her mother and has plenty of charisma, wit and is very intelligent and natural. She is different than the other girls of Al Maktoum, in a better way. I look forward to the days when she is grown. May Allah protect her.

Special thanks to xavie83 for sharing with us.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 04-13-2012, 03:35 PM
xavi83's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: amman, Jordan
Posts: 2,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imanmajed View Post
Absolutly a wunderful heart-warming girl. Sheikha Al Jalila is the best!!!!! 1 sec later and she has torn down the agal of the father before the world with a stunning smile.

I am delighted that she will refreshing us now and in the future with her special actions. She is like her mother and has plenty of charisma, wit and is very intelligent and natural. She is different than the other girls of Al Maktoum, in a better way. I look forward to the days when she is grown. May Allah protect her.

Special thanks to xavie83 for sharing with us.
I agree she has strong personality and hope she will be a special sheikha ; you are always welcome Imanmajed
__________________
His Majesty King Hussein Bin Talal was my role model all my life, loved him so much, may God bless his soul, and paradise will be his final destination
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 03-30-2013, 09:12 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,862
Today is the day! Arab trainers have lots of chances, Godolphin among them, and I am sure the Al Maktoums will be out and about again.

Many top class american horses there as well as american top jockeys like Mike Smith or Gary Stevens, who came out of a 7 year retirement (he played George Woolf in Seabiscuit).
Dubai World Cup 2013 'live': Moonwalk In Paris bids to keep Godolphin Mile at home - Emirates 24/7
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 03-30-2013, 09:34 AM
blauerengel's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 1,729
The name of the horse clearly shows his poetic passion -
who else would own a horse called Soft Falling Rain,except maybe CP Hamdan :-)
Itīs a nice name,better than some of the other names I have seen in various stables,where imagination lead the passionate horse-lover to chose very excentric names...

Wishing good luck to all the riders!
__________________
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
Avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright exposure.
Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing
. Helen Keller
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 03-30-2013, 09:55 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
The name of the horse clearly shows his poetic passion -
who else would own a horse called Soft Falling Rain,except maybe CP Hamdan :-)
Itīs a nice name,better than some of the other names I have seen in various stables,where imagination lead the passionate horse-lover to chose very excentric names...

Wishing good luck to all the riders!
SFR just won the Godolphin Mile
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old 03-30-2013, 10:12 AM
blauerengel's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 1,729
Cool!So he could be re-named into Fast-Racing-Speed :-)
Congratulations!
__________________
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
Avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright exposure.
Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing
. Helen Keller
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 03-30-2013, 08:16 PM
Imanmajed's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 1,416
Videos from Dubai World Cup 2013 races:

http://gulfnews.com/in-focus/dubai-world-cup/videos-from-dubai-world-cup-2013-races-1.1164665
__________________
ماجد (engl. translation: Majid)


Reply With Quote
  #211  
Old 03-30-2013, 08:16 PM
Imanmajed's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 1,416
Animal Kingdom wins Dubai World Cup 2013

Animal Kingdom wins Dubai World Cup 2013 | GulfNews.com
__________________
ماجد (engl. translation: Majid)


Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old 03-30-2013, 08:29 PM
Imanmajed's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 1,416
In the shadow of the Dubai World Cup Arabian horses showcase their beauty and technique at the annual event held at the Dubai World Trade Centre. Highlights from 2013 Dubai International Horse Fair and Championship:

Highlights from 2013 Dubai International Horse Fair and Championship | GulfNews.com
__________________
ماجد (engl. translation: Majid)


Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old 03-31-2013, 04:50 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 18,856
Sheikh Mohammed, Princess Haya and AlJalila at the race
http://i.imgur.com/aGQ5b5h.jpg

Anyone knows who the other young girl is?

A few more various pictures of different Sheikh's including Sheikh Hamda, Dubai's Crown Prince

Picture gallery albaya.ae
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old 03-31-2013, 10:16 AM
Kalila18's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Minneapolis-St.Paul, United States
Posts: 75
So happy for Animal Kingdom! He had an injury that prevented him from running last year. His connections are good people. Yay for the 2011 Kentucky Derby winner now the 2013 Dubai World Cup winner as well!
__________________
The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears. ~Arabian Proverb
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old 03-31-2013, 11:07 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalila18 View Post
So happy for Animal Kingdom! He had an injury that prevented him from running last year. His connections are good people. Yay for the 2011 Kentucky Derby winner now the 2013 Dubai World Cup winner as well!
He is one of the very few top contenders in the field, a Kentucky Derby Winner. The only question was how he would cope with Tapeta instead of dirt. Funny enough, he broke is pelvis like a previous winner, Well Armed, and returned to win the DWC.

In general, there is critizism that the whole Carnival is all about the money, the british don't send their best horses because of the timing, its too early for the season. Therefore a lot of second string or older horses will the big prizes that don't stand any chances during the summer season in Europe.

The Americans now start coming over but most horses are dirt horses and don't like the Meydan Tapeta, lots of superstar horses have flopped there (Game on Dude last year, this year Little Mike, Dullahan or Royal Delta).

