The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-04-2011, 06:33 AM
Heir Apparent

he will have wedding maybe wil be different from another weding in his family , because he crown princes

Old 09-04-2011, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzg View Post
he will have wedding maybe wil be different from another weding in his family , because he crown princes
I don't think any different then the rest of the family or his siblings, they have been quite lavish. I can't think of anything different Hamdan could have except for different singers and entertainers at the women's wedding.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:08 AM

Is he allowed to marry who he likes or is everything arranged for him?? Presumably he has to marry someone of his own culture??
Old 09-04-2011, 11:50 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamara-khan21 View Post
Is he allowed to marry who he likes or is everything arranged for him?? Presumably he has to marry someone of his own culture??
he is allowed to marry who he likes.. he might like some1 from his culture/ or he likes a cosin or maybe he likes some1 out side the circle of UAE at the end of the day he will marry the girl he wants to be with
Old 10-12-2011, 09:43 AM
Administrator

Guys, it's highly unlikely that someone who claims on Twitter (of all places) that they are "secretly" engaged or married to the Crown Prince is for real.

Such posts have been removed.

Warren
UAE moderator
Old 10-12-2011, 12:15 PM
Aristocracy

I highly doubt the girl whose claiming to be "his abducted wife lost in NYC." Why would the wife of a Crown Prince announce her "marriage" to the future ruler of dubai on a public website like TWITTER? IMO that's quite UNPROFESSIONAL and i don't think that would look good for the CP himself. The way i see it, whenever the CP gets engaged or married i am hoping for a formal annoucement on his website and also from the Dubai Media as well.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:38 PM
Commoner

Okay before i ask this im asking for someone else, and dont mean to do anything bad. Anyway, she is upset with the fact that CP hamdan has a girlfriend...She goes on all the time how she and he would make the best couple. Can anyone confirm if he does or doesnt so i cant have some sanity back with my friend. Please and thank you. :(
Old 01-30-2012, 09:40 AM
Gentry

Whatever it is going to happen, it will happen. I mean we cannot predict in which woman he will fall in love. We will just hear about that and be happy about the Prince who has finally found his Desert Rose. One is for sure she will be a precious woman!!!
Old 02-13-2012, 08:34 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanSweetheart View Post
Okay before i ask this im asking for someone else, and dont mean to do anything bad. Anyway, she is upset with the fact that CP hamdan has a girlfriend...She goes on all the time how she and he would make the best couple. Can anyone confirm if he does or doesnt so i cant have some sanity back with my friend. Please and thank you. :(
Only the Crown Prince himself can answer your question .... So you practice with your friend to be patient ......Why is an answer so important for you or for your friend? will you or she marry him?
Old 02-13-2012, 11:32 AM
Gentry

Undoubtedly there are lots of Emirati women who would like to be engaged to him and to be accepted in the Al Maktoum circle. So, why not this girl be curious about him?
Old 02-14-2012, 10:52 AM
Serene Highness

It needs two

Quote:
Originally Posted by maharata View Post
Undoubtedly there are lots of Emirati women who would like to be engaged to him and to be accepted in the Al Maktoum circle. So, why not this girl be curious about him?
These are always two that are interested in each other...
Old 02-20-2012, 06:35 AM
Gentry

Will his wedding be televised like other Royal weddings?

Is there any news on upcoming wedding arrangements?
Old 02-21-2012, 06:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuluPrincess View Post
Will his wedding be televised like other Royal weddings?

Is there any news on upcoming wedding arrangements?
No, a ruler or a Sheikh wedding in UAE is never broadcast on television. You have luck, you get to see that the men are welcome at the wedding in the television news.
Nothing more! Bride and groom celebrate their wedding separately. Pictures of the bride are unthinkable. From the bride you usually do not even learn the name. It is written only Sheikh x has married the daughter of Sheikh y.

HH CP Sheikh Hamdan is not officially engaged at the moment.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:08 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imanmajed View Post
...From the bride you usually do not even learn the name. It is written only Sheikh x has married the daughter of Sheikh y...
On the invitation cards for the ladies you with have the groom & brides mother/fathers name invites you to the wedding of "brides full name & grooms full name" or just the bride & grooms first name.

On the news, they usually don't mention the brides name.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:21 AM
Gentry

Why is this the case?
Old 02-22-2012, 06:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Dazzling, please excuse my ignorance, but accept my willingness to learn about your culture especially royal marriages in your part of the world. Why all the secrecy on the Brides identity? Please enlighten us....
Old 02-22-2012, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Why is this the case?
Case of what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patra View Post
Dazzling, please excuse my ignorance, but accept my willingness to learn about your culture especially royal marriages in your part of the world. Why all the secrecy on the Brides identity? Please enlighten us....
I don't see it as no secrecy, they bride's name is mentioned on the women's invitation, people start learning about who she is from the day of the engagement.

Do you mean on the news? It's because they only show the mens celebration & when they would refer to the bride they would say " the daughter of XXXXX"

There is no secrecy unless I'm missing something
Old 02-22-2012, 12:45 PM
Gentry

lol, it just seems strange. Why not name her and then follow with "daughter of X"? What is the reasoning behind this custom?
Old 02-22-2012, 03:28 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
lol, it just seems strange. Why not name her and then follow with "daughter of X"? What is the reasoning behind this custom?
I know that you found this very strange. But you feel it so because you do not know such an approach. For us this is normal.
As I mentioned earlier, the bride and groom celebrate their wedding separated from each other. The husband is celebrating with the men, the wife celebrating this special day with the invited women. At the latest at the ceremony, the invited female guests will know who is the bride. And the ladies get to see the bride and the ceremony also. The bride is not a mystery, whose name no one will ever know.

The reason behind this is custom, the bride and her reputation to preserve and protect her from "evil eye" and the envy of others. The woman usually experiences in our Emirati tradition in high esteem. It is not the desire of many women to present themselves in public. They represent the interests of the family inside, the man outside. The man is practically the foreign minister and the wife is the Interior Minister.And together the both form a government of their own family. Decisions are taken collectively in the family, but the men share these decisions with the public alone. At least if they are actually meant for the public.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:53 AM
Gentry

Interesting. Thank you, Iman.