The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-13-2012, 08:47 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi83 View Post
Laha magazine posted some new pics for the event ; I was shocked by haya's one :

Laha Magazine - '????????' ????????? ????...
No she is absolutly fine. I think that the position was taken by the photo is not the best place to get a good photo. But look at the picures of sweet Sheikha Al Jalila und HH Sheikh Muhammed!!!!! First: She is absolutly Daddyīs girl (pictures 2 and 5) and second: Sheikh Muhammed does not look particularly pleased when she handled wild with the tassels of his agal (pic 11 and 12) . Oh oh oh - Sheikha Al Jalila is very very cute ..... i like her actions.

Picture 4 is very nice too! A great shot. Thanks for sharing the picīs xavi83!

Old 04-13-2012, 09:01 AM
Nobility

I agree they did not pick the best angle for her, Princess Haya is beautiful but not particularly photogenic, I think she's one of those people who camera does not do them their justice.
Imanmajed Yes Sheikh Mohammed looks rather surprised

Old 04-13-2012, 09:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imanmajed View Post
No she is absolutly fine. I think that the position was taken by the photo is not the best place to get a good photo. But look at the picures of sweet Sheikha Al Jalila und HH Sheikh y!!!!! First: She is absolutly Daddyīs girl (pictures 2 and 5) and second: Sheikh Muhammed does not look particularly pleased when she handled wild with the tassels of his agal (pic 11 and 12) . Oh oh oh - Sheikha Al Jalila is very very cute ..... i like her actions.

Picture 4 is very nice too! A great shot. Thanks for sharing the picīs xavi83!
here is the complete video of jalila when played with her daddy's agal :
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 04-13-2012, 01:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi83 View Post
here is the complete video of jalila when played with her daddy's agal :
Absolutly a wunderful heart-warming girl. Sheikha Al Jalila is the best!!!!! 1 sec later and she has torn down the agal of the father before the world with a stunning smile.

I am delighted that she will refreshing us now and in the future with her special actions. She is like her mother and has plenty of charisma, wit and is very intelligent and natural. She is different than the other girls of Al Maktoum, in a better way. I look forward to the days when she is grown. May Allah protect her.

Special thanks to xavie83 for sharing with us.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Absolutly a wunderful heart-warming girl. Sheikha Al Jalila is the best!!!!! 1 sec later and she has torn down the agal of the father before the world with a stunning smile.

I am delighted that she will refreshing us now and in the future with her special actions. She is like her mother and has plenty of charisma, wit and is very intelligent and natural. She is different than the other girls of Al Maktoum, in a better way. I look forward to the days when she is grown. May Allah protect her.

Special thanks to xavie83 for sharing with us.
I agree she has strong personality and hope she will be a special sheikha ; you are always welcome Imanmajed
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 03-30-2013, 09:12 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Today is the day! Arab trainers have lots of chances, Godolphin among them, and I am sure the Al Maktoums will be out and about again.

Many top class american horses there as well as american top jockeys like Mike Smith or Gary Stevens, who came out of a 7 year retirement (he played George Woolf in Seabiscuit).
Dubai World Cup 2013 'live': Moonwalk In Paris bids to keep Godolphin Mile at home - Emirates 24/7
Old 03-30-2013, 09:34 AM
Royal Highness

The name of the horse clearly shows his poetic passion -
who else would own a horse called Soft Falling Rain,except maybe CP Hamdan :-)
Itīs a nice name,better than some of the other names I have seen in various stables,where imagination lead the passionate horse-lover to chose very excentric names...

Wishing good luck to all the riders!
. Helen Keller
Old 03-30-2013, 09:55 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
The name of the horse clearly shows his poetic passion -
who else would own a horse called Soft Falling Rain,except maybe CP Hamdan :-)
Itīs a nice name,better than some of the other names I have seen in various stables,where imagination lead the passionate horse-lover to chose very excentric names...

Wishing good luck to all the riders!
SFR just won the Godolphin Mile
Old 03-30-2013, 10:12 AM
Royal Highness

Cool!So he could be re-named into Fast-Racing-Speed :-)
Congratulations!
. Helen Keller
Old 03-30-2013, 08:16 PM
Serene Highness

Videos from Dubai World Cup 2013 races:

http://gulfnews.com/in-focus/dubai-world-cup/videos-from-dubai-world-cup-2013-races-1.1164665

Old 03-30-2013, 08:16 PM
Serene Highness

Animal Kingdom wins Dubai World Cup 2013

Animal Kingdom wins Dubai World Cup 2013 | GulfNews.com

Old 03-30-2013, 08:29 PM
Serene Highness

In the shadow of the Dubai World Cup Arabian horses showcase their beauty and technique at the annual event held at the Dubai World Trade Centre. Highlights from 2013 Dubai International Horse Fair and Championship:

Highlights from 2013 Dubai International Horse Fair and Championship | GulfNews.com

Old 03-31-2013, 04:50 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Sheikh Mohammed, Princess Haya and AlJalila at the race
http://i.imgur.com/aGQ5b5h.jpg

Anyone knows who the other young girl is?

