Prinsjesdag 2003-2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering...for all us non-Dutch members, is there a site we could go to in order to watch the event?

I cannot wait to say what Maxima is wearing this year. I'm sure she'll look great!

I just saw Maxima, very elegant, black skirt with white tailored jacket with a belt and a big white rose as a headpiece at the back of her chignong and giant pearls in her ears. Much classier than the last two years:flowers:

The Queen wears something mossy green/brown, Margriet in bright purpel and Laurentien in pale blue (she sits like a sack of potatoes compared to Margriet) with a giant hat

Great webcast, very clear, there are some rediculos hats in the audience though

Last edited:
First pics of HM the Queen from ANP

The Queen reading her speech

Source: ANP

Maxima looks absolutely stunning!!! I think it's her best Prinsjesdag-outfit so far!
She looks very beautiful and classy! :flowers:

Queen Beatrix's hat looks nice, but the colour is a bit "boring".
I also like what Margriet and Laurentien are wearing!:)

Princess Margriet never lets me down on Prinsjedag. She always has the classiest and most lovely outfit and carries herself in such an elegant and dignified manner. I want to be like Princess Margriet when I grow up!

Thanks for the pictures so far everyone!

Maxima looks great! Beautiful fit, the colors look great on her. I really like the fitted jacket and full skirt combination. I also like the flower thing in her hair. One of her best outfits in a while. She always seems to pull it together exceptionally well for Prinjesdag.

Princess Laurentien looks great!!!

more pictures on www.ppe-acency.com

06091919.jpg

I agree!
Finally another beautiful dress of Laurentien!

A good view of Máxima's white flower :

Polfoto

Wow, in this view I see she is today incredible beautiful.

I love her dress and style today!!! Incredible Maxima!!!

They all look wonderful. Princess Maxima looks stunning! I love that white rose stuck in her hair. And Princess Laurentien actually dressed very nice as well.

Maxima looks amazing (nothing new there)! Love the white and black combo and the flower hairpiece, which only she can pull off.

How come constatine doesn't wear a sash? and how come Laurentine wears a yellow one and not blue like Maxima, WA and Margreit?

No sash because of the dresscode

auntie said:
How come constatine doesn't wear a sash? and how come Laurentine wears a yellow one and not blue like Maxima, WA and Margreit?

Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands and prof. mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven were in jacquet (formal civil daywear). A sash is never worn with a jacquet, only with uniform or in 'white tie'. Instead the gentlemen wore a bâton (rosette) in their lapels. Because the ladies were in long daywear (the event was around Noon), they can wear sashes. The Prince of Orange wore an uniform and they wore a sash as well.

Orders:

The nassaublue with orange sash of a Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Netherlands Lion, the hightest civil Order.
HM The Queen
HRH The Prince of Orange
HRH Princess Máxima

The orange sash of a Knight Grand Cross in the House Order of Orange
HRH Princess Laurentien

The bâton of a Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Netherlands Lion
HRH Prince Constantijn
Prof. mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven

Spouses of 'lower' Princes have the House Order of Orange. For decades Prof. mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven had the same Order as Princess Laurentien. But out of benevolence for his almost 40 years loyal service to the Crown, he was bestowed the highest civil Order too.

Last edited:
The outfit of the royals

Her Majesty The Queen
Stately robe with a round neckline and accents on the sleeves. The robe is made of silk brodée façonnée of a goldcoloured lamé. The Queen wore a matching hat.
The Queen wore the riband and breast star belonging to the Grand Cross in the Order of the Netherlands Lion.

His Royal Highness The Prince of Orange
Outgoing tenue of an Infantry Brigadier-General of the Royal Netherlands Army.
The Prince's decorations were:
- the riband and breast star belonging to the Grand Cross in the Order of the Netherlands Lion;
- the breast star of a Knight Grand Cross in the House Order of the Golden Lion of Nassau;
- the Long Service Officer's Medal;
- the Investiture Medal 1980;
- the Wedding Medal 2002.

Her Royal Highness Princess Máxima of the Netherlands
A skirt of black tule completed with a creamy white silk jacket. The Princess' hair decoration were silk flowers, also of a creamy white colour.
The Princess wore the riband and breast star belonging to the Grand Cross in the Order of the Netherlands Lion.

His Royal Highness Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands
A jacquet with a grey vest.
The Prince wore the bouton belonging to the Grand Cross in the Order of the Netherlands Lion in his lapels.

Her Royal Highness Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands
A long bleu woollen crêpe de Paris cocarde-style gown with a split at the left foreleg. The backside ends in a train. The gown is finished with blue silk. The hat is made of woollen crêpe with an assymetric wide brim.
The Princess wore the riband and breast star belonging to the Grand Cross in the House Order of Orange.

Her Royal Highness Princess Margriet of the Netherlands
A lilac silk ensemble with matching hat.
The Princess wore the riband and breast star belonging to the Grand Cross in the Order of the Netherlands Lion.

Prof. mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven
A jacquet with a grey vest.
He wore the bouton belonging to the Grand Cross in the Order of the Netherlands Lion in his lapels.

Last edited:
Are there more pictures from POLFOTO cause they have always great pictures and quality..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom