State Visit from Brazil to The Netherlands: April 10-11, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:dutchstandard:

Program of the State Visit.

Thursday april 10th.

Welcoming by HM The Queen at Noordeinde Palace.

Mayor Job Cohen of Amsterdam will welcome the President and Mrs. Lula da Silva.

Wreath laying ceremony at the National Monument,Amsterdam.

Meeting at the Breitner Centre with representatives of the Dutch and Brazilian corporate world

State banquet at Noordeinde Palace.

Friday april 11th.

Meeting with dutch PM at his office,"Het Torentje"

The president will meet contacts from his past in the Unions.

Government lunch hosted by the dutch PM at the Hall of Knights.

Discussion forum hosted by the dutch Foreign Minister at the old Hall of the Second Chamber.

Speech by HE the President at the World Forum Convention Centre,The Hague at the business seminar.

Reception and traditional samba presentation by the "Old Guard" samba schools of Rio de Janeiro hosted
by President and Mrs. da Silva to Her Majesty,members of the Royal Family,and guests.Nieuwe Kerk,The Hague.
Het Koninklijk Huis

Thanks for posting Lucien. I wonder if they will wear tiaras and orders at Noordeinde. The president doesn't seem to have anything against it, considering the state visit to the Scandinavian monarchies (though he did not wear a tiara ;)), but sadly HM just needs the slightest excuse for not using them and she doesn't.

I was wondering, who usually receives the guests at the airport? That would normally be HM herself, right?

Last edited:
Thanks for posting Lucien. I wonder if they will wear tiaras and orders at Noordeinde. The president doesn't seem to have anything against it, considering the state visit to the Scandinavian monarchies (though he did not wear a tiara ;)), but sadly HM just needs the slightest excuse for not using them and she doesn't.

I was wondering, who usually receives the guests at the airport? That would normally be HM herself, right?

If a "collegue" as in Monarch,yes,the PoO or HM is there to welcome.
With a president,depends on how close relations are really.
In this case it will be Maxima Verhagen,the Foreign Minister,I think.

It has to do with protocol and precedence and what not.Henri would know,I'm sure;)

Ah, how nice that must be, after a 14 hour flight to find Maxime Verhagen on the airport, I wouldn't blame the president to turn around on the stairs and fly back to Brazil again ;).

There aren't many things done with royals I think, 'just' the welcoming at Noordeinde, the samba-thing and the banquet? Or will he be accompanied by members of the RF elsewhere too?

Ah, how nice that must be, after a 14 hour flight to find Maxime Verhagen on the airport, I wouldn't blame the president to turn around on the stairs and fly back to Brazil again ;).

There aren't many things done with royals I think, 'just' the welcoming at Noordeinde, the samba-thing and the banquet? Or will he be accompanied by members of the RF elsewhere too?

I believe there is a Ladies program for Mrs.Lula da Silva,but not sure who will accompany her,partially.Maybe Princesses Máxima or Margriet.

Hmm,yes,having Maxje Verhagen waiting for you,on an State Visit,is almost an insult to the Guest.There have been wars for less.....:rolleyes:

HM clearly hasn't completely recoverred from the flew, she still looks a bit ill (and very pale).
Nice hat btw.

No,you are right,she looks sick as a dog still,she really does.
And her left leg didn´t recover either,poor woman.

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Nieboer

Pics from Lfi
THE STATE VISIT OF PRESIDENT LULA DA SILVA OF BRAZIL TO THE NETHERLANDS, WHERE HE WAS GREETED BY QUEEN BEATRIX AT NOORDEINDE PALACE AT THE HAGUE, HOLLAND. 10 APRIL 2008.
London Features International Ltd

Lucien, did Maxima and Williem attended the Banquet?

Lucien, did Maxima and Williem attended the Banquet?

Both were expected,yes,as well as HRH Princess Margriet and Prof.mr.Pieter van Vollenhoven.

Long wait till the pics right....;)

I had no idea that HM was ill. When was that? And what happened to her poor leg?

Good news (for those who are into royal jewelry): tiara sighting in The Hague tonight. HM is wearing Queen Anna's pearl tiara and a nice brooch:

Toasting

Toasting with Mrs. Lula

It looks a bit weird, HM in full glory while the president is just wearing a tie.

Good news (for those who are into royal jewelry): tiara sighting in The Hague tonight. HM is wearing Queen Anna's pearl tiara and a nice brooch:

Toasting

Toasting with Mrs. Lula

It looks a bit weird, HM in full glory while the president is just wearing a tie.

I am sure Henry will like this...:lol:,so do I btw.
Look at HM,ill as she is,she´s there,in full glory!

I had no idea that HM was ill. When was that? And what happened to her poor leg?

She has a very bad/nagging flue for at least two weeks now,and doesn´t seem to recover,contrary,
each time I see her she looks paler and paler,she´s just not well.

She injured her leg a while ago too.

Beau-ti-full!!Especially Máxima,she´s like a dream.

Does anyone know why HM is wearing a tiara but noone else is?
And yes, they are all looking great!!!

What's that?

Beatrix wears a Tiara and the others don't? :glare:
How very weird!

Máxima,well. I love that dress, but I would not call her whole look a dream. I like her hairdo. I miss the Tiara. The jewels are gorgeous on the other hand. make-up isn't my cup of tea.

In some pics she somehow looks like she has a coffein-shock ! :D
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2008/08041056.jpg

But please... does anyone understand the thing with the Tiaras? :bang:

What's that?

Beatrix wears a Tiara and the others don't? :glare:
How very weird!

Máxima,well. I love that dress, but I would not call her whole look a dream. I like her hairdo. I miss the Tiara. The jewels are gorgeous on the other hand. make-up isn't my cup of tea.

In some pics she somehow looks like she has a coffein-shock ! :D
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2008/08041056.jpg

But please... does anyone understand the thing with the Tiaras? :bang:

We will never understand the dutch tiara politic in Beatrix reign. At the luxemburgian State-Visit Maria teresa appearis with a whooper-tiara and Beatrix with a small one. At the spanish State Visit Beatrix wore a whopper and Sofia a small one and at the Visit to Latvia Beatrix wears a whopper.

Always not what you would expect.

Stefan said:
We will never understand the dutch tiara politic in Beatrix reign.
no... we won't. :lol:
I mean .. I don't mind if they wear Tiaras with different sizes.
But it looks quite strange if there's only a single person wearing a Tiara.
It somehow looks like "Oops, we forgot to make an arrangement."

I think Willem-Alexander doesn´t look too good. Did he darken his hair (don´t like his hairstyle) and gain a little weight? To tell the truth: In comparison with his wife he of course never looks too good....;)

Agencia Brasil has some pictures too:

Grouppicture

Another grouppicture

Queen and president

As I said before, I wish they could find another background for pictures. To pose in front of some curtains looks odd and terribly boring.

Strange that the Queen is wearing a tiara and the others are not, I suppose it is due to lack of communication as there can't be any logic behind this (but then, there never is any logic behind any aspect of dutch protocol, ceremony etc).

Maxima's dress and jewels are nice enough, as is the hair but the eye-shodow is even more than usual (and she usually uses a lot of eye liner and such).

Maxima looks SO beautiful. She can realy pull an evening outfit off very well. The only thing I dislike is the makeup. Looks heavy and messy.

Doe4s anybody know what orders the royals/ the president received? They seem to be wearing the small pins as it wasn't a full gala event (why the Queen wears a tiara considering that beats me, though I am glad she did).

The cross of the Brazilian order seems a bit heavy, which is showing in this picture as it is pulling HM's neckline down.

The president met the Prime Minister today btw, a photo here.

Back
Top Bottom