State Visit from Brazil to The Netherlands: April 10-11, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was actually wondering about the dress code at that evening:
It is all over the place:
Queen Beatrix in full force with a tiara, Maxima just missing a tiara, WA and Pieter in tuxedos with orders on the lapels and then the guest of honour looking like on any given day at the office.
Did he get the wrong information? Was his suitcase with the tuxedo lost at Heathrow airport?
Did Maxima and Margriet in the very last second ripped off their tiaras to tone done the event a bit (with the amount of hairspray the Queens hairstyle is probably glued into place it seems impossible to pry out the tiara)
I cannot imagine that WA would have donned a tuxedo instead of a dark suit had he known his guest would prefer business attire...

BTW the orders are very small indeed, the Danes got bigger ones. Although a bigger one and QB's decollete would have revealed a golden heart and quite a bit of indecencies. This star goodie was pulling mightily and the neckline plunging deeply...

I was actually wondering about the dress code at that evening:
It is all over the place:
Queen Beatrix in full force with a tiara, Maxima just missing a tiara, WA and Pieter in tuxedos with orders on the lapels and then the guest of honour looking like on any given day at the office.
Did he get the wrong information? Was his suitcase with the tuxedo lost at Heathrow airport?
Did Maxima and Margriet in the very last second ripped off their tiaras to tone done the event a bit (with the amount of hairspray the Queens hairstyle is probably glued into place it seems impossible to pry out the tiara)
I cannot imagine that WA would have donned a tuxedo instead of a dark suit had he known his guest would prefer business attire...

BTW the orders are very small indeed, the Danes got bigger ones. Although a bigger one and QB's decollete would have revealed a golden heart and quite a bit of indecencies. This star goodie was pulling mightily and the neckline plunging deeply...

I agree, it does look a bit of a mess doesnt it? I wonder if it makes for an awkward situation or if it is unnoticed on the night?
I think that the saving grace of the group shot is that all the women are wearing similar colours. :flowers:
It helps the pictures to be a bit more balanced IMO.

Has Maxima lost weight? Regardless, she looks beautiful. What a great dress, make-up, hairdo, etc. She is so classy! Beautiful princess.

11-04-2008 The Hague
Queen Beatrix and President of Brazil, Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva at the farewell ceremony at palace Noordeinde in The Hague.

PPE Agency

State visit gallery

ANP Beeldbank

Last edited:
Nice pictures, Thanks for sharing them. I like Beatrix's dress. She looked pretty.
Maxima looked fine, too. Sadly no tiara.

Máxima's dress is really beautiful! Her hairdo looks so perfect on her. The other ladies were all elegant but Máxima was the Star. Glad to see her so pretty :)

Is that a new dress for Maxima? She looks wonderful! Very elegant. I liked how the ladies agree on the same tone of color for their dresses.

Maxima looks splendid! I love her in emeralds--well, I love her in any jewels!
Here's a great link with lots of photo of the evening:
PPE Agency

I liked how the ladies agree on the same tone of color for their dresses.

However, I find it a little bit boring ... QUITE boring actually. They all looked splendid, but the hole picture lacked of grace.

I hope Máxima continues wearing that dress-cut type, suits her perfectly.

The government luncheon on the 11th and the arrival of The Queen at the Nieuwe Kerk,The Hague.
ANP Beeldbank

The Brazilian first lady seems well prepared for the cold, judging from her coat here.

Blauw Bloed had an item about the state visit, it starts only after a few minutes, look here.

Back
Top Bottom