Dubai Ruling Family and Endurance Racing

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
is that event not connected w the FEI? i thought shk mohammed was banned from endurance. :ermm:

is that event not connected w the FEI? i thought shk mohammed was banned from endurance. :ermm:

This is part of the FEI, its on their calender.

Oct 14, 2009 - Lexington KY (USA)
CEI2*, CEI3* 160

Sheikh Mohammed was banned but to my understanding the ban lifts in October.

ohhh i heard that Hamdan was the one competing.. not anymore??:ermm:
Why Majid instead of Hamdan?

ohhh i heard that Hamdan was the one competing.. not anymore??:ermm:
Why Majid instead of Hamdan?

Sheikh Hamdan is banned for 10 months for horse doping.
Sheikh Mohammeds ban ended October 3.

as i understand it the rules of "doping" in US and UAE are more relaxed thn in Europe, but still i guess FEI hold the "standard." anyway good thing for Mo and Majid to be able to race. Wish them and thier team best of luck.

The upcoming race is a lead-up to the 2010 Alltech World Equestrian Games.

Here is an article of an endurance race at the Kentucky Horse Park:

American Chronicle | Cold, Wet Conditions Test Endurance Riders

"... On Wednesday, Sheikh Majid bin Mohammed al Maktoum, who turns 22 on Friday, was the preliminary winner of the 75-mile race, in which 12 of the 38 competitors who started completed the course. Coming in waving his nation's flag just before 4 p.m., he led the United Arab Emirates team, which was expected to capture the team title that will be officially announced Thursday after final vet checks and horse drug tests are complete..."

Dubai Crown Prince attends endurance race
Article

Sheikh Hamdan watched & handed out the prizes to the winners.

Jan 8, 2010 - Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashed, Sheikh Hamdan & Sheikh Majed took part in an endurance race in Bahrain.
Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed & Sheikh Hazza bin Zayed attended the race.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8

Mohammed attends Fatima bint Mansour Endurance Cup ride
Sports

Last edited:
Sheikh Mohammed and his sons Sheikh Hamdan & Sheikh Majid take place in an endurance race in the UK.
Sheikh Mohammed won the race, Sheikh Hamdan came second while Sheikh Majid came third.

Gallery

Sheikh Mohammed and his sons Sheikh Hamdan & Sheikh Majid take place in an endurance race in the UK.
Sheikh Mohammed won the race, Sheikh Hamdan came second while Sheikh Majid came third.

Gallery

i wonder if they plan out the outcome....daddy comes first...CP second...n lil bro third...:lol::lol::lol:

i wonder if they plan out the outcome....daddy comes first...CP second...n lil bro third...:lol::lol::lol:

The outcome isnt the first time, theyve been winning manyof the first 3 places in the past.

Last edited:
Does anyone know in which upcoming endurance races here in Dubai the Maktoums will participate in? Next one is this Saturday.
Thanks.

well you will find at least one" Maktoum" in every race...
they ride qualifiers, races (80,120,160) and sometimes just watch the race

well you will find at least one" Maktoum" in every race...
they ride qualifiers, races (80,120,160) and sometimes just watch the race

Thx. But I was especially thinking of Sheikh Mohammed and his sons Majid and Hamdan.

you will find majid on the 28/29th (its his cup so he should be there)
one of the three on the 15th
but for sure all three on the 12th of feb in abudhabi

Thanks lady blue!
Where is the cup on the 28/28th...I could not find it on the schedule?!
I would prefer seeing them riding an endurance not only being at the place. do you know more about?

its in the endurance village but i dnt think any of them would be riding
but majid should be there to give the sowrd to the winner

Kentucky Derby

I still wish to see it least one:whistling: of them participate in the Kentucky Derby and not just sit and watch it:)

why don't wee see Rashid any more in sportive competitions for example riding??? :ermm: He used to do a lot of sports...

Back
Top Bottom