Prinsjesdag 2013-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
On September 17th king Willem-Alexander will open the Dutch parlament.

Official website:
Prinsjesdag | Onderwerp | Rijksoverheid.nl

-
News items:

Queen Máxima will be the first Queen consort who will be seated on throne next to the king:
Maxima ook op een troon op Prinsjesdag - Wel.nl

The new monogram of king Willem-Alexander's throne:
Troonzetel met WA nu klaar voor Prinsjesdag - Royalty Online - Royalty -

Princess Beatrix, Princess Margriet and Pieter van Vollenhoven will not attend. Hopefully they will be present at the cabinet of the King to see the procession, like Queen Juliana always did after her abdication.

Last edited:
On September 17th king Willem-Alexander will open the Dutch parlament.

Official website:
Prinsjesdag | Onderwerp | Rijksoverheid.nl

-
News items:

Queen Máxima will be the first Queen consort who will be seated on throne next to the king:
Maxima ook op een troon op Prinsjesdag - Wel.nl

The new monogram of king Willem-Alexander's throne:
Troonzetel met WA nu klaar voor Prinsjesdag - Royalty Online - Royalty -

Princess Beatrix, Princess Margriet and Pieter van Vollenhoven will not attend. Hopefully they will be present at the cabinet of the King to see the procession, like Queen Juliana always did after her abdication.

Looking forward to it,two weeks from today!:)

Amalia will only start to attend Prinsjesdag when she turns 18 right?

http://www.welingelichtekringen.nl/...mpaign=maxima-ook-op-een-troon-op-prinsjesdag

[FONT=verdana,arial][FONT=verdana,arial]Any reason why Princess Margriet and Pieter van Vollenhoven will not attend anymore? Thought they would still attend as she remains a member of the Royal House and in line of succession and that only Princess Beatrix would stop to attend. [/FONT][/FONT]

The newspapers didn't give an explanation for the absence, they just state that the couple will not be present.

The newspapers didn't give an explanation for the absence, they just state that the couple will not be present.

The cortege and attendance at the Hall of Knights will be restricted to TM and TRH only which is in line with what happened in 1980,only Queen Beatrix,Prince Claus and Margriet and Pieter were in attendance..That was the case for 5 years,until Alexander turned 18 in 1985.

Ofcourse the then Queen's sisters had no place in-line to the Throne anymore at the time,but it just shows that after a change on the Throne it will be just TM and their next of kin,i.e.,Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien.Plus the route will be like last years,not passing the Cabinet of the King but a more direct route.

We will have to wait till Amalia is 18 to have another Member in attendance...till 2022...seems awfully long.....:)

Last edited:
Looking forward to this event,its a firm favourite of mine but will be a little sad not to see Beatrix or Princess Margriet.

The horses practising at the beach at Scheveningen:

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE

The Throne at the Hall of Knights is ready,including the new WA cypher.:)

580317_644508498907649_884466569_n.jpg

Pic is for public use!

It will be the first time today that a King will deliver the Speech from the Throne in the Hall of Knights and the first time also that a Queen will be seated next to the King on the daise.

Kings Willem I,II & III delivered the speech in a different Hall while none of their Queens was seated beside them.The Thrones used are the same that have Always been in use.The last who was seated on what will be Máxima's was Prince Claus.

During the Reigns of Queens Wilhelmina,Juliana & Beatrix their spouses were always seated next to them on the daise.

Last edited:
Maxima in gold. Looks great, that hat is similar to that hard pink hat she had last year.

I miss WA military uniform, that was way more regal than that suit.

Maxima in gold. Looks great, that hat is similar to that hard pink hat she had last year.

I miss WA military uniform, that was way more regal than that suit.
It find it also strange that do to WA not wearing an uniform he does not wear as Order sash but Máxima wears it.

it's great to see the new king and queen in prinsjesdag!
queen maxima looks her usual sparkling self - and not just because of her gold outfit! :)

It find it also strange that do to WA not wearing an uniform he does not wear as Order sash but Máxima wears it.