Two of the Coolmore horses won this year, they used to boycott the DWC because Sheikh Mohammed & John Magnier do not speak to each other. But money talks, and maybe Magnier is having a laugh stealing some big prizes on Arab home turf.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old 03-31-2013, 05:21 PM
blauerengel's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 1,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imanmajed View Post
Animal Kingdom wins Dubai World Cup 2013

Animal Kingdom wins Dubai World Cup 2013 | GulfNews.com
In their excitement about Animal kingdomīs win,they wrote his fatherīs name wrong-the horse is not called "Leroidesanimaux",but Le roi des animaux! (Meaning the king of animals in French!)
Congratulations to all the winners & good luck to the rest of the competitors
__________________
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
Avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright exposure.
Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing
. Helen Keller
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Old 03-31-2013, 05:25 PM
blauerengel's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 1,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
He is one of the very few top contenders in the field, a Kentucky Derby Winner. The only question was how he would cope with Tapeta instead of dirt. Funny enough, he broke is pelvis like a previous winner, Well Armed, and returned to win the DWC.

In general, there is critizism that the whole Carnival is all about the money, the british don't send their best horses because of the timing, its too early for the season. Therefore a lot of second string or older horses will the big prizes that don't stand any chances during the summer season in Europe.

The Americans now start coming over but most horses are dirt horses and don't like the Meydan Tapeta, lots of superstar horses have flopped there (Game on Dude last year, this year Little Mike, Dullahan or Royal Delta).

Two of the Coolmore horses won this year, they used to boycott the DWC because Sheikh Mohammed & John Magnier do not speak to each other. But money talks, and maybe Magnier is having a laugh stealing some big prizes on Arab home turf.
That is interesting, I use to follow the races a little bit and I like horses, but I must say that I am not very well-informed about the background and what is going on behind the scenes.
Well,I donīt understand why the British donīt send their horses to DWC-if I had a fine horse that has chances to win,I would definitely send it...
But maybe the pride and personal relations of the men prevent that
__________________
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
Avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright exposure.
Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing
. Helen Keller
Reply With Quote
  #218  
Old 04-01-2013, 03:23 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
That is interesting, I use to follow the races a little bit and I like horses, but I must say that I am not very well-informed about the background and what is going on behind the scenes.
Well,I donīt understand why the British donīt send their horses to DWC-if I had a fine horse that has chances to win,I would definitely send it...
But maybe the pride and personal relations of the men prevent that
It has to do with the British horse racing season for flat races, which only starts these days and peaks from June onwards. The horses are simply only beginning to be trained for the big meetings like Royal Ascot, Classics etc. these days.

Therefore, unless you have older American horses, who are out there to grab some big price money before they go to stud or local horses, who will not compete in Europe, there is not prime competition like eg in the Breeder's Cup that takes place in October.

So DWC is about big price money but less quality, and it comes back from the days when Sheikh Mo was desperate to get Dubai on the horse racing map. March is not good timing for Superstar horses to perform on highest level.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #219  
Old 04-01-2013, 10:38 AM
Kalila18's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Minneapolis-St.Paul, United States
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
He is one of the very few top contenders in the field, a Kentucky Derby Winner. The only question was how he would cope with Tapeta instead of dirt. Funny enough, he broke is pelvis like a previous winner, Well Armed, and returned to win the DWC.
Actually it wasn't really a big question for him. Animal Kingdom has won on synthetics before. He's also raced on grass.

Also, he did not fracture his pelvis, he had a stress fracture in his left hind leg. Before that, he had a slab fracture the year before in the same leg.
__________________
The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears. ~Arabian Proverb
Reply With Quote
  #220  
Old 04-01-2013, 10:43 AM
Kalila18's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Minneapolis-St.Paul, United States
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
In their excitement about Animal kingdomīs win,they wrote his fatherīs name wrong-the horse is not called "Leroidesanimaux",but Le roi des animaux! (Meaning the king of animals in French!)
Congratulations to all the winners & good luck to the rest of the competitors
Nope, it is printed right. Leroidesanimaux is correct. Here's his stud page from his farm.

Leroidesanimaux (Brz) | Hallmarc Stallions
__________________

__________________
The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears. ~Arabian Proverb
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dubai sheikh, dubai sheikhs, dubai world cup, princess haya, princess haya at the dubai world cup, sheikh, sheikh mansour, sheikh mohammed, sheikh mohammed bin rashid, sheikhs hamdan bin mohammed, uae ruling family


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fez Festival of World Sacred Music: 2004-2014 Monalisa King Mohammed VI and Princess Lalla Salma and Family 110 11-06-2014 07:27 PM
Princess Haya at Cartier International Dubai Polo Challenge 2006-2009, 2013 desertrosemrk Ruling Family of Dubai 51 02-24-2013 08:44 AM
Royals at the 2006 World Cup in Germany bonnita Royal International Events 6 07-04-2006 03:22 AM




Popular Tags
belgium brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy germany grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pieter van vollenhoven poland president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince daniel prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary queen fabiola queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:43 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]