The Royal Family of The Netherlands, Current Events Part 4 (May 2013 - present)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Herman Diederik Tjeenk Willink, retired Dutch politician and Vice President of the Council of State from 1997 to 2012 was honoured with the Cross of Honour of the House of Orange at Palace Noordeinde yesterday, December 9.

King Willem-Alexander handed out the Cross of Honour, Queen Máxima and Princess Beatrix were present as well.

** Pic ** anp gallery **

Princess Beatrix and Princess Mabel attend the 1st award ceremony of the Prince Friso Engineers Award. March 18, 2015

PPE Agency ** ANP Foto

Last edited:
Nice that we get to see some pictures. it must be the first time that Princess Beatrix is wearing the stars in her hair, a nice surprise.

A video from the event. Margriet and Pieter left in seperate cars:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM4DnLtCtHc

Last edited by a moderator:
Why this gala is done with closed doors?
I mean without cameras inside?

Why this gala is done with closed doors?
I mean without cameras inside?

Well, it is worse at the British version of this event, we see nothing whatsoever - just a couple of cars and a flash of a tiara.

I really like the orange dress and Máxima looks good in large tiaras.

Ahhh, they sailed past right in front of us, but we didn't see them. Only after they had past.

Yes, they were 15-20 meters away from us at most.
We noticed a big policeboat and pointed it out to our girls. Then another policeboat passed and we pointed it out again. Then someone nearby shouted "Long live the King".
King????? The Royal boat had been in between the two policeboats. Once we knew, we could just make out the Royal banner in the top of the mast.
Bad, bad luck. :-/

Great photos of the DRF. It's lovely to see the interaction between them, they appear to be a close-knit family.
Princess Mabel is still wearing black. :sad:

Yes, they were 15-20 meters away from us at most.
We noticed a big policeboat and pointed it out to our girls. Then another policeboat passed and we pointed it out again. Then someone nearby shouted "Long live the King".
King????? The Royal boat had been in between the two policeboats. Once we knew, we could just make out the Royal banner in the top of the mast.
Bad, bad luck. :-/

Argh, that's bad luck, SLV! Maybe next time you'll be more lucky. :flowers: I know what it's like to miss a royal - I was near Prince George of Cambridge's christening back in 2013, though I had arrived shortly after the Cambridges had entered the chapel. However I did get to see the queen pass by in the car (I actually just saw her hat, and everyone was saying afterwards that it was the queen, so I'll take their words for it lol).

I believe that Paul van Vliet was a friend during the student days of Beatrix. At some point after Claus died, a German magazine even hinted that the two were a couple. Van Vliet once told that when the student days were over, Beatrix assembled all her friends of those days to say goodbye: from that day onwards she wasn't co-student Beatrix for them but HRH CPss of the Netherlands.

Last edited:
According to the calendar, Princess Margriet and Professor Pieter van Vollenhoven were suppose to attend, any information if they did as there are no pictures so far of them.

T.M.The King,Queen and HRH Princess Beatrix attended Erasmusprize ceremony at the Royal Palace in Amsterdam tonight.

PPE

PPE Agency

HM the Queen awared the Prince Bernhard culture prize to the architect Francine Houben in Amsterdam. Houben designed among others the libraries of Birmingham and Washington and the station hall in Delft. She will also work on the New York Public Library.

Máxima overhandigt cultuurprijs aan Francine Houben | NOS

I don't know if and how she is related to the patrician Houben family, which is close to the RF.

Also present was Princess Laurentien.

Last edited:
previous.gif

PPE Agency

Queen Maxima at Prins Bernhard cultuurfonds award ceremony 2015 - Monarchy Press Europe

HM the Queen awared the Prince Bernhard culture prize to the architect Francine Houben in Amsterdam. Houben designed among others the libraries of Birmingham and Washington and the station hall in Delft. She will also work on the New York Public Library.

Máxima overhandigt cultuurprijs aan Francine Houben | NOS

I don't know if and how she is related to the patrician Houben family, which is close to the RF.

Yes, she is from that Houben family, with mayors, governors and priests (a Saint even, Pater Karel Houben) indeed. Prof. Ir. F.J.M (Francine) Houben is one of the Netherlands' most renowned architects. Her brother Dr. Ph.P.F.C. (Philip) Houben was CEO of several multinationals. Their father was one of the founders of Gasunie, a follow-up of the Staatsmijnen (State Mines), he was in the Board of both billion-giants. The apple does not fall far from the social tree....

:whistling:

Do you know how she is related to the other Philip Houben, former mayor of Maastricht? Considering the name simularities I suppose they could be first cousins. And I doubt that there will be two patrician Houben families.

His (the former mayor of Maastricht's) brother Frank Houben was a civil witness for the wedding of the king in 2002, while Princess Christina was a witness at the weding of Frank Houben with a member of the Van Lanschot banking family. Note that Philip Houben's son Jos is a direct neighbor of prince Bernhard and Princess Annette at the Weteringschans here in Amsterdam. He does something with private equity IIRC.

I believe that a sister of Philip and Frank Houben married a Jkhr. Alting von Geusau and is the mother of Michiel Alting von Geusau (friend of WA, his son was a page boy at WA's wedding) and Christiaan Alting von Geusau (witness at the wedding of Philippe and Mathilde). Their sister Caroline married a baron van Voorst tot Voorst, who is the chairman of Kerken in Nood (Aid to the churches in need). I believe they own the quinta Sao Jorge in the Alentejo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom