State Visit from Russia to The Netherlands: November 1-2, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SAD! Poor Princess Maxima - I think she's thin! The outfit wouldn't have been flattering on anyone who wasn't a stick-thin model I bet.

ALSO - Someone mentioned on another thread that Queen Beatrix and Putin spoke German together on this visit. Is this true? Is there a video?! That would make my day!

You found a picture of The Dress!!! Way to go xxPatrickxx:)

Did anyone see any pics of Margriet (besides the ones at the luncheon with her back to the camera)? It looked like she had a nice outfit on, but it's really hard to tell.

SpiffyBallerina said:
SAD! Poor Princess Maxima - I think she's thin! The outfit wouldn't have been flattering on anyone who wasn't a stick-thin model I bet.

ALSO - Someone mentioned on another thread that Queen Beatrix and Putin spoke German together on this visit. Is this true? Is there a video?! That would make my day!

It is true, as the russian president worked for the KGB in Germany his german is fluent. The official speeches were however in russian/english. Mr. Putin seemed friendly and, in the pressconference, to the point. He made a much better impresion on me then the american president, who left our queen waiting for 15 minutes in the rain.

I liked Maxima's hat very much btw, when I saw the first pictures I was wondering what old pictures of Queen Paola were doing in this thread (which is a big compliment to Maxima). It should be Fabienne Delvigne who ccreated this hat, she always does such a wonderfull job!

Firstly, thanks to everyone for the photos. I really liked Maxima's outfit from the first evening, but I think everything else wasn't that that great. The hats worn by both Maxima and Beatrix over the two days was a bit of a let down. I almost forgot about Mr. Putin working with the KGB. Oops! Btw, Marengo, I love your avatar. Anyway, I think this is my favourite photo out of them all: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=208265&d=1130873728 There weren't too many photos of his wife, Liudmila, so it was nice to see her in that one.

Thanks Danielle, I disagree on the hats, but I agree about that picture. Very nice to see tat Ludmilla CAN be an elegant woman if she tries and has the right clothes on, like in this picture.

Maxima's hat was indeed from Fabienne Delvigne, her clothes (I'm talking about the day outfit) were from Natan.

Some pictures from ANP :

i don't know what event is this, but it looks like the Prince of Orange is accompanying president putin on an exhibition

Attachments

• 3150430.jpg
    3150430.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 150
  • 3150431.jpg
    3150431.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 144
  • 3150432.jpg
    3150432.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 146
  • 3153028.jpg
    3153028.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 212
  • 3153030.jpg
    3153030.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 147
  • 3157010.jpg
    3157010.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 141
This was in the Tsar Peter cottage in Zaandam. Peter the Great stayed in this hiouse for a week when he wanted to learn more about shipbuilding. As he attracted a crowd & he was unable to work because of the curious dutchmen he left after a week and settled in the 'closed' VOC shipyards in Amsterdam.

The media says that Putin was the first russian head of state to visit our country after Peter the Great, which is not true. There is a painting of Queen Anna showing her brother Emperor Nicholas I Pavlovich and her sister-in-law, Empress Alexandra (nee Charlotte of Prussia) around in the same building.

Marengo said:
This was in the Tsar Peter cottage in Zaandam. Peter the Great stayed in this hiouse for a week when he wanted to learn more about shipbuilding. As he attracted a crowd & he was unable to work because of the curious dutchmen he left after a week and settled in the 'closed' VOC shipyards in Amsterdam.

The media says that Putin was the first russian head of state to visit our country after Peter the Great, which is not true. There is a painting of Queen Anna showing her brother Emperor Nicholas I Pavlovich and her sister-in-law, Empress Alexandra (nee Charlotte of Prussia) around in the same building.

thanks for the info, marengo ! :)

pretoriana18

:)I think that Princess Maxima Is the best princess plebian....I admire her

Back
Top Bottom