The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-09-2014, 01:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatima.Qureshi View Post
Thank you Imaan for this information. Sheikh Hamdan having a Pakistani GF made me extremely curious as in a woman from my country. I suspected it to be true because the Al-Maktoum men come to my country regularly, Sheikh Mansoor and Sheikh Ahmed, SH. Hamdan's younger brothers were here a few days back and even Sh. Hamdan got license to hunt for the next three years.
They went to Pakistan for hunting....

Shaikh Hamdan bin Mohammed today launches Dubai government initiative 2021, a first of its kind initiative in the world. The launch came during a special session on the sideline of the Government Summit 2014, opened today in Dubai with the participation of over 3500 leaders from both government and private sectors as well as representatives of international organizations from around the globe.

read more: http://wam.ae/servlet/Satellite?c=Wa...=1135099399983

in picture: WAM | Emirates News Agency

Under the patronage of Shaikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum yesterday evening the eighth round of the championship "Fazza liquidity" was held in its 14th season.

WAM | Emirates News Agency

'1971 Initiative' of Shaikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum

The initiative is important, as it seeks to educate the community about the history of the country and encourage individuals to learn how to look for the necessary information.

Shaikh Hamdan Bin Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum attended the second graduation ceremony of Hamdan Bin Mohammad e-university at the Cultural and Scientific Association building in Dubai yesterday and handed the graduating students their diplomas.

270 graduate from e-university | GulfNews.com

Shaikh Hamdan Bin Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum yesterday inspected the studio of the Al Bait TV programme prior to the show’s first episode.

The programme is being produced by the Hamdan Bin Mohammad Heritage centre in cooperation with Dubai Media Incorporated, and is in line with Shaikh Hamdan’s keenness to preserve key elements of Emirati heritage in particular, and Gulf culture in general. The programme centres on Nabati poetry, a key part of Emirati heritage.

Hamdan visits Al Bait TV program studio | GulfNews.com

Shaikh Hamdan Bin Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum won his second CISM World Military Endurance Championship at the Dubai International Endurance City on Thursday.

Shaikh Hamdan wins second consecutive World Military Endurance title | GulfNews.com

http://www.sport360.com/article/eque...ndurance-title

Old 03-06-2014, 05:34 PM
Heir Apparent

What is World Military Endurance Championship? Who among the military personnel qualifies to participate in this competition? Is there a Civilian Endurance Challenge?
It is nice to learn that a Kazakhstani equestrian was among the top 5.

Old 03-06-2014, 06:09 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post

What is World Military Endurance Championship? Who among the military personnel qualifies to participate in this competition? Is there a Civilian Endurance Challenge?
It is nice to learn that a Kazakhstani equestrian was among the top 5.
The event organised by the International Military Sports Council (CISM). It was the second time the race was held.

Old 03-06-2014, 06:12 PM
Aristocracy

How many endurance races are there in a year it seems like he is always racing and always winning which Is good for him and his family
Old 03-06-2014, 06:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Hamzah View Post
How many endurance races are there in a year ....
There are a lot of races during the cooler month in UAE. From January to April 2014 there will be 33 endurance races in UAE. Then will be a summer break, followed by new races which start in October.

May you have a look: http://eef.ae/controlpannel_admin/CO...01426thJan.pdf

Old 03-06-2014, 06:37 PM
Aristocracy

Thank you imanmajed I do not know a lot about endurance racing it's a team sport right do they take part in races out side the UAE
Old 03-06-2014, 06:41 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Thank you imanmajed I do not know a lot about endurance racing it's a team sport right do they take part in races out side the UAE
No, its not a really team sport. But you need to be a team with your horse and also you need a team for all the trappings. The family of Al Maktoum also take part in races outside of UAE, mainly in GB and U.S.

Old 03-06-2014, 06:45 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imanmajed View Post
No, its not a really team sport. But you need a team for all the trappings. The family of Al Maktoum also take part in races outside od UAE, mainly in GB and U.S.
I'm sorry trappings how do u mean in trappings, trap what ?? Please fore give my understanding in this matter
Old 03-06-2014, 06:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I'm sorry trappings how do u mean in trappings, trap what ?? Please fore give my understanding in this matter
trappings = for everything around

Old 03-06-2014, 07:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
trappings = for everything around
O I see you mean blocking other riders ?
Old 03-06-2014, 07:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
O I see you mean blocking other riders ?
You need other people for doing this sport, like veterinarians, stable boys etc., and thats what I meant with trappings.

Endurance rides and races can be any distance, though they are rarely over 160 km for a one-day competition. The ride is divided into sections, with different names (legs, phases, etc.), depending on sanctioning organization. After each phase, horses are stopped for a veterinary inspection, where they are checked for soundness and dehydration, with their pulse and respiration taken. To continue the ride, the horse must pass the examination, including reducing its heart rate below that specified for the event, although terrain and weather may require the ride veterinarians to set a different maximum target. The riders' time keeps running until their horses reach the required target, so it is important that the horses recover as soon as possible. Any horse deemed unfit to continue (due to lameness or excessive fatigue, for example) is eliminated from further competition.

After the veterinary inspection, the horse must be held for an additional time (usually between 20–45 minutes), at which time it is fed and watered. If the veterinary inspection is on the course rather than at base camp, ride management usually delivers to the inspection location a cache of riders' personal gear, food,and water.

Riders are free to choose their pace during the competition, adjusting to the terrain and their mount's condition. Therefore, they must have a great knowledge of pace, knowing when to slow down or speed up during the ride, as well as a great knowledge of their horse's condition and signs of tiring. Riders may also choose to ride, or may dismount and walk or jog with their horse without penalty. However, they must be mounted when they cross the starting and finish lines. The winning horse is the first one to cross the finish line.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:20 PM
Aristocracy

O ok maybe I didn't understand a first omy but I fully understand now you have made it very clear to me I have a better understanding of it now
Old 03-06-2014, 07:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
O ok maybe I didn't understand a first omy but I fully understand now you have made it very clear to me I have a better understanding of it now
You are welcome!

Old 03-06-2014, 07:46 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
You are welcome!
Is there any videos of the race do u know ??
Old 03-06-2014, 07:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Is there any videos of the race do u know ??
Currently there are no videos of last race of Shaikh Hamdan available publicly.

Old 03-06-2014, 08:02 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Currently there are no videos of last race of Shaikh Hamdan available publicly.
I what a shame I'm sure they would have been wonderful videos but thank you for all your information
Old 03-18-2014, 04:25 PM
Serene Highness

Shaikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum inaugurated on Tuesday evening the eighth edition of the "Art Dubai", a five day event at the Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai.

Old 04-16-2014, 01:57 PM
Serene Highness

Yesterday Shaikh Hamdan bin Mohammed took part in a friendly match between a Dubai Government team and the UAE wheelchair basketball team at Nad Al Sheba Sports Complex to highlight ‘My Community - A city for everyone’, an initiative to help people with disabilities. Shaikh Hamdan bin Mohammed has launched this initiative in November last year.

Old 05-14-2014, 03:17 PM
Commoner

Assalam Walaikum,

The group is so silent, No activity, no discussion. Btw, was just very curious to know that is Sheikh Hamdans engagement with her cousin Sheikha Sheikha back on track? I got little hints from Sheikha Shaikha Bint Mohammeds Facebook & Instagram pages. I am very sorry if I am causing trouble for people or may be distraction because I might be wrong but this engagement thing looks suspicious now because there was no official announcement at the time of engagement as well as when it broke off. People assumed it broke off, none of her sisters relayed the news, for example, Sheikh Maryam confirmed engagement on Facebook as well as his fiancees name and mentioned something about couples photo-shoot as well.

Also, how are the relations between the two families after Sheikh Hamdan ended the engagement? Are the relations as normal as they were at the time when Sheikh Hamdan and Sheikha Shaikha were engaged? Are the girls/cousins still friends? According to what I have seen on Instagram and Facebook, it is super normal.

SORRY once again for bringing up the same subject. I posted because I suspect things back to normal i.e, Sheikh Hamdan and Sheikha Shaikha Bint Saeeds engagement thing.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
The group is so silent, No activity, no discussion.
Well, there are no news to discuss at the moment.

Quote:
.....but this engagement thing looks suspicious now because there was no official announcement at the time of engagement as well as when it broke off.
The cancellation of an engagement is usually not officially announced.

Quote:
Also, how are the relations between the two families after Sheikh Hamdan ended the engagement? Are the relations as normal as they were at the time when Sheikh Hamdan and Sheikha Shaikha were engaged? Are the girls/cousins still friends? According to what I have seen on Instagram and Facebook, it is super normal.
Why should it be not normal????

Tags
crown prince, crown prince sheikh hamdan, dubai, dubai crown prince, sheikh, sheikh hamdan, sheikh hamdan bin mohammed