State Visit from Jordan to The Netherlands: October 30-November 2, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dazzling said:
Queen Rania was very dissapointing. the dress, the gloves, the hair and the new tiara didnt go very well also seemed like it did not fit her very well.
dazzling said:
Princess Noor looked amazing, id like to see a full length of her dress. She is growing up to be a pretty young women. I though that Princess Laurentien would dissapoint us since she does not get it right usually, but she proved wrong. she looked really good. love her tiara

Dazzling--you said it so well. Here's my two cents on the trip. Rania is an attractive woman, and that goes with out saying. BUT I have to admit she seems to look more like a young model who's not so young than a queen. I've been talking about her hair for a while in the Jordan thread, and will say it again, "Rania please cut your hair or at least give it a healthy trim. You're hair doesn't have any shape to it and because it's so long it's hard to style in a way that wont look messy. It just doesn't look elegant--unless that's not what you want to look like."

The banquet: What was she thinking. Some one earlier said it best, it was almost like she took her news things and wore them together. The dress is nice and would have looked good by itself without the huge tiara, earrings and those gloves. She didn't need to wear such a large tiara--it really looks tacky and on top of that she added those huge earrings with it. The gloves just killed me. Noor's look was so much more regal than Rania's--she looked like a true royal than Rania. Please don't try too hard your majesty. And don’t' get me started on those gloves.

Oh one last thing--she should have used crutches at least when she was going up the steps--I think that picture is probably going as one of her most embarrassing.

Laviollette said:
Are KA and QR going to visit any muslim communities in the Netherlands on their trip? I don't recognize if any of the above sites have anything to do with the large muslim population there.

although for some families it's a normal activity when going on official or state visit to other country to visit the community of their country there, it may not be for jordan (or there may be many other things to do and they didn't have time to organise it). felipe and letizia or willem and maxima often do it, but there's nothing wrong in not doing it.

i need to say as well that i see nothing wrong in rania's hair. my hair is of the same type of rania's (long, straight and fine) and it's a difficult hair to look after. i agree her hair during the second day looked a bit 'electrified' specially at the ends, but it may be because of the hairdo from the night before at the gala. i however liked her hairdo with the diademe and her partition on the side for the second day (although i also note as other members how it looked perhaps a bit 'not mature enough' or not fit for a queen, specially when comparing rania with queen beatrix. but again... we need to take into account the age difference. we can't expect rania to use the same hair style and clothes as if she were older.

i really liked her gala 'outfit'. the tiara is beautiful and really original (is it brand new or part of the royal family's jewels but never worn before by rania?) and the blue dress (any ideas on the designer?) with the gloves looked super elegant in my opinion. the black gloves clash a bit with the blue dress, but i still think she looked great. it's also interesting to see how wise she was to 'hide' her feet under it for the official portrait so that the plaster doesn't give a bad impression.

princesses noor, laurentien and magriet all look beautiful. it's a shame that laurentien's black outfit doesn't let distinguish the black part of the jordanian sash very well...

Last edited:
carlota said:
i need to say as well that i see nothing wrong in rania's hair. my hair is of the same type of rania's (long, straight and fine) ..
QR's hair is anything but fair and straight, didn't u see her pics in university?

President of the International Court of Justice Rosalyn Higgins (L) welcomes Jordan's King Abdullah and his wife Queen Rania (R) at the Peace Palace in the Hague October 31, 2006. REUTERS/Toussaint Kluiters (NETHERLANDS)

Laurentien tell what you want but she looks elegant. I must say that probably for the first time someone looks more elegant than Rania!!! Rania's gown was quite o.k. but hair, gloves and tiara...that's disaster!:w00t2::eek:

Rania's new tiara looks nice but not for the hair-do which Rania's had.

QR "normal" outfits looks elegant.

Last edited:
Queen Rania's tiara is certainly new, haven't seen it before. I dont think I've seen Princess Noor's tiara before either. It looked love and very suitable for her age (her mother-in-law's tiaras would've been too grown up for her). I loved Laurentien's tiara as well. I wish we could see better pictures of Noor and Rahma's dresses.

QR already looks better on day two. I have to keep reminding myself that this is a woman who broke her ankle two weeks ago and yet seems to be keeping up with her schedule during this visit. She has most likely brought little Prince Hashem with her too, as she always does on foreign trips.

