Death of Sheikh Rashid bin Mohammed: September 19, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ameerali19

City
dubai
Country
United Arab Emirates
Shaikh Mohammed’s son HH ShiekhRashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum dies of heart attack

Shaikh Rashid Bin Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the eldest son of His Highness Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, died of heart attack on Saturday. He was 34.

Dubai Media Office has tweeted that funeral prayers will be held after Maghrib Prayers at Zabeel Mosque in Dubai. Burial will take place at the cemetery in Umm Hurair, Dubai.

The government has declared three days of mourning and flags at half mast.

Last edited:
I am really shocked! 34 is so young!

Isn't it shocking how Rashid bin Mohammed passed away so young and that too of a heart attack? I'm unable to believe. May Allah rest his soul in peace.

Sheikh Rashid bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum dies of heart attack | The National

I am shocked!

Does anyone know what Rashid had been doing these days? There were rumours of drugs/steriod misuse what might explain a heart attack at 33.
He fell out of favour a long time ago, with his younger brother Hamdan becoming CP.
Allegedly Rashid tried to cheat his father in horseracing business, and that was the end of the relationship.

What a horror!:bang::bang::bang:
What a sadness for his parents!
It's definitely too soon to die...
May God have mercy on his soul...:cry::cry::cry:

What a shock!! 34, that's so very young! RIP Sheikh Rashid!

Isn't it shocking how Rashid bin Mohammed passed away so young and that too of a heart attack? I'm unable to believe. May Allah rest his soul in peace.

Dreadful news. Condolences to Sheikh Mohammed & his remaining children. Also to Sheikh Rashids' mother.

May his soul rest in peace. Hamdan and maktoum crying will forever break my heart. Feel for sheikha hind.:cry::cry::sad:

Very shocking news given he was always so active, surprised its not (yet) appearing on more media websites - in the UK I can't find anything about it on the BBC or Telegraph or Guardian websites such the Daily Mail.

Sheikh Rashid bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum dies of heart attack | The National

I am shocked!

Does anyone know what Rashid had been doing these days? There were rumours of drugs/steriod misuse what might explain a heart attack at 33.
He fell out of favour a long time ago, with his younger brother Hamdan becoming CP.
Allegedly Rashid tried to cheat his father in horseracing business, and that was the end of the relationship.

Please have the decency to not slander the dead. We do not need idle speculation. This is a very sad situation. Respect this young man's family.

Oh, this is very sad and shocking news. As others have said, Sheikh Rashid is far too young to die.

Please have the decency to not slander the dead. We do not need idle speculation. This is a very sad situation. Respect this young man's family.
very well put , couldn't agree with you more

The UAE woke up on Saturday morning to the sad news of the demise of Shaikh Rashid bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. He died in the early morning hours aged 33. The body of Shaikh Rashid was shrouded in a UAE flag and was carried by his brothers Shaikh Hamdan bin Mohammed and a tearful Shaikh Maktoum bin Mohammed, who led the procession at Zabeel Mosque. Thousands of Emiratis and expatriates on Saturday evening attended funeral prayers for Shaikh Rashid, who was laid to rest in Umm Hurair cemetery in Al Fahidi, Bur Dubai after a poignant grand procession.

Other siblings, Shaikh Majid bin Mohammed and Shaikh Mansoor bin Mohammed, and other members of Al Maktoum family, were also present.

President Shaikh Khalifa declared three days of mourning across the UAE, with flags at government departments and institutions to fly at half mast.

We belong to Allah and to him we shall return.
May his soul rest in peace.

:uaeflag:

Shaikh Rashid bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
12/11/1981 - 19/9/2015

- life in pictures -

Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum this morning began accepting condolences over the death of his son at Zabeel Palace in Dubai until Monday.

Shaikha Hind Bint Maktoum Al Maktoum will accept condolences from women on the death of her son on Sunday and Monday at Zabeel Palace. The mourning will be after Asr prayers until 9pm.

WAM

Last edited:
May he rest in peace. Shocking and sad news.

Rashid - meaning, rightly guided, went down the wrong path despite such promise. I have been reading about him for many many years because he had this incredible intensity about him. A real kingliness, if you will. As the first official son, he was the favorite heir presumptive and said raised to take after his father. But he went down the wrong path and his father punished him severely by taking away his purpose. He never took is out on Hamdan, but he was broken. He never overcame. Such a promising young man, I wish he did not go down the wrong path.

The UAE woke up on Saturday morning to the sad news of the demise of Shaikh Rashid bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. He died in the early morning hours aged 33. The body of Shaikh Rashid was shrouded in a UAE flag and was carried by his brothers Shaikh Hamdan bin Mohammed and a tearful Shaikh Maktoum bin Mohammed, who led the procession at Zabeel Mosque. Thousands of Emiratis and expatriates on Saturday evening attended funeral prayers for Shaikh Rashid, who was laid to rest in Umm Hurair cemetery in Al Fahidi, Bur Dubai after a poignant grand procession.

Other siblings, Shaikh Majid bin Mohammed and Shaikh Mansoor bin Mohammed, and other members of Al Maktoum family, were also present.

President Shaikh Khalifa declared three days of mourning across the UAE, with flags at government departments and institutions to fly at half mast.

We belong to Allah and to him we shall return.
May his soul rest in peace.

:uaeflag:

Shaikh Rashid bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
12/11/1981 - 19/9/2015

- life in pictures -

Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum this morning began accepting condolences over the death of his son at Zabeel Palace in Dubai until Monday.

Shaikha Hind Bint Maktoum Al Maktoum will accept condolences from women on the death of her son on Sunday and Monday at Zabeel Palace. The mourning will be after Asr prayers until 9pm.

WAM

Thank you for posting the video of his funeral prayers. Indeed I am shocked and saddened by his early demise. May Allah grant him peace and forgiveness. Al-Fatihah.

What terrible and shocking news this is and heartbreaking watching the brothers crying I hope they get through this as well sheikh mo. RIP Rashid.

The National has opened a book of condolences to allow you to share your sympathies over the tragic loss of Shaikh Rashid bin Mohammed. Click here to offer condolences.

Back
Top Bottom