State Visit from Sweden to The Netherlands: April 21-23, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you everybody for the pics! The ladies look great, especially Maxima :flowers: Her hairdo and tiara are fantastic.

princess Maxima looks amazing today a nice dress with fabulouse jewel and a very classy heare !
Both queen Selvia and Beatrix choosing ones of the most historic and valuable parures for this special gala dinner !
happy to see the royals in such events :)

They are very adoreble the dress of the lady's are very nice a pitty princess Margriet is not there!!

maxima looks splendid. the new dress is fantastic as it is with the asymmetric shape and plain white colour to match the lovely pearls. i'm already looking forward to tomorrow's gala.

Thank you everybody for the pics! The ladies look great, especially Maxima :flowers: Her hairdo and tiara are fantastic.

I have to agree. Maxima looks wonderful this evening.:)

The table-settings at the banquet are absolutely beautiful! It looked like a dreamy evening.

maxima looks splendid. the new dress is fantastic as it is with the asymmetric shape and plain white colour to match the lovely pearls. i'm already looking forward to tomorrow's gala.
Yes, Maxima has such a flair, she really knows how to pull it off...:rolleyes:

Gallery from PPE

PPE Agency

Overnight many pics have been added to this link,there are now 43 pics of the Banquet all in all.Beautifull.:flowers:

I saw barber exclaiming Princess Margriet wasn´t there.But the Princess and Pieter did attend the private luncheon
at Noordeinde Palace after the arrival yesterday.In the evening the Princess was with her son Bernhard at the AMC
as he underwent surgery yesterday.

Last edited:
Princess Maxima is wearing the Swedinsh Order, right?
King Carl Gustav is not wearing a Netherlands order?, it seems to me that they all are wearing Swedish orders.

The king and queen of Sweden are both wearing the grand cross in the order of Orange-Nassau. Only due to something the orange seems to have faded into yellow.

Oh Thanks Marengo. As all orders are blue, I thought that all were Swedish Orders. My mistake.

yes, i thought so too, but then rechecked it and the yellow stripe in the swedish order seems thicker. i think maxima is still wearing the dutch order. it's a shame, i thought for once that she had been given the swedish order. i thought it was common practice to offer orders in such visits. not long ago, mette marit was given a spanish order with ocassion of a big norwegian-spanish meeting.

Is Queen Beatrix wearing the collar/necklace of the Seraphine Order ??

Last edited:
" Majesty,

It is with great joy that I welcome you and Queen Silvia here tonight.
This is not your first visit to this country,we already have met many times before both here and (in Sweden-).

It is a pleasure all the more to welcome you again today on this State Visit.

I would like to take the opportunity to congratulate You both,as well as my Godchild,Princess Victoria,with her
engagement and I wish her a very happy future.

What goes for our families,also goes for our countries.We are no strangers to eachother.Quite contrary.Swedes
and Dutch meet one another in many gremia,think the same on many issues and work in good and pleasant cooperation in many fields."

To be honest...it's a bit of a long speech really,at least for now,if you don't mind...:ermm:

Thanks for your work Lucien, :flowers:
Now the Speech is aviable in English
The Dutch Royal House

After a lecture , a Belgian Colonel said that King Baudouin was wearing the day of his wedding the Charles III Order of Spain. He confirmed that never Baudouin or Albert II were the collar of the first Order of Belgium :the Leopold's Order.

Visit to Mauritshuis in The Hague. The Royals had a lunch at the Trevezaal
PPE Agency

Queen Silvia at the Keukenhof,the annual national flower show,with Princess Maxima.

PPE Agency

courtesy ppe

Last edited:
ANP Beeldbank

courtesy royalimages.

HM The King met with the President,and members,of the International Court of Justice,The Hague this morning.
The current President of the ICJ is the father of HIH Crown Princess Masako of Japan,His Excellency mr.Hisashi Owada:
ANP Beeldbank

courtesy Frank van Beek.:flowers:

Last edited:
This afternoon TM visit the University of Leiden,once founded by Prince Willem the Silent on february 8th 1575,
and a wellknown place of study,headaches and a-sweating for many of our Royals...:rolleyes:..Among them Queen Beatrix,
she studied Law here and Alexander who studied History,Constantijn who studied Civil Law,Princess Margriet and Pieter van Vollenhoven
who met eachother in the University life here btw.And the then Princess Juliana who had two blissfull years from her golden cage here in the 1920's.

The sons of King Willem III studied here too.

PPE Agency

courtesy ppe:flowers:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom