The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-11-2011, 03:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by anea18 View Post
why don't wee see Rashid any more in sportive competitions for example riding??? He used to do a lot of sports...
I am sure its much easier to c Rashid living it up in Vegas than doing something of importance for Dubai...

Old 01-17-2011, 02:39 PM
Aristocracy

Hamdan falling off his horse towards the end of the video is quite hilarious!! Funny that he got up really quickly too and went to rescue his poor horsey.. LOL
Here's the vid: Video Library Mohammed receives world leaders

Old 01-17-2011, 03:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV_GiRL View Post
Hamdan falling off his horse towards the end of the video is quite hilarious!! Funny that he got up really quickly too and went to rescue his poor horsey.. LOL
Here's the vid: Video Library Mohammed receives world leaders
Gosh, he would have won, that's pretty disppointing!! But he's fine
Old 01-17-2011, 03:41 PM
Aristocracy

http://fazza.ae/vb/t365487.html Pics of the Saturday Race. Enjoy Girls!!!
Old 01-17-2011, 05:05 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV_GiRL View Post
http://fazza.ae/vb/t365487.html Pics of the Saturday Race. Enjoy Girls!!!

Thanks!!! Wonderful!!!
I missed Majid on Saturday, I recognized his car but not him...maybe I was too focused on Hamdan But he should not ride with normal sunglasses!
Old 01-17-2011, 06:56 PM
Commoner

It looked to me like Hamdan's horse was getting increasingly tired, dropping its head. Ultimately, looks like the horse stumbled forward and fell, causing Hamdan to come off. Don't know why that happened, perhaps the horse just wasn't in as good condition as it needed to be. It seems to be the Arab style of riding to let the horse have a lot of rein and drop its head, stretching out in front. You can see that Sh. Mohammed was not particularly impressed by Hamdan's explanation. I'm going to look at that tape again, see if I notice more about the horse's condition.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:09 PM
Commoner

Yes, on a second look, near the end Hamdan's horse shows signs of wearyness, very downhill (really long hind legs on this horse), shakes its head sightly, ears start flopping to the sides, wants to drop down to a trot, but is encouraged to pick back up into a canter. Car horns right next to the track probably also an additional stress at this point. Looks like it is sweating heavily. Water has been poured over it, but it's not enough. Soon, the horse's head just goes out and down further and further until its knees buckle and it just falls forward. Probably would have been best for the horse to stop and be walked. I hope it makes a full recovery.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:19 PM
Courtier

I agree with you. The horse looked very tired & I'm sure that Hamdan and his dad were disappointed but they didn't show it. If i were him I would be very Sad.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:10 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally1234 View Post
I agree with you. The horse looked very tired & I'm sure that Hamdan and his dad were disappointed but they didn't show it. If i were him I would be very Sad.
Sally he shouldn't be sad nor upset because he's always winning the races. I don't think he's THAT selfish though.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:40 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalifornianLady View Post
Yes, on a second look, near the end Hamdan's horse shows signs of wearyness, very downhill (really long hind legs on this horse), shakes its head sightly, ears start flopping to the sides, wants to drop down to a trot, but is encouraged to pick back up into a canter. Car horns right next to the track probably also an additional stress at this point. Looks like it is sweating heavily. Water has been poured over it, but it's not enough. Soon, the horse's head just goes out and down further and further until its knees buckle and it just falls forward. Probably would have been best for the horse to stop and be walked. I hope it makes a full recovery.
the horse did have a full recovery i saw him today... and the reason he looks like he wanted to drop to a trot is that hamdan was changing legs.
and LV-GIRL i dont think its funny at all (its never funny when someone falls) and really he got up to see how his horse is doing why would you think thats funny??
Old 01-17-2011, 08:42 PM
Courtier

That has nothing to do with being selfish, But the feeling that you are near to achieve your goal, plus the car horns are a sign of celebrating his victory cause he was far away from other riders so he was supposed to win then suddenly that unpredictable accident ruined everyhthing. I think it would be a horrible experience to live for anyone not just for him.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:39 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady blue View Post
the horse did have a full recovery i saw him today... and the reason he looks like he wanted to drop to a trot is that hamdan was changing legs.
and LV-GIRL i dont think its funny at all (its never funny when someone falls) and really he got up to see how his horse is doing why would you think thats funny??
@ Lady Blue u don't have to think its funny just b/c I thought it was funny. We are different people entitled to different pov. I thought his fall was hilarious so wat? Although I am glad he's ok!
Old 01-17-2011, 11:27 PM
Commoner

I am glad to hear that the horse is doing well.

Endurance races may look simple but that is only because everyone who enters such races must be able to demonstrate appropriate competence. Anyone who has even gone on a one hour guided trail ride should have some comprehension what it might mean to ride for hours, in heat or cold, over varying terrain, frequently at a canter. It is rough on both rider and horse. But this type of riding may be one of the last vestiges of what life has been like for humanity for much of history, and I applaud the Al Maktoum family for promoting it, participating in it, and protecting it.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:22 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady blue View Post
the horse did have a full recovery i saw him today...
great to hear that! lady blue, do u live in the uae? or in which stable is this horse (naif?)?
endurance races look easier than they really are, yes! and for sure the horns are stress for the horses. we drove with Hamdan's convoy, it is loud and very very dusty and sandy when all the cars driving next to the riders!!!
Old 01-27-2011, 04:26 PM
Commoner

Do any of the Al Maktoum family participate in 3-day eventing or compete in dressage? Will there be competitors from the UAE in the Summer Olympics in London 2012?
Old 04-17-2011, 07:44 PM
Gentry

Don't think so, if they did they would be doing it every summer in UK. The family is into racing thoroughbreds and Arabs and endurance races. Latfifa and is it Ahmed or Rashid have showjumped. Do they do polo ? If they did dressage they would end up in same place as former topless model Katie Price aka Jordan eek.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:11 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fay View Post
Don't think so, if they did they would be doing it every summer in UK. The family is into racing thoroughbreds and Arabs and endurance races. Latfifa and is it Ahmed or Rashid have showjumped. Do they do polo ? If they did dressage they would end up in same place as former topless model Katie Price aka Jordan eek.
No they don't, they just compete in the show jumping. I haven't read that any Al Maktoum has competed in dressage so far.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:12 AM
Gentry

Mooching around the Internet last night I found out that Princess Haya of Jordan told both The Times and Horse and Hound in 2008 that she intends to compete in the showjumping at the 2012 Olympic Games - for Jordan !

Also found that you can get details of scheduled UK endurance races and results from Endurance GB The Competitive Long Distance Horse Riding Society for England and Wales
Old 04-18-2011, 01:20 PM
Aristocracy

Yes I've read that too! And I have to say I'm pretty excited to see her, hope I can watch on TV. From what I know, Haya is a great rider with a lot of experience. No wonder her name means Horse in sanskrit. I think she's gonna do it great and I wish her good luck :)
Old 04-19-2011, 01:15 AM
Gentry

doesn't she live in the UAE...then Y is she competing for Jordan???

Tags
dubai royal, dubai roylas, edurance race, race, sheikh, sheikh hamdan, sheikh mohammed