The Royal Family of The Netherlands, Current Events Part 4 (May 2013 - present)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
Nl-arms.gif

The Coat of Arms of the Kingdom of The Netherlands

The Royal Family of The Netherlands' Current Events.

The previous thread for The Royal Family of the Netherland's Current Events can be found
[URL="http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f17/the-royal-family-of-the-netherlands-current-events-part-3-a-12545.html"]here[/URL]

Please post current news and pictures the Dutch royal family in this thread.

While doing so, please remember to follow the TRF posting guidelines and the copyright rules TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines .

Princess Beatrix, Princess Laurentien and Prince Constantijn attended a concert of the International Mahler Orchestra at the Portuguese Synagogue in Amsterdam yesterday, August 25. The event was held by the European Cultural Foundation (ECF) and it was part of the 16th edition of the Grachtenfestival.

** ppe gallery **

Princess Beatrix, Princess Laurentien and Prince Constantijn attended a concert of the International Mahler Orchestra at the Portuguese Synagogue in Amsterdam yesterday, August 25. The event was held by the European Cultural Foundation (ECF) and it was part of the 16th edition of the Grachtenfestival.

** ppe gallery **

Beautifull setting and un-announced,wonderfull!

I have read it in the newspaper a few days ago that they were planning to go. But they labelled it as a private visit and the royals did not attend the reception afterwards as was the original plan due to the recent death of prince Friso.

And today, March 19, King Willem-Alexander, Princess Margriet and Pieter van Vollenhoven received the ParaLympic team of Sotsji 2014 at Palace Noordeinde in Den Haag:

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery **

Last edited by a moderator:
Beatrix having trouble to let go...?! ;-)

More a case of you having trouble with your knowledge on protocol and courtesy Wartemberg.

It was the dinner for the Inauguration Committee.Ofcourse such an occasion
includes the former Monarch as she was instrumental in the Inauguration.She Abdicated you see so ofcourse she was invited.

Last edited:
More a case of you having trouble with your knowledge on protocol and courtesy Wartemberg.

It was the dinner for the Inauguration Committee.Ofcourse such an occasion
includes the former Monarch as she was instrumental in the Inauguration.She Abdicated you see so ofcourse she was invited.

My knowledge about protocol and courtesy is fine, thank you... No reason for you becoming arrogant!
I just didn´t realise these people were from the Inauguration committee.

King Willem-Alexander, Queen Máxima, Princess Beatrix, Princess Laurentien and Prince Pieter-Christiaan attended the Koningsdagconcert (Kingsdayconcert) at the Philharmonie in Haarlem today, April 8. The concert will be broadcasted on Kingsday, April 26.

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery **

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpeG0lSS2gI

Last edited:
Another change: usually this concert was at Noordeinde Palace, a few days before Queen's Day ánd more high brow. I am not sure if I like the change but I am sure that many people will.

The annual reception for the corps diplomatique at the palace in AMsterdam started.

Queen Maxima wears most of the Mellerio Ruby parure and the exploded tomato dress that she has worn at king Carl Gustavs birthday in 2006:

PPE Agency

It looks better this time around.

At the time many referred to a tomato, but it looks much better this time around IMO.

Anyway... the biggest stir was caused by Princess Beatrix & her hair: it moved.

An image was immidiately shown in the largest boulevard programme we have and in several newspapers: the message was that the former queen can finally relax a bit.

Last edited:

King Willem-Alexander, Queen Máxima, Princess Beatrix, Princess Margriet and Prof. Pieter van Vollenhoven together with Prime Minister Mark Rutte attended the Four Freedom Awards ceremony in Middelburg today, May 24.

The US Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt Institute awarded the prize to the International Comite of the Red Cross ( ICRC) and the IFRC.
Other award winners are Maryam Durani and Prince El Hassan bin Talal of Jordan and Hawa Abdi Diblaawe and Malala Yousafzai.

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery ** gettyimages **

** dpp: Dutch royals attend award ceremony Four Freedoms Award **

Last edited:
Malala looks so small! But she has had such an impact on the world!

Last edited:
July 15, 2014 - Prince Jaime de Bourbon is sworn in as Dutch ambassador to the Holy See in Vatican City by King Willem-Alexander.

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Although Prince Jaime is not a member of the Royal House, isn't it unusual for a member of the extended royal family to be appointed for a public office ? I thought Dutch ambassadors to foreign countries were generally career diplomats.

Although Prince Jaime is not a member of the Royal House, isn't it unusual for a member of the extended royal family to be appointed for a public office ? I thought Dutch ambassadors to foreign countries were generally career diplomats.

HRH Prince Jaime de Bourbon Parma IS a career diplomat employed by the Dutch Foreign Office,ofcourse.

Back
Top Bottom