State Visit from Sweden to The Netherlands: April 21-23, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The NOS will broadcast a report of the visit on Friday, from 18.50 to 19.20 at nederland 2. That is apart from the regular reports in the news.

NOS Staatsbezoek Zweden - Aflevering - Gids - Nederland 2

-
Another article in de Telegraaf, highlighting that king Carl Gustav intends to reign until he dies: Gustaf, koning tot de dood - Buitenland - Telegraaf.nl [24 uur actueel, ook mobiel] [buitenland].

In the press the state visit has been used to highlight the differences between the Swedish and Dutch monarchy.

-
And the ministery of Defence has a message saying that the honorairy gurds of the Navy will be present at the welcoming ceremony at Noordeinde Palace: Erewacht bij staatsbezoek koning en koningin van Zweden | Ministerie van Defensie

--
Press release from the Swedish embassy:

Read more here.

------------------------------------

I suppose that princess Maxima will receive a Swedish order during this visit.

Most likely she will get the Order of the Polar Star, the same Princess Mathilde, Crown Princess Mary and Crown Princess Mette-Marit have.

What is the Order of the Polar Star? and why do they give it?? I am still just learning about royalty and the traditions! Sorry if this is a silly question!

I can't wait on these visit !! it's a pitty that Victoria not with them is !!

:previous: That picture was from the state visit to Denmark, wasn't it?

More details of the State Visit have been released today:

Tuesday april 21st

HM Queen Beatrix will welcome TM King Carl XVI Gustav and Queen Silvia at Noordeinde Palace,The Hague in the morning.

In the afternoon TM will lay a wreath at the National Monument on Dam Square,Amsterdam

HM The King will attend part of a seminar on ;"Work for all:Challenges and Solutions in times of Crisis"

HM The Queen Silvia will open an exhibition on Swedish Childrensbook Illustrations

TM will visit a work experience project in....Kudelstaart

State Banquet hosted by Her Majesty Queen Beatrix at Noordeinde Palace.

Wednesday april 22nd

HM The King will receive the members of a trade delegation from Sweden.

HM will meet the Presidents of the International Court of Justice ( which happens to be CP Masako's father at present..),
the International Court of Law,the vice/president of the yugoslav tribunal and the secretary/general of the International
Court of Arbitrage,Peace Palace,The Hague.

HM The King will participate in a round-table meeting on `Competitive advantage through environmental technologies` at Shell HQ,The Hague.

HM will meet the Chairs of the Senate and the Second Chamber at the Inner Court,after which HM will have talks with the dutch PM.

Luncheon hosted by the Government in honour of Their Majesties.

Queen Silvia will visit the lovely Keukenhof in the morning,followed by a visit to the Mauritshuis.

In the afternoon TM will visit the University of Leyden where The King will attend a seminar,and The Queen will take part in a discussion meeting on childs rights.

TM will host a concert and dinner

Thursday april 23rd

Her Majesty Queen Beatrix will accompany TM to the province of Groningen,where they will visit the Groningen Seaports company at Delfzijl
where the Royals will be informed on the importance of Scandinavia in this region.

Visit to BIO MCN,a new company in the field of production-research of bio-methanol.

The State Visit will be concluded with a visit the University of Groningen.

Het Koninklijk Huis

The agenda,just to refresh:
Agenda Royalblog.nl: Programma staatsbezoek uit Zweden

courtesy hja:)

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoektyp=2&search=21-04-2009%20Sweden

courtesy ppe

Last edited:
Queen Silvia and queen Beatrix look absolutely fantastic!:flowers:
Even their outfits look good together... The King also look good, of course ;)

The Queen's are looking quite pink and pearly. They look so lovely, and like dear old friends. I would like to go to the ball tonight as my agenda is looking rather skim!!!!!HEHE

Queen Silvia visited the public library and attended the opening of the expostition of Swedish children books

PPE Agency

Queen Silvia visited the public library and attended the opening of the expostition of Swedish children books

PPE Agency

TM at the wreath laying ceremony at the National Monument,Amsterdam,this afternoon.:)

Wonderful Photos wish Crown Princess Victoria and Her Fiance couldve attened

It's been ages since HM last wore the Mellerio ruby parure,and it has been two years since she last wore that red robe,
at Alexander's 40th birthday party at Het Loo Palace.Maxima is gorgious with the pearl drop tiara,the base of which was
part of her wedding diademe,it had the stars instead of the pearls.

Good to see all again.:)

Last edited:
It's been ages since HM last wore the Mellerio ruby parure,and it has been two years since she last wore that red robe,
at Alexander's 40th birthday party at Het Loo Palace.Maxima is gorgious with the pearl drop tiara,the base of which was
part of her wedding diademe,it had the stars instead of the pearls.

Good to see all again.:)

I think Beatrixc wore the ruby tiara the last time on a State Visit to Russia (with a horrible gown). It's nice that she wears it again but the half of it is invisible because it's sunken up in her hair.
Acutally it's not be base of the pavlovnik pearl spike tiara which was part of Maxima's Wedding tiara. This was the base of the pearl button tiara. Too bad Margriet didn't attend. Does anone know why she wasn't there.

No idea why princess Margriet and princess Laurentien (who is staying at Huis ten Bosch) weren't there. The Dutch RF seems to want to do these things with a minimum of people.
I do wish they would find another background than the drawn curtains for these pictures.

I think Beatrixc wore the ruby tiara the last time on a State Visit to Russia (with a horrible gown). It's nice that she wears it again but the half of it is invisible because it's sunken up in her hair.
Acutally it's not be base of the pavlovnik pearl spike tiara which was part of Maxima's Wedding tiara. This was the base of the pearl button tiara. Too bad Margriet didn't attend. Does anone know why she wasn't there.
Ach yes ofcourse Stefan,you are right.This base was first worn by Maxima at Haakon and Mette-Marits wedding.

I believe Princess Margriet is staying at the hospital with her son Bernhard who underwent surgery on his intestines again today.
The Princess and Pieter did attend the private luncheon at Noordeinde Palace,as did Maxima and Alexander.

Antique Pearl Tiara

courtesy John's incredible site.:)

Last edited:
:DJewels!!!! Yeah!!! The ladies are looking so lovely! I hope to see some better pics of Maxima's dress.!! Queen Bea wore the rubies, how exciting...and Maxima always shines in pearls!!:flowers:

Tomorrow evening,as TM host a dinner and concert it will be Gala again.
So,more tiara's tomorrow for those who haven't seen it all yet.

Roger,a poster at the GREMB and Swedish journalist who covers this State Visit,
said the Gala was confirmed.

It will take place at "De Witte Societeit",The Hague.
A beautifull venue as you will see tomorrow,and one with a long Royal connection as well.

:flowers:

Last edited:
Speech by HM Queen Beatrix tonight,in dutch,sorry...:

Het Koninklijk Huis

" Majesty,

It is with great joy that I welcome you and Queen Silvia here tonight.
This is not your first visit to this country,we already have met many times before both here and (in Sweden-).

It is a pleasure all the more to welcome you again today on this State Visit.

I would like to take the opportunity to congratulate You both,as well as my Godchild,Princess Victoria,with her
engagement and I wish her a very happy future.

What goes for our families,also goes for our countries.We are no strangers to eachother.Quite contrary.Swedes
and Dutch meet one another in many gremia,think the same on many issues and work in good and pleasant cooperation in many fields."

To be honest...it's a bit of a long speech really,at least for now,if you don't mind...:ermm:

Back
Top Bottom