Dubai Ruling Family & horse racing

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Duke of Marmalade

Imperial Majesty
City
Frankfurt am Main
Country
Germany
Doping scandal involving 2 horses of Sheikh Mohammed & Princess Haya in her role as FEI President
News -> Dressage -> FEI -> 2009 -> Princess Haya Recuses Herself in Sheik Al Maktoum's Positive Doping Case
Racing: Sheikh Mohammed horse tests positive for doping | Sport | guardian.co.uk

Sheikh Mohammed has been suspended by FEI; Princess Haya will not deal herself with the issue for personal reasons but FEI's second Vice President.

That's shocking news, as if an anti-drug campaigner is being caught smoking canabis, an image desaster for both of them. Haya being forced to investigate her own husband only makes matters worse.

Doping scandal involving 2 horses of Sheikh Mohammed & Princess Haya in her role as FEI President
News -> Dressage -> FEI -> 2009 -> Princess Haya Recuses Herself in Sheik Al Maktoum's Positive Doping Case
Racing: Sheikh Mohammed horse tests positive for doping | Sport | guardian.co.uk

Sheikh Mohammed has been suspended by FEI; Princess Haya will not deal herself with the issue for personal reasons but FEI's second Vice President.

That's shocking news, as if an anti-drug campaigner is being caught smoking canabis, an image desaster for both of them. Haya being forced to investigate her own husband only makes matters worse.

Thanks for sharing! This is shocking!:nonono:

guess his "horseman" image is gone. him winning all those races was a shame anyway. what a freakin joke this guy is.

it is odd tht the one time he gets busted for doping(majid did bfr) is when rashid suddenly shows up at a race after a hiatus.

zabeel123 said:
it is odd tht the one time he gets busted for doping(majid did bfr) is when rashid suddenly shows up at a race after a hiatus.

I did't get what u meant? can u please elaborate:nonono:

Last edited by a moderator:
guess his "horseman" image is gone. him winning all those races was a shame anyway. what a freakin joke this guy is.

Well... i also didn't quite understand what u said.. Can you pliss be clearer? :)
Let me see if i get this straight.. One of his horses in Bahrain was found with a "substance" or "drug" ...hummm interesting....It's always easy to win like this...
HAHAHAH i always thought it was a JOKE how either Sheikh Mo or HAmdan alwayss manage to win in these horse racesss..MEN THEY'RE SO GOOD !!!...:ROFLMAO::whistling:
HOnestly what a "role model" his damaged his reputation now....I am startin to realize that these Sheikhs r badass people...Want to be at the top always.. #1? lolol more like CHEATERRSSSS:whistling::lol::nonono:

I honestly can't imagine Sheikh Mo being involved in this. He would not hurt his reputation by being involved. He's way too smart. I'm sure it was either someone trying to sabatage or one of his people doing something stupid without his knowledge. If he did know, shame on him. However, I don't think that was the case. Tommy1, what are your views on this???

sheikh mo has been on record numerous times stating that he is very hands on where Godolphin is concerned. he can not have it both ways. when something bad happens, he claims that he had no knowledge of the situation. if Godolphin succeeds(albeit that has been a pipe dream for awhile), he takes full credit. if mo really wanted dopping of his horses to stop, he would have put a stop to it after the fiasco with majed. if i am not mistaken, ahmed has been accused of the same thing a few years before majed. this is an ongoing problem, the mo has been fully aware of, but i feel he has just chosen to look the other way as long as a win is tallied up. curious if the "golden couple", will make a showing at the derby. people in kentucky love their horses, so he might be in for a cool reception. of course people will suck up to mo, but i am sure there will be some negative comments made behind their backs. i would lie low for awhile if i were mo.

people in kentucky love their horses, so he might be in for a cool reception. of course people will suck up to mo, but i am sure there will be some negative comments made behind their backs. i would lie low for awhile if i were mo.

I seriously doubt he'll get a cool reception in Kentucky. In today's day and age, it's hard to find thoroughbred trainers who haven't had at least one drug positive in their careers. In fact, there are trainers who routinely have horses test positive for banned substances. One trainer even tried to cheat this past weekend and was caught. Those same trainers are employed by those people in Kentucky who love their horses. Sure, they could make negative comments, but they might want to take a look in the mirror while they're at it.

The thing is, this isnt the first time as members said and would it be? No. Sheikh Mohammed likes the spotlight and almost every race is his. I do have a feeling he did know and thought that the vets at checkpoints wont bust him but they did. So, instead of them saying it out loud and that would be quite an embaressment to him and his position, he said it. Denial is a;ways the best and blame other for your mistake. I doubt that any of his people would dare to do such a thing behind his back.

I think if his sons gone through it twice and a true investigation has been opened than I think it wouldve stopped from the very first time.

Princess Haya has been for a long time trying to stop publicly been trying to stop doping in horse sport. What do you get? One of your husbands workers are doping, that doesnt give a very good reputation on how strong things are working in stopping doping in the sport :whistling:

I do have a feeling he did know and thought that the vets at checkpoints wont bust him but they did. So, instead of them saying it out loud and that would be quite an embaressment to him and his position, he said it. Denial is a;ways the best and blame other for your mistake. I doubt that any of his people would dare to do such a thing behind his back.

I agree dazzling - but what does this attitude mean in relation to Haya, who publicly fights doping as FEI president? If Mo knew about doping going on he must also have known that there is a chance to get caught, what would bring Haya in very hot waters, especially as she is seen in her position as his "tool" - his money had certainly some impact on Haya getting elected in the first place. Calculated risk? If yes, that's pretty bold.