Do you mean from the banquet photos? That is Abdullah's cousin, Princess Rahma, Prince Hassan's 2nd daughter.

I think Princess Rahma may be wearing the tiara that Rania is wearing in this official portrait
LINK
However, it's difficult to tell.

Thank you Little star! :flowers:
I just asked, because she is really lovely. :wub: :)

She is, isn't she! I've never seen a clear photo of Rahma before but she's definitely the prettiest of Hassan and Sarvath's children!

I admit that her choice for a gala gown was a big NO NO , but it isn't that monsterous ..skip teh funny gloves and hair mistake ..she looks nice ..and her outfits during the day were elegent ..as for teh Diffrence between teh two queens ..it is only natural ..Rania is ageeeeeeees younger:) ...i love thefact that she wear clothes her age ...she needs to cut her hair and gain some weight ..but hey ..chill out guys ....yo make it seem that she is super humanthat have to be without faults ..i can't see others criticized like her ...

Maybe QR thought that she can wear like this becouse it's near to Oct 31?:ROFLMAO:

Little_star said:
I think Princess Rahma may be wearing the tiara that Rania is wearing in this official portrait
LINK
However, it's difficult to tell.

Princess Rahma wear Princess Sarvath´s tiara.

Little_star said:
She is, isn't she! I've never seen a clear photo of Rahma before but she's definitely the prettiest of Hassan and Sarvath's children!

Prince Hassan bint al-Talal and Princess Sarvath al Hassan and their children are very, very befriended with Queen Beatrix and her family. Maybe even more than with the late King Hussein bin Talal and Queen Noor al Hussein.

It is very nice of the King to take his cousine Princess Rahma bint al-Hassan with him. She probably knows the Orange family the best. In the snake's nest that the Hashemite royal family is, there was some chill because Queen Beatrix never stopped to show her public affection for Prince Hassan and Princess Sarvath, for a long time the Crown Prince and -Princess. It is good that the Queen now puts all efforts to show her hospitality and friendliness to King Abdallah and Queen Rania.

Last edited:
salwa said:
I admit that her choice for a gala gown was a big NO NO , but it isn't that monsterous ..skip teh funny gloves and hair mistake ..she looks nice ..and her outfits during the day were elegent ..as for teh Diffrence between teh two queens ..it is only natural ..Rania is ageeeeeeees younger:) ...i love thefact that she wear clothes her age ...she needs to cut her hair and gain some weight ..but hey ..chill out guys ....yo make it seem that she is super humanthat have to be without faults ..i can't see others criticized like her ...
I'd have to agree with that., whilst the hair and gloves were a mess, the dress itself is lovely and she looks great in it.

I can't recall any Royal carrying out a foreign trip when they've been injured and probably uncomfortable in such an obvious way. You'd think people might have a bit of compassion.

Little_star said:
Thank you for correcting me.

You´re wellcome Little Star.:flowers:

I never see before Princess Noor´s tiara.:ermm:

I haven't seen Noor's before either and it looks like quite an unusual and pretty design. I wish there was a better photo.

We will see soon enough if Queen Rania can perform better. In half an hour they will host a contra-reception in the wonderful Kürsaal of the Kürhaus in The Hague.

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Oct/31/16455I.htm
at the far right of the screen u can see princess Rahma, I think she's beautiful, my parents met her a few times they told me she's a very sweet person, I remember I had photos for her smwhere, ill scan them and post them if I find them.
Prince Hamzah looks tired mayeb from last night's Gala, Noor looks radiant , even though she's pregnant it looks like she has lost some weight.

Henri M. said:
We will see soon enough if Queen Rania can perform better. In half an hour they will host a contra-reception in the wonderful Kürsaal of the Kürhaus in The Hague.
I can't wait to see pics :flowers: THanks for the Info.

For me she looks pregnant. But maybe that only clothes. I hope that she is.

But on this photo Rania looks strange. Different than normal. Don't you think, or
maybe that's only me?

Last edited:
Little_star said:
Do you mean from the banquet photos? That is Abdullah's cousin, Princess Rahma, Prince Hassan's 2nd daughter.

She is Prince Hassan's first, not second child (born in 1969).

magnik said:
I hope that she is. But on this photo Rania looks strange. Different than normal. Don't you think, or maybe that's only me?

Maybe her leg pains at this moment.This state visit is certainly not easy for her.

Back
Top Bottom