The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-10-2005, 04:23 AM

Question Where do the Dutch royals live and work?

Who know in what city living and working dutch royalty?

Old 09-10-2005, 07:56 AM
Aristocracy

Maxima and Alexander live with their daughters in Wassenaar

Laurentien and Constatijn live and work in Brussel . Their daughter Eloise goes to a french-speaking school .

Mabel and Friso live in Londen , their daughter Luana was also born there.

Marilene and Maurits , Annette and Bernard Jr live in Amsterdam

Old 09-10-2005, 11:52 AM
Serene Highness

Princess Margriet and Pieter live in Apeldoorn, a town somwhere in the middle of the Netherlands, I believe.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:08 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Maurits & Marilene are living in Amsterdam. Maurits is working for Phillips and Marilene for Ahold. Bernhard and Annette also live in Amsterdam, Irene lives in Wijk-bij-Duurstede and Christina in NYC.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:31 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie
Princess Margriet and Pieter live in Apeldoorn, a town somwhere in the middle of the Netherlands, I believe.
That's right! Pieter-Christiaan and Anita live as his brothers Maurits and Bernhard in Amsterdam.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:06 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilène
That's right! Pieter-Christiaan and Anita live as his brothers Maurits and Bernhard in Amsterdam.
But what about Floris? Where does he live? That's the only one I don't know!!!
Old 09-12-2005, 09:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
Maurits & Marilene are living in Amsterdam. Maurits is working for Phillips and Marilene for Ahold.
I didn't realize that Marilene still worked? Three kids under the age of 5 and she's still working?! What does she do exactly? I think I read that she worked for a grocery company?
Old 09-12-2005, 12:08 PM
Administrator

for royal Ahold, owner of various supermarket chains. I believe she is involved with marketing. The website of the Royal House says that she works part-time. Maybe Maurits works 4 days a week or Marilene can do some work from home? They seem to 'manage' their family rather well...
Old 09-12-2005, 01:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Aimee works for an automobile company named Pons. Until recently she worked at the dutch bank Fortis. Floris is policy officer with the Public Prosecution Service.

I've heard conflicting accounts about where they live. utrecht or amsterdam? does anyone know?

yeah, Margriet and Pieter live in Apeldoorn. they used to live at Paleis het Loo (in Apeldoorn) but when that became a national museum they moved to a regular house. a very nice one i'm sure, though i've never seen any fotos of it.

Laurentien does freelance consulting in the field of communications. no doubt that's a great way for her to balance career/motherhood/ many royal duties.

Constantijn does some freelance consulting. i'm not quite sure in what area. he also works part time for Rand. he used to work at the extremely prestigious firm Booz Allen & Hamilton in London.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

someone told me she was walking it the gardens of Het Loo when it was open for the public and she came across a woman who was walking her dog and she said "you are not allowed to walk your dog here" and the woman answered "yes, but I live here" (it was margriet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
Aimee works for an automobile company named Pons. Until recently she worked at the dutch bank Fortis. Floris is policy officer with the Public Prosecution Service.

I've heard conflicting accounts about where they live. utrecht or amsterdam? does anyone know?

yeah, Margriet and Pieter live in Apeldoorn. they used to live at Paleis het Loo (in Apeldoorn) but when that became a national museum they moved to a regular house. a very nice one i'm sure, though i've never seen any fotos of it.

Laurentien does freelance consulting in the field of communications. no doubt that's a great way for her to balance career/motherhood/ many royal duties.

Constantijn does some freelance consulting. i'm not quite sure in what area. he also works part time for Rand. he used to work at the extremely prestigious firm Booz Allen & Hamilton in London.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:18 PM
Commoner

Het Loo House

Princess Margriet and Pieter van Vollenhoven live in a villa on the grounds to the Het Loo Palace. There's some info about it in english on the website for the Royal House.
The link: http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/english...?objectid=5713
Old 10-30-2005, 02:06 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the link Maud Alexandra. I had never noticed that there was a section on Het Loo House on the official site.

Here are a few (really old) pictures that I guess were taken when Margriet & Pieter were showing off their new house to the press in the fall of 1975. (I am sure it has been remodelled a time or two since then). I always laugh when people refer to it as a bungalow; perhaps technically that is correct, but I am sure it is not quite your average two bedroom bungalow.

Sources: ANP, unknown

Old 10-30-2005, 05:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgy
perhaps technically that is correct, but I am sure it is not quite your average two bedroom bungalow.
Well, that's the kind of house we call a bungalow over here. Normally they are a bit bigger than a normal home, those bungalows. Thanks for the photos, by the way. It's always good to see some retro pictures of the royals!
Old 10-30-2005, 06:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie
Well, that's the kind of house we call a bungalow over here. Normally they are a bit bigger than a normal home, those bungalows. Thanks for the photos, by the way. It's always good to see some retro pictures of the royals!
Glad you enjoyed the pictures Maxie.:)

In Canada when we say "bungalow", it usually means a rather small, one story house; Het Loo House looks huge. They probably have bathrooms that are the size of my WHOLE apartment. OK, maybe I am exagerating a bit, but it does look like a large house.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:44 PM
Gentry

Why can't the other two sons of Beatrix stay in Netherlands. Did not realize Frisco's daughter was born in London. What about Constatijn? Do the children know how to speak Dutch?
Old 10-31-2005, 07:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgy
In Canada when we say "bungalow", it usually means a rather small, one story house; Het Loo House looks huge. They probably have bathrooms that are the size of my WHOLE apartment. OK, maybe I am exagerating a bit, but it does look like a large house.
Every one story house is called a bungalow over here, I guess. Dutch people are just weird, that's all.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:33 AM
Administrator

But Margriets house/bungalow is huge indeed. When Ivo Niehe interviewd Prof Pieter van Vollenhoven (and Margriet) it was done from their house. I saw many different rooms and they seemed spacious and light.

Now for other members of the RF:
Juliana Guillermo lives in London, Margarita and Jaime of Bourbon-Parma both live in Amsterdam and Maria-Carolina of Bouron-Parma lives in NYC.