State Visit from Sweden to The Netherlands: April 21-23, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone who has the speech of the King (in English) from the state banquet?

Swedish queen Silvia visits with Dutch princess Maxima the flower exhibition Keukenhof in Lisse, Wednesday 22 April. Swedish king Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia pay a state visit to The Netherlands from Tuesday 21 until Thursday 23 April.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Prince Willem Alexander gave his wife Princess Maxima some flowers during a visit at the University in Leiden, Netherlands, Wednesday April 22, 2009. :wub:
ANP Beeldbank

Prince Willem Alexander and Princess Maxima of The Netherlands together with King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden during a visit at the University in Leiden, Netherlands, Wednesday April 22, 2009. King Carl XVI Gustaf and his wife Queen Silvia are in the Netherlands for a three-day official state visit.
ANP Beeldbank

Troonopvolgers!: Willem-Alexander en Máxima in Den Haag.
Maxima looks very happy, as usual!:flowers:

The flower park is just extraordinary!!! I have never been to the Netherlands. What a great thing to do with the visiting Queen. Maxima looks incredible!!

I agree. It was fortunate that the visit coincided with the park in full bloom.:flowers:

it's great to see maxima accompaining queen silvia during the visit. i think she (maxima) looked great again, i loved the headpiece, although it seems to be a little misplaced, hence why it didn't look as nice as it would have. it would have shown in all its splendour with a hair updo.

What a wonderful visit so far.
Can't wait to see the events for the rest of the week.
Beautiful outfits on both sides.
Thank you everyone for the links and pictures.
x

Tonight's Gala:

http://www.royalimages.nl/search.pp?productionjobid=31050&flush=1

courtesy royalimages

HRH Princess Margriet is in attendance,a good sign,Bernhard is doing OK then.
She is wearing her late mothers aquamarine diademe.

I will have to wait and see a frontal pic to get my head around this tiara and choker,
they must have stopped by from a holiday in the vaults.

Last edited:
Does anyone recognize Máxima's Tiara?
I have no idea which one it could be. ;)

Queen Silvia looks amazing :flowers:
Wow, how much blue there is at this gala!
Between all those "blue ladies", Maxima looks fantastic in fucsia :)

I believe Maxima is wearing the dress from WA 40th birthday party, Sept 2007.

I have been racking my brain also!!!:eek:

From the contour I would say the Peacock tiara,that long missed,as in not seen,gem of a tiara.It was handed over to Princess Irene by the late Queen Wilhelmina,and hasn't been seen for nearly 40 years.That was before all items related to our Royal Family were put into Foundations so they would not be dispersed but at the disposal of the Monarch and those members of Royal Family to uphold the position of the Monarch
I am almost sure it is the one come to think of it:

Look:

Ruby Peacock Parure

courtesy dear John's marvellous site.:)

Last edited:
Lucien, great eye!! I just assumed this wasn't used anymore and had completely forgotten about it!!

All thought it was lost over the years as pieces of the parure were seen now and then but never the entire parure.
Thought all was broken up or sold even.

Now it appears intact,and to see it again is almost historical,certainly is Dutch Royal jewelwise.The younger
generation of Royalty affectionado's have never seen it worn in their day,so in a way it is historical,yes.

I'm very pleased,thrilled really,to see it back again after nearly 4 decades.
:)

It was always believed that the tiara was sold by princess Irene. There was a possibility that the mirroring necklace wasn't. It could be that this is the necklace mounted as a tiara. But we must wait for better pictures. The tiara contained diamonds at the top and the necklace little rubies.

Those flowers are the most beautiful flowers I have ever seen! I'm going to the Netherlands in a few weeks, and I hope that the blooms last!

I loved the photos of Queen Silvia and CP Maxima in the garden. They both looked radiant and happy.

It was always believed that the tiara was sold by princess Irene. There was a possibility that the mirroring necklace wasn't. It could be that this is the necklace mounted as a tiara. But we must wait for better pictures. The tiara contained diamonds at the top and the necklace little rubies.

The necklace she is wearing this evening is from the Mellerio Ruby parure,
The tiara is the most wonderfull ruby peacock.
:)

Last edited:
Those flowers are the most beautiful flowers I have ever seen! I'm going to the Netherlands in a few weeks, and I hope that the blooms last!

I loved the photos of Queen Silvia and CP Maxima in the garden. They both looked radiant and happy.

In case you like to visit the Keukenhof too,you better hurry as it closes on may 27th I believe.
In case you miss out,visit the flower market in Amsterdam instead,you will love it.
:flowers:

What a surprise!!!!!!!!!!!! I had given up hopes on seeing the tiara ever again! And it looks prettier & larger than I expected too. What a treat!

-
Princess Margriet wore this outfit at a recent Prinsjesdag I believe, good to see her.

Last edited:
Thank you, Lucien for the information! I really appreciate it. I've never been to the Netherlands before.

Wow! CP Maxima looks very beautiful. Her tiara, jewels and hair are flawless.

Back
Top Bottom