State Visit from Chile to The Netherlands: May 25-27, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Irene is quite happy in her way of life.She might not always have choosen the easy way out,like most do,but she is nonetheless worthwhile as a human.The fact she only has one grandson and one granddaughter,both of whom she regularly sees by the way,is not to blame on her.More the children that choose not to get involved into anything to quickly....allthough 40 years and over is a bit of a stretch.
Is there a reason we don't see Irene. I haven't been following the DRF for very long so forgive me if I ask something inappropriate!

Is there a reason we don't see Irene. I haven't been following the DRF for very long so forgive me if I ask something inappropriate!
Irene is not a member of the Royal House,the Family,yes,the House no as she is not in line to the Throne.
I suggest you could read her thread.:)

Arrival of HM and Princess Maxima for the luncheon hosted by the dutch Government in honour of President Bachelet..
http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoektype=2&search=26-05-2009%20The

courtesy ppe

http://www.royalimages.nl/search.pp?mailingid=13622&flush=1

courtesy royalimages.

Last edited:
Does Princess Maxima act as the Queen's official Spanish-Dutch translator if the visiting Head of State doesn't speak English? Princess Maxima appears to be playing a greater role in this visit.

Well,again nice jewelry surprises. The sapphire necklace as tiara (why didn't they think of that decades ago!) and Maxima with new chandelier earrings. Judging from the design I suppose they are new, maybe a gift of somebody in the UAE. The bandeau looks fabulous again, and I wish she always put her hair up. She is also wearing Queen Juliana's diamond watch.

President Bachelet is one of those people you take an instant liking to whenever you see her. A pity they çouldn't find anybody more appropriate to fetch her from the airport, now they just send the state secretary of European Affairs (who was supposed to be touring the country with the Euro-bus AFAIK).

Why don't they make the pictures before the gala dinner in a more appropriate room? The beige curtain doesn't do anything to enhance the photos.

Will there be any other incoming state visits this year? Otherwise it is probably the last time we will see Máxima with a tiara in 2009.

The earrings are not some gift from the UAE Marengo.:flowers:
It is much closer then that.

A lot of surprises in the dutch royal family about their new jewels. Perhaps next time we will see the most famous tiara : the Stuart on ??
Lucien , you are wright about Princess Irene , or better Irene von Lippe-B.
She made a choice in her way on living.
We see more often Prince Hughes of Bourbon-Parme at the Dutch RF events.

Does Princess Maxima act as the Queen's official Spanish-Dutch translator if the visiting Head of State doesn't speak English? Princess Maxima appears to be playing a greater role in this visit.

No,HRH is not the Queen's translator,the Heads of State speak french,but with Maxima around it is inevitable and fully agreeable/understandeble the Ladies speak a lot of spanish too.HM herself is a polyglot as well,so don't be surprised
she can very well listen in.(Was looking for another word for speaking many languages,but lost it,what was it again..?)

It really is a power girls event isn't it?..:lol:....
Just out of courtesy,and reall appreciation,for the person of President Bachelet.HM and Maxima are very fond of her,
you can sense the chemistry between them

Last edited:
A lot of surprises in the dutch royal family about their new jewels. Perhaps next time we will see the most famous tiara : the Stuart on ??
Lucien , you are wright about Princess Irene , or better Irene von Lippe-B.
She made a choice in her way on living.
We see more often Prince Hughes of Bourbon-Parme at the Dutch RF events.

It is no longer just Irene von Lippe Biesterfeld.

HRH has changed back to the HRH Princess Irene of The Netherlands,Princess of Orange - Nassau,Princess of Lippe Biesterfeld title,
as she now feels comfortable with all that,as she stated last year or so.Marengo might know more,or it is in her thread here I am sure.
But we are getting way O/T here,maybe better to ask in her thread.:)

i'm sure they have no problems communicating. not only maxima speaks spanish, but michelle speak several languages with ease.

i love today's silver outfit of maxima. very 'herself' :)

Last edited:
Why Willem Alexander did not attend? I see Máxima as Queen Beatrix's daughter this way.

26-05-2009 Contra Princess Maxima attended the contra presentation, a concert by Barocco Andino, at Theater Diligentia in The Hague.
The President is for a 3 day visit in The Netherlands.

PPE Agency

Why Willem Alexander did not attend? I see Máxima as Queen Beatrix's daughter this way.
Well, she is a very good daughter in law! The Oranges seem to be female dominated. Pieter is the only "man" here.

27-05-2009 Wageningen President of Chili, Michelle Bachelet, with Queen Beatrix and Princess Maxima visited the University and Research Centre of Wageningen.
The President is for a 3 day visit in The Netherlands.
PPE Agency

I guess Maxima hada wonderful time speaking with her in spanish!!!

No,HRH is not the Queen's translator,the Heads of State speak french,but with Maxima around it is inevitable and fully agreeable/understandeble the Ladies speak a lot of spanish too.HM herself is a polyglot as well,so don't be surprised
she can very well listen in.(Was looking for another word for speaking many languages,but lost it,what was it again..?)

It really is a power girls event isn't it?..:lol:....
Just out of courtesy,and reall appreciation,for the person of President Bachelet.HM and Maxima are very fond of her,
you can sense the chemistry between them
Thank you Lucien. I was not aware that HM spoke French too.

It hasn't only been windy but on monday night we had the worst thunder storm in five years, esp. in the west of the country. So Mrs. Bachelet, HM must have been awake half the night, like much of the country (including me).

--
This must be the most awful outfit HM ever wore btw (and that is quite a claim, I know ;)).

It's even worse than the strawberry one that she wore a while back.. And Maxima is not looking all that stellar either. Rather wrinkled...

I have a great admiration for President Bachelet. She is a remarkable lady. And how nice is to watch Queen Beatrix, Princess Maxima and Princess Margriet. They are so natural and look so strong and warm.
That was a chance to watch four wonderful women representing their countries in the best way.

Back
Top Bottom