I can't imagine she knew about it and it's hard to imagine that it all happened behind Mo's back, especially with doping cases in the past. It's very unlike Mo not to erase something that could continue to harm him straight after the first failure.

HE WAS FRAMED BY SOMEBODY WHO WANTS TO DAMAGED Haya"s REPUTATION

on another forum, one of the members posted that haya would take the fall for this.(booted from her position in the FEI). when she was first elected, she gave a speech on doping; and the next week majed was busted at an endurance. it is going to be interesting to see how this plays out. i do not think haya knew about this because she rarely attends endurance functions with mo any longer. however, she is guilty by association. her family brings a lot of baggage which might be too much for her to continue to carry.

Godolphin Racing and Godolphin Stables have, I believe, over 2000 horses and therefore many trainers, jockeys, strappers and stablehands.
For obvious legal reasons members should be careful about apportioning blame for a positive doping.

thanks,

Warren,
Administrator

The Guardian story gave me the impression that Sheikh Mohammed behaved responsibly, informing the relevant authorities of the positive tests and waiving his right to have backup samples tested to see if they come back negative. The fact he accepted legal responsibility and is willing to cooperate with any investigation also sends the right signals.

Dubai ruler investigated by equestrian authorities

...Sheik Mohammed said he was unaware of the doping but accepts full responsibility. The drug use came to light following testing by his staff after endurance races this year in Bahrain and Dubai.

The International Equestrian Federation said Tuesday it is investigating. The federation's president is Princess Haya of Jordan, who is married to Sheik Mohammed.

She has led a campaign for a drug-free sport and will step aside from her official duties when the governing body considers the case. Her husband is one of the world's leading breeders and owners of thoroughbred race horses... - Article

I think Sheikh Mohammad is an honorable man. He is the one the reported the results of the dope tests to the authorities. He also took himself out of the race because his own investigation had not concluded. Princess Haya recused herself because of the appearance of impropiety. I think they are showing good charactor.

Sheikh Mohammed demands answers from FEI over dope case

Sheikh Mohammed has demanded to know why the International Equestrian Federation (FEI) — an organisation headed by his wife, Princess Haya — delayed notifying him of a positive dope test on his horse, Tahhan... - Article

no wonder :ermm:

Hamdan would do anything to look like his father :whistling:

And given the fact that Mo leaded the UAE team to victory the other week despite the allegations on him, i doubt if it has any consequences for them.

But seriously, there is something wrong in those stables. No winning outside of UAE, only scandals. Not only the reputation but also a lot of money is just going down the drain. :ermm:

Dubai royals horse doping issues

Sheikh Hamdan in horse doping inquiry

...Although refusing to comment on the specifics of the two cases under investigation, a spokeswoman for the FEI confirmed: "Our rules state that the person responsible is the rider."... - Article

Equestrian body checks 2nd horse doping case

...The governing body said Friday that Princess Haya of Jordan will step aside from her presidential duties when it considers the case against Sheik Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Maktoum, the son of her husband, Sheik Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum... - Article

Last edited:
The FEI has a zero tolerance policy. Not an aspirin, etc. At the last 2 Olympics several horses were disqualified due to capsaisin, etc in the sold over the counter hoof packing and poultice.

Equestrian federation bans its president's husband, Dubai ruler Sheik Mohammed, for 6 months

The International Equestrian Federation banned its president's husband — Dubai's Sheik Mohammed — from riding in endurance races for six months after his horse twice failed doping tests... - Full Article

Yeah I heard about the ban! I'm dissapointed for him but 6 months doesn't seem too long. I have to give him credit for notifying the FEI about his horse testing positive.. perhaps he really had no clue and it was all the trainer's doing? who was probably under so much pressure that he got desperate?

Isn't sheikh Hamdan under investigation also? I wonder what his outcome will be...

Yeah I heard about the ban! I'm dissapointed for him but 6 months doesn't seem too long. I have to give him credit for notifying the FEI about his horse testing positive.. perhaps he really had no clue and it was all the trainer's doing? who was probably under so much pressure that he got desperate?

Isn't sheikh Hamdan under investigation also? I wonder what his outcome will be...

Yes Hamdan is also being investigated. I think we will know in a few days or in a few weeks. I think he will also get a ban but not sure for how long. My guess is that Sheikh Mohammed didnt get 1year is because he notified them and that is only my guess where I think Sheikh Hamdan didnt. I also think the doping has a ban of 1 year (I dont recall where I read it, maybe it was on the FEI site)

Sheik Mohammed ban shame: Endurance horse's failed dope test leads to six-month penalty | Mail Online

6 months, Mo should be opening the champagne. The media never intended to really pick up on the topic, a huge scandal since he's one of the biggest sponsors of racing at least in the UK and Dubai. Can't even imagine what would happen to the sport if Mo withdrew his money. All in all he got off lightly, others are banned or warned off for a much longer time period.

I think he got off lightly too. No excuses should have been entertained. < ed by Warren >

I think he got off lightly too. No excuses should have been entertained.

Maybe because he notified the FEI about the situation that they felt a shorter ban would be ok.. plus the fact that the trainer admitted that it was him who had given the drug to the horse also took the blame off sh. Mohammed. Overall Mo had been very co-operative and even launched a personal investigation into why he had discovered his horse tested positive and why he was informed so late.

I'm sure Princess Haya is not best pleased about all of this. How unfortunate. :nonono:

Back
Top Bottom