Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-08-2007, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Gallery from PPE
PPE Agency

Queen Bea's golden dress was never one of my personal favorites, but I think it looks ok. At least it matches the German colors and the sash perfectly.

Máxima looks ok to me , but the real "wow"-effect is missing.
Her make-up looks quite white and the pink lipstick doesn't really match the red sash..
at least her hair looks ok and the Tiara is pretty...

Old 10-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

A pity Princess Margriet couldn´t attend. What orders are the Dutch wearing btw?
Beatrix is wearing the Wurttemberg Pearl tiara, personally I like her golden dress, she wore it before (either during the Luxembourg or Jordanian state visit). Maxima could be wearing the dress that she wore at the pre wedding dinner of Mette-Marit and Haakon.

I do wish that they would pick a different background for pictures btw, a nice painting and maybe some cute statues, chandeliers or even vases with flowers on both sides. This looks rather boring, especially the curtains.

Old 10-08-2007, 05:02 PM
Aristocracy

The Queen was extremely well dressed actually. Anyway, her clothes are always of high quality crepe georgette and other fine fabrics. I think the oufit was very elegant, a mixture of the golden era of Dior and Chanel.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I do wish that they would pick a different background for pictures btw, a nice painting and maybe some cute statues, chandeliers or even vases with flowers on both sides. This looks rather boring, especially the curtains.
I couldn't agree more!
Did you see this picture?
ANP Beeldbank
You even see the spotlights that are placed at both sides and the curtain looked really "faked" .

Old 10-08-2007, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Gallery from PPE
PPE Agency

Queen Bea's golden dress was never one of my personal favorites, but I think it looks ok. At least it matches the German colors and the sash perfectly.

Máxima looks ok to me , but the real "wow"-effect is missing.
Her make-up looks quite white and the pink lipstick doesn't really match the red sash..
at least her hair looks ok and the Tiara is pretty...

I would say that the queens dress isnt that nice. I also think the hair is too puffy
Maxima looks pale, make-up not done well. I like the simplicity of her dress & her small smiles in the pictures.
Intresting that no other family memeber attended or did they & i just missed them?
Old 10-08-2007, 05:16 PM
Courtier

Wow! Queen Beatrix looked extremely elegant both while welcoming the president and his wife and at the gala tonight. "Wow" factor. LOL As for Maxima, who by the way, I adore, just did not have that effect on me today. I know alot of you like the tiara, but to me, it's just plain. And yes, I know the diamonds are huge, and therefore very expensive, but this tiara does not sit well with Maxima. I loved her dress though.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:06 PM
Administrator

An article from Expatica:

Quote:
German president Koehler on official visit to Netherlands

8 October 2007
Amsterdam (dpa) - German president Horst Koehler and his wife Eva Luise arrived at Rotterdam Airport Monday morning for what was Koehler's first state visit to the Netherlands since he took office in 2004.
Much of the visit will be spent broadening all aspects of Dutch-German cooperation - political, scientific and economical.
Among others, the German president is due to visit the so-called Euregion.
In recent years, the province of Twente in the Eastern Netherlands bordering with Germany has increasingly become a role model for far-reaching Dutch-German cooperation and integration.
In this sense, the state visit's programme follows the German president's expertise on the subject of European integration and development.
Read the entire article here.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:55 PM
Serene Highness

I also enjoyed seeing the Queen dress so wonderfully. Maxima's dress was a little on the pale side and it made her look a little yellowish.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:25 AM
Majesty

ANP Beeldbank
Old 10-09-2007, 12:33 PM
Majesty

Governments luncheon today:

Het Koninklijk Huis

Wreath laying ceremony this morning at Zadkine's monument "The devastated City" Rotterdam.
Het Koninklijk Huis
Old 10-09-2007, 01:33 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Imo, Máxima looks very pretty. Her hair is well done, her make up is not too flashy and I adore her tiara!

About the dress, is it recycled right? After the amazing fuchsia dress it's nice to see her with a white sober dress for a change.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:39 PM
Administrator

Very appropriate that the president laid a wreath at the statue commemoring the bombardment of Rotterdam by German bombers in 1940.

-
To Regina: the black and white dress was worn twice before, once in Norway, the government dinner for the wedding of Haakon and Mette-Marit and for an incoming statevisit (combined with a ghastly tiara and not too pretty hairstyle).
Old 10-09-2007, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
A pity Princess Margriet couldn´t attend. What orders are the Dutch wearing btw?
The are wearing the german Order of Merit.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 10-09-2007, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Pictures from today, Maxima & W-A in the background. I like the queen outfit color.
Anp pictures
Pic 1
Pic 2
Old 10-09-2007, 05:27 PM
Administrator

A good picture of Maxima tonight here, sadly only the upper part of the dress. Natan again?

The Carmina Mundi choir is from Germany I assume? The concert was in the Nieuwe Kerk in The Hague, is that the one where Amalia got baptised and where Juliana, Margriet, Laurentien, Wilhelmina etc married?

I note that Margriet didn´t attend this either, I hope she is with Magali and nothing is wrong with her health. Good to see Prof. Mr. Pieter though.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Gallery of the contra presentation, a concert of Carmina Mundi, at the Nieuwe Kerk in The Hague.
PPE Agency

I like Maxima's hairdo tonight! It suits her so much better then yesterday's hairdo and also her make-up looks better this time.

Old 10-09-2007, 06:01 PM
Administrator

This picture just screams for a good caption
Old 10-09-2007, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
This picture just screams for a good caption
Marengo, this picture is hilarioues in a way. To me it seems that the umberallas were used to hide the queen (for some reason) and a photographer just seemed to get this one shot that could go for thousands

Wonder what was going on for a second, the queen does not look happy at all !!!
Thanks for sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Gallery of the contra presentation, a concert of Carmina Mundi, at the Nieuwe Kerk in The Hague.
PPE Agency
Thanks for the pictures. Maxima looked beautiful ! i loved the coat. The dress seems abit weird.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:36 AM
Heir Apparent

maxima looked superb at the concert. really feminine! adorable, really adorable dress and hairdo.

my favourite picture of yesterday: [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-10-2007, 06:42 AM
Gentry

i dont like that shiny band on her dress, her earrings are beautiful.