A few more various pictures of different Sheikh's including Sheikh Hamda, Dubai's Crown Prince

Picture gallery albaya.ae
Old 03-31-2013, 10:16 AM
Gentry

So happy for Animal Kingdom! He had an injury that prevented him from running last year. His connections are good people. Yay for the 2011 Kentucky Derby winner now the 2013 Dubai World Cup winner as well!
Old 03-31-2013, 11:07 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalila18 View Post
So happy for Animal Kingdom! He had an injury that prevented him from running last year. His connections are good people. Yay for the 2011 Kentucky Derby winner now the 2013 Dubai World Cup winner as well!
He is one of the very few top contenders in the field, a Kentucky Derby Winner. The only question was how he would cope with Tapeta instead of dirt. Funny enough, he broke is pelvis like a previous winner, Well Armed, and returned to win the DWC.

In general, there is critizism that the whole Carnival is all about the money, the british don't send their best horses because of the timing, its too early for the season. Therefore a lot of second string or older horses will the big prizes that don't stand any chances during the summer season in Europe.

The Americans now start coming over but most horses are dirt horses and don't like the Meydan Tapeta, lots of superstar horses have flopped there (Game on Dude last year, this year Little Mike, Dullahan or Royal Delta).

Two of the Coolmore horses won this year, they used to boycott the DWC because Sheikh Mohammed & John Magnier do not speak to each other. But money talks, and maybe Magnier is having a laugh stealing some big prizes on Arab home turf.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:21 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Animal Kingdom wins Dubai World Cup 2013

Animal Kingdom wins Dubai World Cup 2013 | GulfNews.com
In their excitement about Animal kingdomīs win,they wrote his fatherīs name wrong-the horse is not called "Leroidesanimaux",but Le roi des animaux! (Meaning the king of animals in French!)
Congratulations to all the winners & good luck to the rest of the competitors
. Helen Keller
Old 03-31-2013, 05:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
He is one of the very few top contenders in the field, a Kentucky Derby Winner. The only question was how he would cope with Tapeta instead of dirt. Funny enough, he broke is pelvis like a previous winner, Well Armed, and returned to win the DWC.

In general, there is critizism that the whole Carnival is all about the money, the british don't send their best horses because of the timing, its too early for the season. Therefore a lot of second string or older horses will the big prizes that don't stand any chances during the summer season in Europe.

The Americans now start coming over but most horses are dirt horses and don't like the Meydan Tapeta, lots of superstar horses have flopped there (Game on Dude last year, this year Little Mike, Dullahan or Royal Delta).

Two of the Coolmore horses won this year, they used to boycott the DWC because Sheikh Mohammed & John Magnier do not speak to each other. But money talks, and maybe Magnier is having a laugh stealing some big prizes on Arab home turf.
That is interesting, I use to follow the races a little bit and I like horses, but I must say that I am not very well-informed about the background and what is going on behind the scenes.
Well,I donīt understand why the British donīt send their horses to DWC-if I had a fine horse that has chances to win,I would definitely send it...
But maybe the pride and personal relations of the men prevent that
. Helen Keller
Old 04-01-2013, 03:23 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
That is interesting, I use to follow the races a little bit and I like horses, but I must say that I am not very well-informed about the background and what is going on behind the scenes.
Well,I donīt understand why the British donīt send their horses to DWC-if I had a fine horse that has chances to win,I would definitely send it...
But maybe the pride and personal relations of the men prevent that
It has to do with the British horse racing season for flat races, which only starts these days and peaks from June onwards. The horses are simply only beginning to be trained for the big meetings like Royal Ascot, Classics etc. these days.

Therefore, unless you have older American horses, who are out there to grab some big price money before they go to stud or local horses, who will not compete in Europe, there is not prime competition like eg in the Breeder's Cup that takes place in October.

So DWC is about big price money but less quality, and it comes back from the days when Sheikh Mo was desperate to get Dubai on the horse racing map. March is not good timing for Superstar horses to perform on highest level.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:38 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Actually it wasn't really a big question for him. Animal Kingdom has won on synthetics before. He's also raced on grass.

Also, he did not fracture his pelvis, he had a stress fracture in his left hind leg. Before that, he had a slab fracture the year before in the same leg.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:43 AM
Gentry

Quote:
In their excitement about Animal kingdomīs win,they wrote his fatherīs name wrong-the horse is not called "Leroidesanimaux",but Le roi des animaux! (Meaning the king of animals in French!)
Congratulations to all the winners & good luck to the rest of the competitors
Nope, it is printed right. Leroidesanimaux is correct. Here's his stud page from his farm.

Leroidesanimaux (Brz) | Hallmarc Stallions

Tags
dubai sheikh, dubai sheikhs, dubai world cup, princess haya, princess haya at the dubai world cup, sheikh, sheikh mansour, sheikh mohammed, sheikh mohammed bin rashid, sheikhs hamdan bin mohammed, uae ruling family