The Juliana Year, Queen Juliana Commemorated: 1909-2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
In 2009 it will be the 100th birthday of the late Queen Juliana. Several things are planned to commemorate this. We can discuss those in this thread.

Apeldoorn will have its own 'Juliana-year', which will start already on 10 October with za lecture by Prof. Cees Fasseur (Univ. of Leyden). He will talk about Juliana and Bernhard in the war years. Other events are also planned.

Article in Dutch here.

What a great idea.
I would assume that the ocassion will warrent a few royal appearances, given that it seems to be being marked publicly...

Palace Soestdijk will have an exhibition on Queen Juliana from 6 Januari to 31 March; with pictures of HM in and around the palace.

Articles in Dutch here and here.

Last edited:
More information from Het Reformatorisch Dagblad, for those who can read Dutch, look here.

Apparently Palace het Loo will have a special defile in May 2009 (on a sunday), a bycicle tour, a walk through the gardens (also of Castle Het Oude Loo) and a ballon gala.

What great news! I always admired Queen Juliana and I hope to see her celebrated this very year. Good for her memory! :fireworks::fireworks:

Vanesa.

I cannot believe it is five years since she passed away. I remember hearing it on the news and biked straight up to the supermarket to buy some purple and white tulips in honour of her! Juliana was a lovely, regal woman.

Sad anniversary, indeed. She was an excellent Queen, and I think that Netherland people would miss her a great deal. :cry:

Vanesa.

There is a special website online with 50 clips of Queen Juliana, you can select & vote for your favourite: /Geschiedenis Nieuws: 100 jaar Juliana in 50 filmfragmenten#

Funny to see how frank the queen was,' what did you expect, that I was a monster, that I will eat you or are you afraid of my dog?' , when a reporter says that she was nervous before meeting the Queen.

I selected this clip ' So convantional, BAH! I don't like conventions, I don't like conventional, I don't like protocol, that is my natural enemy'.

Last edited:
Who would have imagined 100 years ago when Juliana was born what a wonderful Princess and Queen she was to become.

A virtual exhibition on Queen Juliana was launched today at the RH website:

Het Koninklijk Huis

The exhibition will be on-line till august 30th.:)

The Royal Family attending the exhibition on Queen Juliana,Het Loo Palace,Apeldoorn today.:flowers:

ANP Beeldbank

courtesy royalimages

The Royal Family attending the exhibition on Queen Juliana,Het Loo Palace,Apeldoorn today.:flowers:

ANP Beeldbank

courtesy royalimages
Lucien do you know if most of the Royal Family members are attending th exhibit today?

I am pleased to see that Princess Mabel was in attendance, even though her husband was not able to make it. Where was Princess Aimee?

i didn't see a picture of princess Margriet either.

Princess Aimée should be in a very advanced stage of her pregnancy by now, so that is probably the reason she didn't attend.

Princess Aimée should be in a very advanced stage of her pregnancy by now, so that is probably the reason she didn't attend.

Princess Margriet came later.
Princess Aimée was absent. She is due in July, so give her a break.

I would have been surprised to see Princess Aimee there today.

I don't think anybody was giving Aimée a particulary hard time, we were just noticing that she was absent and wondered why.

A pity that there are no photos of princess Margriet around, but nice that she was able to attend after all!

Máxima is wearing the same dress she wore in ExpoZaragoza 2008, I don't like it too much

Here's the pic of june/2008

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa78/ahtikavalentine/maxima-2a-1.jpg

(hola)

and here

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jun2008/PPE08062575.jpg

(ppe-agency)

Did they say already if is a boy or a girl?? :flowers::flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom