Dubai Ruling Family and Endurance Racing

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sheikh Mohammed (Dubai Ruler) and his son Sheikh Rashed took part in an endurance race today. Sheikh Mohammed won 1st place and Sheikh Rashed won 2nd.

Last edited:
Rashid participated?? so does that mean he is finally back?

Rashid participated?? so does that mean he is finally back?

Who knows, we will just have to wait and see if we will be seeing him more often or not. One cannot say so from such an outing IMO.

The race took place in Italy, it was the European Endurance Championships.

ok we might not know if he really will return but i think it is a good sign that he participated together with his father... maybe they start to get over the old problems they had...

Who knows, we will just have to wait and see if we will be seeing him more often or not. One cannot say so from such an outing IMO.

The race took place in Italy, it was the European Endurance Championships.

dazzling, it wasn't European Championship in endurance, but some other race...
The European Championship 2011 will be held in Florac, France later this year. There were an European Championship that was held in Italy (Assisi) back in 2009 and only Majid from the Al maktoums attended there.

Sheikh Mohammed (Dubai Ruler) and his son Sheikh Rashed took part in an endurance race today. Sheikh Mohammed won 1st place and Sheikh Rashed won 2nd.
i just checked it and it wasnt Rashid bin Mohammed but Rashid bin Dalmouk who was 2nd...so still no trace of Rashid :(

none of sh Mo´s sons participated in this race.
it was the first round of the European Endurance Champoinship and Mohammed won but second was Sh Rashid bin Dalmook and third Saif al Katbi. so it had nothing to do with his sons.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok we might not know if he really will return but i think it is a good sign that he participated together with his father... maybe they start to get over the old problems they had...

I´m glad that finally Rashid is back in endurance:)
maybe they just wanted to let a little bit of time pass by so that the people would forget about what had happened in south africa (or whatever else happened...) and now he is back to regain his good name in horsemanship.
as far as i know he has never had any doping issues and was always doing fine in sports:flowers:
I saw a few new images of him with a very beautiful brown stud and he looked quite healthy and confident:)

Hamdan Bin Mohammed Wins the Giants Endurance Challenge Series Round one

I think this hasn´t been posted before,there is some information about the "Giants Endurance Challenge"from last year,you can see nice pictures with Hamdan,Mohammed and Majid and their horses:) (At the bottom of the article there are small images-click on them and they will be bigger,I especially like the first one with Majid,His Royal Handsomeness ;-)

Dubai Media Office:" Mohammed bin rashid arrives in Doha to attend the Arab Games accompanied by Hamdan bin Mohammed who leads UAE team in the endurance race tomorrow"

Sheikh Hamdan wins first place in the Endurance race at the Doha Arab Games.

Crown Prince of Dubai Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum (R) gets a water shower along with his team mate Yousef el-blooshi in celebartion for winning the Arab Games 120kms endurance ride in Doha, December 17, 2011. Sheikh Hamdan won the gold medal.

daylife.com pictures

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

With Dubai Ruler, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashed

http://imageupper.com/i/?S0300010010011G13241980402375528
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0300010010021G13241980402375528

Has the Sheikh ever not won a race he has entered? Is the woman riding in his group one of his daughters? She is seen in both the video and photos.

Has the Sheikh ever not won a race he has entered? Is the woman riding in his group one of his daughters? She is seen in both the video and photos.

Winning is in his blood :) and no, she isn´t his daughter. She and her husband work for Sheikh Mohammeds Godolphin stable if i know. She is Spanish.

For your statistic: in 2012 Godolphin participated in 720 races worldwide, only 136 they won. Thats a strike rate of 18,88889 %. They win "only" a fifth of all horse races. Current as of today

Last edited:
Very nice! I loved the video! The horses in the video look to be Spanish, the ones performing the tricks. Perhaps they are Lusitanos or Andalusians.

I looked at the video and the grey horses looked like Lipizzaners to me. They are bred at Lipica in Slovenia and used at the Spanish Riding School of Vienna, mostly. My grandmother visited the stud and brought me back lots of stuff :D

Lusitanos are Portuguese not Spanish, sorry. Some years ago now I was lucky enough to get to see a display by a trainer of Lusitanos at the indoor riding school in the Royal Mews at Buckingham Palace. It was wonderful. The guest of honour was the Portuguese ambassador.

The Lipizzaner used in the Spanish Riding School in Vienna are bred in Piber which is in Styria/ Austria! They are bred there since the abolishment of the Monarchy since Lipizza is now Slovenia.

Princess Haya is patronizing the Spanish Riding School in Vienna so it might be they agreed to lend some horses for the Show but to me the horses in the video look rather like white Arabic horses.
Lipizzaners have a special body frame,their head is shaped in a different way and most of them are not completely white (which you will see when you watch them live or close-up),the riders of the SRS also wear a particular uniform which looks different from what they wear in the video.
Another tell-tale sign:Arabic horseowners prefer to feed their horses only as much as needed while European horses tend to have a little bit of "a belly" because they can eat as much as they desire.(It is believed they are fitter and more agile if they are not overeating.)

But I could be wrong,I would be indeed very proud if they had used Viennese-trained horses at the Endurance World Championship ceremony!

Last edited:
:previous:
Congratulations to all the participiants of the race, especially those who have won-among them:
:mountie:

Saqr Mohammed Al Marri won the title of the Private Stables/Individuals race ,next came Saif Mubarak Al Khalil, recording a time of 4,32,19, third place by Mohammed Ayed aboard Pinocchio from Zabeel Endurance Stables-time of 4,32,57.

Hussain Ali Al Fardan won the first leg (Yellow Flags) for 40 kms-time of 1,23,02,second place by Azzam Aref Al Kathiri-time of 1,23,51, Essa Ahmed Al Sheikh 3rd place-time of 1,24,06, Awn Aref Awn in the 4th place at 1,26,14 and Khawla Rashid Ahmed Al Muhairi 5th place at 1,26,47.
& many more!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Horse Country Endurance Cup held in Sardinia, Italy 2013

Team UAE make a clean sweep to clinch Endurance Cup honours in Italy this year. With competitors from the UAE, Italy, Spain, Great Britain and Algeria all vying for the top spot, it was the strength and agility of Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum`s horses that proved winner worthy:

Team UAE make a clean sweep to clinch Endurance Cup honours in Italy - Khaleej Times

Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum and Shaikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum attended Italian Endurance Race at Ancona on the sidelines of UAE-Italian Economic Forum at Marche region in Italy held from 12th-15th June to promote economic and trade cooperation as well as strengthening ties between business community in the two countries.

WAM

Second win in a row for Shaikh Hamdan

Today Shaikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum clinched the title for the second year in a row in Endurance Race at Ancona/Italy. With riders from 13 countries taking part in the event, Emirati riders dominated all four stages of the 120-km race and won the first three places. Sheikh Hamdan finished first with a time of 05:20.53 hours followed by Sheikh Hasher bin Mohammed Thani Al Maktoum (05:20.54 hours).

WAM

Back
Top Bottom