I thought the exact same Stefan,I'm sure we'll get an answer from our Dutch members.

I am not sure about the color of Máxima's outfit. She fades in the background since the color matches the carpet and the golden pattern on the throne.

I am puzzled as well why the king and prince Constantijn do not wear a sash while the queen does. They either have to upgrade the dressing code of the men or downgrade the women. The present effect is odd, but it was always the case: prince Claus and Pieter van Vollenhoven never wore a sash either during Prinsjesdag.

The king started with a personal note, about his mother, the enthronement and the support after the death of prince Friso.

I thought the exact same Stefan,I'm sure we'll get an answer from our Dutch members.

The King did wear the insignia of the Knight Grand Cross of the Military Order of Willem.The only link in dress that refers to him as the King.

As jewelry the Queen used the elements of the Borneo parure for earjewelry and broche.
Princess Laurentien wore saphires.

http://bin.snmmd.nl/m/m1mx72kam5ni_std1024.jpg

A uniform isn't appropriate in Parliament,one doesn't want them to surrender....grin...albeit...oh...sometimes..But no,HM will Always wear jaquet as we call it,morning dress to all others.:)

552137.jpg

Robe by Jan Taniniau,stunning in Royal Gold...

1234730_645001455525020_116124705_n.jpg

At the start of the speech HM did refer to how gratefull he is towards his mother,the heartwarming start of his Reign on april 30th and the tragic death of Friso and the support the family received for which they are most gratefull.Both the King and Queen were emotional for a short time as HM uttered the words on Friso.Moving.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it ever rain on Prinsjesdag? The Dutch Royals always seem to blessed with a bright autumnal day.

Does it ever rain on Prinsjesdag? The Dutch Royals always seem to blessed with a bright autumnal day.

Bright autumnal day no Ann..There's an overcast all day almost,and this morning it poured in The Hague....

There have been Prinsjedag days...grin...with drizzle yes,both from the Dutch crying their eyes out after hearing the government plans,and due to weather conditions too...hmm..

But ib general,there is often something magical in that sooner or later a patch of sun appearsa.We call that an Oranje zonnetje...an Orange sun..:)

Is it just me and pardon my gush, but aren't they the most beautiful King and Queen!!! Princess Beatrix must be sooooo proud!

Thanks for the photos!
King Willem-Alexander was very serious. Queen Maxima looked nice. At the same time, I fully agree with Marengo noting that the golden dress fades into the background.

Love Maxima's dress! Also think that Laurentien looks fabulous .... her hat however is a bit too casual for the lace dress.

Why did Princess Beatrix not attend?
Is it because it would be an issue for her personally?
Or does she have the impression, that it looks strange for all people from the Netherlands, if she always sat on the throne and will not sit there any more?
BYe Bine

It is customary that the abdicated monarch does not attend the event.Queen Juliana and Queen Wilhelmina also remained absent after their abdications.

Other absentees: Princess Margriet and Pieter van Vollenhoven, who attended the ceremony 52 and 46 times respectively.

---

The ceremony can be viewed here:

NOS Prinsjesdag: di 17 sep 2013, 12:35 - Uitzending Gemist

Last edited:
Don't like Laurentien her hat, however I think the Queen looked fabulous! Amazing! Her dress is royal, chique and absolutely extremely beautiful. Can't be happier.
I really like the King's words towards his mother and the Dutch population because of the death of his brother. They became quite emotional at that point of the speech.

It was great to see the images and video of King Willem-Alexander's speach from the throne on Prinsjesdag. I notice that when the king and queen walked towards the thrones, the same fanfare was used as the one at the inauguration ceremony back in April. Does anyone know any more about this piece of music, who wrote it etc??

It is a new piece created for the enthronement ceremony. The composer is Willem van Merwijk and the piece is called 'L'Entrata del Re'. For Queen Beatrix's inauguration Jurriaan Andriessen already composed the 'entrada della regina'.

Thank you to all who shared video links and photographs of today.

Back
Top Bottom