State Visit from Luxembourg to The Netherlands: April 24-26, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maria Teresa's red gown is beautiful:)
But, I think that for the GDss this dress shouldn't has this something ahead (piece of crease material? undre the brooch). Everything would be good without this crease material. With this smth this gown looks little on MT,with my all respect for the GDss, like a tent.:confused:

Maxima looks great today. Those shoes are much more flattering than those hideous ankle straps. Bravo!

Wow, I like very much the drees of Maxima today...less colour but more beautiful...
And Maria Teresa is also very beautiful...what was the problem with the car?

The Grand Duke Henri of Luxemburg (2nd R), his wife Maria Teresa, Dutch Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende (L) and Amsterdam Jan Peter Balkenende attend a wreath laying ceremony at the National Monument on Dam Square April 26, 2006 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands

from getty

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 289
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 182
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 289
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 199
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
more from this morning at the Van Gogh Museum (from ANP without watermark)

and now, from the Luncheon by Dutch Government at Ridderzaal, The Hague
(also from ANP)

Attachments

• 2935540.jpg
    2935540.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 233
  • 2935602.jpg
    2935602.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 383
  • 2935606.jpg
    2935606.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 303
  • 2935655.jpg
    2935655.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 331
  • 2935632.jpg
    2935632.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 211
  • 2935572.jpg
    2935572.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 231
  • 2935569.jpg
    2935569.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
more from ANP :

Wreath Laying Ceremony at Dam Square, Amsterdam

Farewell Ceremony at het binnenhof, The Hague

At the risk of sounding boring: Jess, you're great! :)
Maxima and Maria-Teresa looked very lovely today, though I don't like their hats...

I also really like the pictures of Maxima and Queen Beatrix last night. They seem to go on very well!

Maxie said:
At the risk of sounding boring: Jess, you're great! :)
Maxima and Maria-Teresa looked very lovely today, though I don't like their hats...

I also really like the pictures of Maxima and Queen Beatrix last night. They seem to go on very well!
thanks as always, Maxie!

more of today from seegerpress , i think the 1st one is from the farewell ceremony.

more from today from royalimages :

at Rembrandt Exhibition

Maxima at the Luncheon

more from royalimages

from the farewell ceremony... (Maxima looks she's getting to know Maria Teresa much better now.. and they're going to meet again this weekend in Stockholm.. great benelux relationship..)

tiny images from londonfeatures of last night's concert

th_68715_23866885.jpg
th_68718_23866886.jpg

It really has been a good state visit! I like Benelux state visits! Luckily they're going to Belgium too in june! :)

more from the Farewell Ceremony, at The Hague
from PPE

i really love the trio WA-Beatrix-Maxima... they really have a good relationship! :D

Maxima looks great today!!The pictures from last night of Queen Beatrix and Maxima were lovely :)

Thanks a lot for these fotos...
Maxima and Maria Teresa are very merveillous!

When I opened any of those files, there was a banner advertising online poker games, extreme sex and marijuana subsititutes above it. How delightfully inappropriate - or is someone trying to tell me something?

Well, that didn't happened to me maybe something to do with your computer? Maria Theresa looks so elegant and I absolutely loved Maxima's outfit today.

I love Maxima and Maria Teresa's today outfits and all 3 hats. All ladies looks great.:)

Nice to see how close they all are! There are so many pictures of the Royals being very close with each other during this statevisit! :)
I really like the Mother-Son scenes ;)
Beatrix lookes a bit sad and tired on some pictures :/

Last edited:
[FONT=verdana, arial]I was at Dam square several times today and found the wreath ceremony somewhat akward. On the background there is a big fair (kermis?) going on (in front of the palace), the palace looked desolate and the guests walked almost from a jewelry shop to the monument.
Later during the day (I pass the monument several times as it stands in the middle of the route I use to get to two buildings of my university) I could see the wreath from closeby, a intertwined H and M with a crown. The wreath was surrounded by fences and two policeofficers were watching it, while the stairs of the monument filled itself with tourists and locals who sit their and throw things on the floor. 3 people were sleeping on the stairs, probably drunk, stoned or both.
When I passed the monument around 1800 they already removed the wreath. So that is the sad fate of our national monument
wink.gif

[/FONT]

Maxima's legs looked so much better today when she was wearing high heels and no ankle straps (I completely agree with Gisela, those ankle straps are awful). Nice outfit overall.

I really liked her gala dress, what I could see of it. And lovely jewelry, too.

I thought Maxima's concert dress was pretty, but she needs a good bra, and the skirt was too short.

And lastly, the Leiden outfit... sigh, I really do like Maxima's colorful taste, but this was a little too much. And as previous posters noted, the skirt and ankle strap shoes made her legs look fat.

My favorite outfit: MT's red concert dress. Wow!

I thought the Queen's outfits, which often come in for some fond ribbing, looked really good overall.

I can totally picture what happened at the Dam Square today, Marengo! You describe it in a very lively manner! Things like that are the reason why I can't stand Amsterdam and admire it secretly at the same time... :)

Marengo said:
[FONT=verdana, arial]I was at Dam square several times today and found the wreath ceremony somewhat akward. On the background there is a big fair (kermis?) going on (in front of the palace), the palace looked desolate and the guests walked almost from a jewelry shop to the monument.
Later during the day (I pass the monument several times as it stands in the middle of the route I use to get to two buildings of my university) I could see the wreath from closeby, a intertwined H and M with a crown. The wreath was surrounded by fences and two policeofficers were watching it, while the stairs of the monument filled itself with tourists and locals who sit their and throw things on the floor. 3 people were sleeping on the stairs, probably drunk, stoned or both.
When I passed the monument around 1800 they already removed the wreath. So that is the sad fate of our national monument
wink.gif

[/FONT]

Thanks for the behind the scenes report Marengo. That is so sad that people show such disrespect at the National Monument.:(

well, somehow the relaxed attitude of people in Amsterdam, and tourists there is nice (up to a point). But I think they should invent something to protect the monument itself. Not to mention the palace, as many drunk english tourists (and drunk locals) relieve their bladder against the walls of it during the night.
And Maxie: I couldn't stand AMsterdam either, but now I am living here I am warming up to it. The trick is to evade the overly touristic areas (Rokin, Kalverstraat, Spuistraat, Damrak), and go to Brouwersgracht for example.

Back
Top Bottom