The Royal Family of The Netherlands, Current Events Part 4 (May 2013 - present)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Royalblog made an overview (in Dutch) of the (known) activities of the Dutch royal family and concludes that they are mostly focused on the three 'Randstad-provinces' - more so, than would be expected based on the number of inhabitants.

In addition, Willem-Alexanders primarily works from 'home' (one of the palaces - 67% of his counted activities) while Máxima is more available for visits within the Netherlands or abroad (30% palace-based activities).

Princess Beatrix is really starting to resemble her late mother more and more!

Today, January 18, King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima hosted the traditional New Year's reception for foreign diplomats and representatives of international organizations in the Netherlands. Princess Beatrix attended as well:

** rex gallery ** anp gallery **

If I'm not mistaken princess Margriet and Pieter van Vollenhoven joined them as well.

Such a lovely surprise to see so many of the Van Vollenhoven family at this birthday celebration (and no surprise it is an Introdans performance) - especially Eliane has a lovely appearance (vibe) [uitstraling in Dutch].

Unfortunately, it seems most of her grandsons were not interested (except for Lucas whose sisters were missing). And I wonder why princess Beatrix was missing, I would have expected her to attend as well.

Last edited:
Such a lovely surprise to see so many of the Van Vollenhoven family at this birthday celebration (and no surprise it is an Introdans performance) - especially Eliane has a lovely appearance (vibe) [uitstraling in Dutch].

Unfortunately, it seems most of her grandsons were not interested (except for Lucas whose sisters were missing). And I wonder why princess Beatrix was missing, I would have expected her to attend as well.

I guess that Princess Beatrix is in Lech, Austria, for her annual ski-trip with Princess Mabel and her daugters.

It must be that. This would be something she would normally enjoy quite a bit.

Princess Irene looks lovely. Nice to see Pss Margarita there. And I am glad that the King and Queen (and Constantijn and Laurentien) attended as well.

The son of Maurits does resemble his paternal grandfather.

I have no idea why Prince Bernhard is wearing sunglasses.

I guess that Princess Beatrix is in Lech, Austria, for her annual ski-trip with Princess Mabel and her daugters.

Strange that it wasn't planned so that she could attend. But it seems also several of Pricness Margriet's grandchildren did not attend.

Lovely to see Princess Irene and her daughter Princess Margarita there,we have not seen much of Irene lately.

This evening, April 13, King Willem-Alexander and Princess Beatrix attened the "One of a Kind" performance, a production of the Holland Dance Festival and Kylián Productions and performed by the Stuttgarter Ballett in Den Haag:

** ppe gallery **

Prince Constantijn, Princess Laurentien and Princess Mabel attended the funeral of Dutch theologian and poet Huub Oosterhuis in Amsterdam today, April 15. In 2002 Oosterhuis had preached during the funeral service of Prince Claus:

Prince Constantijn, Princess Laurentien and Princess Mabel attended the funeral of Dutch theologian and poet Huub Oosterhuis in Amsterdam today, April 15. In 2002 Oosterhuis had preached during the funeral service of Prince Claus:

Huub Oosterhuis also baptized both countess Luana and countess Zaria and was involved in the funeral service of prince Friso (together with Carel van der Linden (born about a month earlier than Huub Oosterhuis in 1933) - they also did the funeral of prince Claus together), so, he clearly was close to both Friso and Mabel.

Last edited:
Yesterday evening, April 21, King Willem-Alexander presided over the reopening of Het Loo Palace in Apeldoorn. Princess Margriet, Prof. Pieter van Vollenhoven, Prince Maurits and Princess Marilene attended as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** rex gallery ** anp gallery **

** ppe gallery ** gtresnews gallery ** robinutrecht.photoshelter gallery **

The architecture of that invisible underground extension looks impressive and huge. It is a fabulous venue for future large royal events ! The magnificently restored 17thC palace with the famous classicist gardens and then, not expecting, going downstairs and see auch a huge and tasteful space under the basse cour ! Amazing.

The exhibition space at the Het Loo Palace looks really wonderful.

Princess Beatrix and Princess Mabel attended the opening of the 76th edition of the Holland Festival in Amsterdam this evening, June 1:

** Pic **

I wondered if it was one of Mabels daughters too. It has been a long time we have seen them (2013?). Nice to see the three women out together.

So cute and friendly

Beautifull girl!!Absolutely!!

Countess Eloise and Prince Pieter-Christiaan have attended the Canal Pride Amsterdam on August 5, but on kind of different sides ;) Eloise attended to celebrate while Pieter-Christiaan ensured safety in his role as reserve colonel of the Royal Netherlands Marechaussee:

** gettyimages gallery **

Back
Top Bottom