Dubai Ruling Family at the Epsom Derby: 2004-2005, 2008-2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haya should hire some good styling advisor. Every time she shouws up in a western dress it's a mess. Her arabic dresses are beautifull but this ones she had in UK are terrible.

Haya should hire some good styling advisor. Every time she shouws up in a western dress it's a mess. Her arabic dresses are beautifull but this ones she had in UK are terrible.

If you check out P.Hayas gashion thread, you can clearly see that she does work with a stylist on a few outfits. Her style has gotten better but I dont agree that she looks like a mess everytime she is in Western cloths. Many of her Ascot outfits have been great hits IMO.

In her last apperance with Sheikh Mohammed her outfit seems to be matching his tie :D

IMO this is a nice dress on her. Wearing thick belts around the waist area, distracts that area while bring attention to other areas....like her knees. Now I thought knees and arms should not be shown? The color was dark on her, however she looked better with light blue rather than a royal blue.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think her hat is too wide for her. IMO she would look much taller and gracer if she preferred smaller hats. On the other hand, her dress is not very bad, but I think she could make changes in her day time fashion so that it can match with her young age better. Last but not the least, I loved her make up. :flowers:

I think she looked lovely, her husband and the other prince, look like "fixer uppers".

Here is a video of Sheikh Mohammed, sheikh Hamdan and Princess Haya at the race, also a part that shows the royals meeting with Queen Elizabeth.
I didnt know Haya curtstys to the Queen.

Video

Here is a video of Sheikh Mohammed, sheikh Hamdan and Princess Haya at the race, also a part that shows the royals meeting with Queen Elizabeth.
I didnt know Haya curtstys to the Queen.

Video

nice video...haya looks vibrant...

I am a big fan of horse racing and I regularly attend races or watch them on TV. One thing that I always like are the women's hats, some are really beautiful and some are just funny. It's always cool to check out the dresses and the hats of the women at horse races. The Epsom Derby is one of the most interesting events in the horse racing world and I try to watch it every year, of course Belmont and Kentucky are also top events.

Founder of Godolphin, owner of The Princess Elizabeth Stakes winning horse Antara, UAE Vice President / Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai H.H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum (C) and Princess Haya bint al-Hussein of Jordan pose in the winner's circle during Investec Ladies Day at the Investec Derby Festival on June 3, 2011 in Epsom, England.

Gettyimages.com

http://imageupper.com/i/?S0300010080011L130710874353139
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

In this picture

Edit

More pictures
http://www.imagebam.com/image/046f76135069833
http://www.imagebam.com/image/b95e41135069852
http://www.imagebam.com/image/0bbd9b135069860

Last edited:
They had a winner but the big race, the Epsom Oaks, was a disappointment: Blue Bunting only came third and jockey Frankie Dettori dropped his hands when realizing she wouldnt win and subsequently picked up a 10 day ban, missing part of Royal Ascot. Tomorrow in the Derby Godolphin will have the outsider Ocean War, but everybody wants the Queen to win anyway with Carlton House.

They had a winner but the big race, the Epsom Oaks, was a disappointment: Blue Bunting only came third and jockey Frankie Dettori dropped his hands when realizing she wouldnt win and subsequently picked up a 10 day ban, missing part of Royal Ascot. Tomorrow in the Derby Godolphin will have the outsider Ocean War, but everybody wants the Queen to win anyway with Carlton House.

That presumably includes Sheikh Mo as he gave the Queen the horse as a gift according to papers?

That presumably includes Sheikh Mo as he gave the Queen the horse as a gift according to papers?

Yes, it would have, they swapped horses and he refused to take any money what makes it a gift.

Sheikh Mo likes to make such gifts, New Approach won the Derby in the colours of his wife Princess Haya, he gave the colt to her as a gift as a 2 year old.

Frankie Dettori, Goldophin's stable jockey, is usually annoyed about those gifts because he misses out on the rides.

Yes, it would have, they swapped horses and he refused to take any money what makes it a gift.

Sheikh Mo likes to make such gifts, New Approach won the Derby in the colours of his wife Princess Haya, he gave the colt to her as a gift as a 2 year old.

It's a great gift especially since the Queen is into horses & racing :)

At the Epsom Derby day 2, Sheikh Mohammed, Princess Haya and Sheikh Hamdan met with HM the Queen

Sheikhmohammed.co.ae

GettyImages.com gallery with tons of photos of the couple with the Queen

Last edited:
I am surprised to see that Princess Haya gave HM a kiss on the cheek and got away with it.

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/11...78020A24428C6B29FB9E557C46AC249991A77D1099F07
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/11...A7F02C4E0C0E3B29FB9E557C46AC2231470C15E4F8AEE

I remember when Ernst August did the same thing and was crucified by the british media for lack of respect. Or Michelle Obama, whe she touched HM on the shoulder:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=68856&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1103442974
http://www.myghettogirl.com/wp-content/uploads/michelle obama touches queen.jpg

If I remember correctly Haya has always been curtseying to the Queen then a kiss on the cheek. I think it could be the different closeness of them to the Queen. It's said the Sheikh Mohammed and Princess Haya are close to the Queen therefore I think the curtseying is for respect and the kiss for their friendship.

If I remember correctly Haya has always been curtseying to the Queen then a kiss on the cheek. I think it could be the different closeness of them to the Queen. It's said the Sheikh Mohammed and Princess Haya are close to the Queen therefore I think the curtseying is for respect and the kiss for their friendship.
True, cause Haya just gave her one kiss then the Queen kissed her twice, so the Queen wasn't against it.

I think it was a very sweet gesture and it`s also different if a man or o woman gives her a kiss on the cheek...I still don`t understand why the media made such a fuss about Michelle Obamas touch on the shoulder... even the queen is a human being and I think everybody needs to be hugged or touched sometimes ( I am not referring to anything sexual) and kissing cheeks or hugging is a very normal action in Europe between people who know each other.They always give cheek-kisses in France even if you just met somebody.
btw, I think Haya looked great in that outfit:)

Does anyone have a closeup of Haya with that huge white flower? She looked magnificient,I like the way she wears her hair!

I´m curious why Majed stayed in the background...I hope he won`t "disappear" like Rashid!

Does anyone have a closeup of Haya with that huge white flower? She looked magnificient,I like the way she wears her hair!

I´m curious why Majed stayed in the background...I hope he won`t "disappear" like Rashid!
He wasnt in the backgroung, he was next to his father.:whistling: And why he should disappear? Very weird !!!:closedeye

Actually, in the first pic you can clearly see from the expression on the Queen's face and the way she's leaning forward that she's about to kiss Haya.
As for Ernst August, it has been mentioned in several places on this forum that he was allowed to kiss the Queen because they're related.

Last edited:
thanks for the great pictures:) To me this was Princess Hayas best European outfit ever (she has always chosen beautiful Arabic dresses/kaftans).I love everything from the flower to her shoes. I think big flowers are a real trend this summer as I´ve seen quite a few royals and celebrities wearing them!

Back
Top Bottom