Dubai Ruling Family and Endurance Racing

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fanletizia

Heir Apparent
City
Madrid
Country
Spain
Dubai's Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum (L) and his wife Princess Haya Bint Al-Hussein attend the 120 km (75 miles) International Endurance Race in the desert of Wadi Rum in southern Jordan November 14, 2006. REUTERS/Ali Jarekji
Photo 1
Photo 2

I love seeing Haya in Jordan, she looks so relaxed.

Humera said:
Dubai's Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum (L) and his wife Princess Haya Bint Al-Hussein attend the 120 km (75 miles) International Endurance Race in the desert of Wadi Rum in southern Jordan November 14, 2006. REUTERS/Ali Jarekji
Photo 1
Photo 2
:flowers: :flowers:

thanx for posting the picture , I didn't see prince Ali and his sister princess Haya for a long time , they looks happey in this picture .

Dubai Royals in endurance races

His Highness Sheikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, watched the Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Endurance Cup, which was billed as the most valuable endurance ride in the world, will now go down in history for also attracting the most number of riders for a non-championship ride .

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd314/gulfroyals/13_sp_endurance6_51.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd314/gulfroyals/13_sp_endurance7_51.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd314/gulfroyals/13_sp_endurance5_51.jpg also Royal Friend sent it to the S.Mohammed's Children Picture Thread

Last edited:
i just watched the video on shk mo's website(i dont know how to post, sorry) of him leaving syria and arriving in dubai. i saw hamdan(both hamdans) ahmed, majid even saeed(maktoum was arriving w shk mo) but no rashid. i know the constant speculation of rashid might be annoying to some but i cant help but wonder. is he in trouble of some kind? why does he seem to be out of the loop? maybe he wants to be on his own. any thoughts?

by the way, i think his showing at the presidents cup in abu dhabi was most peculiar. unless his horse freaked out or something i cant imagine rashid falling off a horse. i know accidents happen but he always seems to be in control on a horse......

by the way, i think his showing at the presidents cup in abu dhabi was most peculiar. unless his horse freaked out or something i cant imagine rashid falling off a horse. i know accidents happen but he always seems to be in control on a horse......

To be honest, peculiar is probably an understatement. The first article I read about the President's Cup didn't list him as riding, but he was added later. I also noticed he didn't have the competition vest the other riders had on, which seemed a little weird. Yes, he supported his brothers afterwards, but where was he when Hamdan crossed the finish line? I only saw Majid. That was a huge win for Hamdan, and you would think he would've stayed around to congratulate him. The whole thing left me going hmmm.

i have stated in prior post that i dont think rashid wanted to be cp either. i said"if rashid wanted to be cp it was his to have"

my comment/question had nothing to do with crown prince.

i was simply mentioning that i thought it was odd that rashid fell off his horse(and in my opinion he looks totally different) and wasnt w all of his brothers to greet shk mo and shk maktoum at the airport.

Sheikh Hamdan and Sheikh Majid are riding in the HM The King's Cup Endurance Ride Championship in Bahrain tomorrow.
Bahrain News Agency

Last edited:
Sheikh Mohammed at the Euston Park June 28,2008

His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Sheikh Majed at the Euston Park June 28,2008

His Highness Sheikh Majed Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
His Highness Sheikh Majed Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum on Flickr - Photo Sharing! with his dad

Sheikh Majed at Cirencester June 21,2008

HH Sh Majed bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
HH Sh Majed bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Sheikh Hamdan at Cirencester June 21,2008

HH Sh Humdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Mohammed bin Rashid honoured by British media
Jul 11, 2008 - 10:13 -

Channel 4 head of sports, Andrew Thompson, praised Sheikh Mohammed for the significant role he plays in support of horse racing in various international horse racing championship worldwide with the active participation of his finest horses. This, he said, had contributed immensely in taking the sport to greater heights ...
Article ** Picture

Last edited:
Sheikh Mohammed endurance riding results 2008

Euston Park, Euston, Thetford, Norfolk (home of Lord and Lady Euston) Welcome To Euston Estate

28 June 2008
120km Open
1 - Julius de la Drome - HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum

(HE Sheikh Rashid Dalmook Juma Al Maktoum was 3rd, riding Papaye de Ghazal)

(160km class was won by Sultan Ahmad Sultan bin Sulayem of UAE riding Tazoul El Parry)

13 July 2008
80km class
retired - Kevin de Narthoux - HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum

Sheikh Mo might be doing two more endurance rides this Summer but I will wait for results rather than speculate on where he might be, for security reasons.

