The Royal Family of The Netherlands, Current Events Part 4 (May 2013 - present)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In celebration of Princess Margriet's 75th birthday today, January 19, several members of the family, including Princess Beatrix, attended a performance by Introdans in Apeldoorn this evening. Princess Margriet is Patron of Introdans:

** belga gallery **

Here are some extra photos from 75th birthday of Princess Margriet at the Theater Orpheus in Apeldoorn.

PPE Agency

:previous: I was just about to ask the same, I couldn't see them in the photos. It's odd that they didn't attend, perhaps they had something urgent to do instead or something else.

Anyway, it's still nice to see the extended family all together to celebrate Margriet's birthday. Nice to see how grown up all the children are.

Fun how they are mixing the pairs up: Maurits and Laurentien; and Pieter-Christiaan and Marilene.

Plus lots of famous famous including Rafael Nadal and Leonardo DiCaprio at the event.I wonder if they met with the Dutch royals?

Not a surprise that princess Beatrix is there, as she is very fond of modern dance.

The audience was held in the Indische Zaal (Hall of the Indies) of the palace. We don't get to see this room very often, so it is a treat to see these photos.
The interior was a gift from 'the people of the Dutch East Indies' to the newlywedded Queen Wilhelmina and DUke Hendrik of Mecklenburg in 1901.

https://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/foto-...archief/de-indische-zaal-in-paleis-noordeinde

Princess Beatrix and Princess Mabel were present at the fourth Prince Friso Engineering Award ceremony at the Faculty of Science and Engineering of the University of Groningen today, March 21. Princess Mabel's mother Florence Malde Gijsberdina Kooman was present as well:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** rtvnoord.nl video **

** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 ** Pic 10 ** ppe gallery **

Last edited:

King Willem-Alexander, Queen Máxima and Princess Margriet received the Dutch medal winners of the Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games 2018 at Palace Noordeinde this afternoon, March 23:

** belga gallery ** ppe gallery **

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder why Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien don't attend those diplomatic corps receptions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder why Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien don't attend those diplomatic corps receptions.

In four years time the Princess of Orange will reach the age of consent. I think the King has calculated he can use Princess Beatrix and Princess Margriet for so long, as his brother pursues an own career independently from the Royal House. At the moment he is in Hannover, at a huge Fair (Hannover Messe) to showcase the newest technologies by Dutch industries.

Last edited:
Love the smile of princess Beatrix; a proud mother.

And a sculptor as well. Indeed nice that she was there with her son.

In presence of Princess Beatrix King Willem-Alexander has unveiled a bust of himself at his office today, April 25. The bust was made by sculptor Tony van der Vorst on the occasion of the King's five-year-long reign.

** Pic ** koninklijkhuis.nl: Koning onthult borstbeeld **

It is not really the King's office, that is at Noordeinde Palace. It is the Kabinet van de Koning, the official secretariate let us say, where all original Acts, Decrees, Treaties, correspondence etc. is handled. It is in a beautiful mansion with impressive interiors (pic), close to the Binnenhof.

One of the people that received the award is prince Emmanuel de Merode, 2nd son of the head of the Belgian princely family. His mother is a princess de Ligne, of the branch de La Trémoïlle. He received it for his work in the Virunga National Park in Congo. It seems he was not able to come to Middelburg as he is missing from the photographs.

His Majesty the King and Her Majesty the Queen and HRH Princess Mabel attend the Red Ribbon concert at AFAS LIVE,Amsterdam tonight in the frame of the upcoming AIDS2018 Conference this summer in Amsterdam.Over 20.000 international top scientists,doctors,people with HIV and activists will gather here.

Back
Top Bottom