Last edited:
Sheikh Mohammed's children: endurance riding

Turkish Delight kindly posted up links of photos of Majed and Hamdan at Euston Park, Norfolk (home of Lord and Lady Euston) and Cirencester Park, Gloucestershire (home of Earl Bathurst). I managed to find some results to go with them :)

Cirencester Park 21 June 2008
FEI 3 star 165km

1 - Spandacrest Kamouflage - HH Sheikh Majid bin Mohammed Al Maktoum
3 - Jazyk - HH Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Maktoum

(also taking part: Sultan bin Suleyman riding Havane de Navas, 2nd)

Euston Park 13 July 2008
80km class

1 - Mitjons - Sheikha Latifa bint Mohammed Al Maktoum
2 - Mansour de Kerpont - Sheikha Futaim bint Mohammed Al Maktoum
7 - Nadra - Sheikha Shaika bint Mohammed Al Maktoum

retired :
Golden Egis - HH Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Maktoum
Kevin de Narthoux - HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum

eliminated:
Jawad de la Saulire - HH Sheikh Ahmed bin Mohammed Al Maktoum
Mereempath des Eymes - Sheikha Maryam bint Mohammed Al Maktoum

(also taking part: Sheikha Maryam Omer Al Qasimi, 4th on Limirez)

He hasnt been racing for a while, interesting to see a come back.

Dubai Royals in endurance races

Hamdan and Majid in UAE endurance team

Shaikh Hamdan Bin Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, and Shaikh Majid Bin Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, are part of the nine-member UAE team of riders nominated for the 2008 World Endurance Championship....

Gulfnews: Hamdan and Majid in UAE endurance team

Sh. Rashid to take part

i read that Hamdan and Majid are taking part at endurance race in Malaysia in Nov 2008. Im confused bc Rashid wasnt mentioned. Hes supposed to be the best rider (hes the only one who won a gold medal at the Olympics). i really hope he will take part bc i think hes the one who likes riding the most.

when you read the article, you will notice that rashid was not even mentioned as a past medalist in endurance riding. it mentioned ahmed and mohammed, but they seem to have forgotten that rashid won the individual GOLD at the asian games!! seems like poor old rashid has been kicked to the curb once again. i was hoping at his recent showing during Ramadan that he might be back in sheikh mo's good graces. you know that sheikh mo controls the press in dubai so i think it might be intentional that rashid's name was not even mentioned

Sh. Rashid to take part

I really hope i will nevertheless take part since it is a bit more then a month when the endurance race will be. Hes a GOLD Medalist- they should pay respect to him. i really hope Sheikh Mo let him participate!:argh:

when you read the article, you will notice that rashid was not even mentioned as a past medalist in endurance riding. it mentioned ahmed and mohammed, but they seem to have forgotten that rashid won the individual GOLD at the asian games!! seems like poor old rashid has been kicked to the curb once again. i was hoping at his recent showing during Ramadan that he might be back in sheikh mo's good graces. you know that sheikh mo controls the press in dubai so i think it might be intentional that rashid's name was not even mentioned

thats so true!!! he is so kicked!! but thats reminds me something that im not sure if a read it here or in another place, but was about Rashid been involved in a lawsuit for a horse bussines. maybe he is been left out for that (you know, a kind of punishment), a physicall reason or maybe something that we still dont know.

its kind of unfair that he is not participating in the endurance. we´ll see what happen

I think that article about Rashid was posted somewhere on here. But I thought that was over a year or two ago. Why would he be punished now? I could be wrong though.

I think that article about Rashid was posted somewhere on here. But I thought that was over a year or two ago. Why would he be punished now? I could be wrong though.
NO, it wasnt a year ago, it was at the beginning of this yeat but made it way into the media this april or sth like that. I think this was the reason for Rashid's long abstinence. Yes, i think he was punished in some way, like being away from official meetings and sth like that. Also, i think Sh. Mo was angry bc it was a huge amount of money (sth like two millions). So, i think this is the reason why he is kept away from horseracing-its sth like a punishment. (i wish Rashid the best=) for his upcoming future in horseracing

I dont hink it is strange he isnt participating in the race but I think it SUCKS that his own accomplishments wer left out of the article. Especially since winning individual gold in Asian Olympics is better than anything Ahmed won!!!!!!! He might not be in race for his own reasons but being intentionally left out of the article screams Sheikh Mohammed!

i am reffering to the article posted by KIngcat yesterday not the one you are talking about from a few months ago :bang:

I posted the article. Rashid was punished for this & severly. It would not have been about the money, (this is chump change to these guys) but about going behind his dad's back & causing a public scandal in the process. It also was patently obvious to anyone that this raised serious questions as to Sheikh Rashid's intelegence, judgement, his grip on reality... I mean ask yourselves, how can someone be so incredibly stupid as to deliberately ignor & refuse to pay someone who has performed valuable services for you AND... request someone specifically not to let on to Mo... when you arrogantly refuse to pay him? How could Rashid possibly expect that this man would not try to recover this debt long owed to him by Rashid for services he'd rendered to him & how could he not have the most basic of common sence to see that he risked not only his dad finding out but also embaressing publicty that would automatically ensue when the man filed a court action (which is always public in all western countries) against Sheikh Rashid, as a last resort to recover his earnings. Rashid bought illrepute upon the Maktoum family name amoungst the Racing community & showed the world that Sheikh Mo bin Rashid's oldest son is none to bright & this is what Mo is pissed about not the money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom