Princess Margarita and Tjalling ten Cate Engaged!: February 20, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lucien

Majesty
City
Amsterdam
Country
Netherlands
:flowers:HRH Princess Margarita is to marry her beau Tjalling ten Cate in may as was announced today by her mothers secretary.The couple is an item for quite some time now,but didn't appear together untill the combined birthday celebrations of Her Majesty The Queen and Princess Margriet on february 1st.
The Couple expects a baby this summer.Wish them all the luck!!

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

Courtesy PPE/Nieboer.

Last edited:
Really?? wow that's great news! What a surprise (at least to me as I didn't even know she was seeing anyone) Congratulations to the couple!!!!

Last edited:
Best wishes to Princess Margarita and her fiance. I hope that she will find happiness with her new husband to be.

Congrastulations to Margarita, what a susprise!!!!
Will asist her family to the wedding this time?

after all the drama of her first marriage and divorce , Im glad she finding peace. Best to her and her new baby.

A marriage and a baby...
Great news, what a surprise!
I am very happy for Margarita and Tjalling. Wish them all the best for the future. :flowers:

It's also great news that Irene will become an (official) grandmother, at last.

Now that is happy news indeed! All the best to the couple, I expect that this time there will be much more relatives that will attend Margarita's wedding than last time.

Last edited:
Apparently Tjalling Ten Cate works as a lawyer for the Nederlandse Bank, (the Dutch Bank) in Amsterdam. It is said the couple has been living together for a year already. Margarita is doing a course at the Royal Acadamy of Arts in The Hague.

It will be a civil wedding, in a small circle. According to RTL Boulevard they were introduced to each other by one of the van Vollenhoven princes.

Last edited:
How do you pronounce Tjalling's name?

Best wishes to the couple :) This will be the first recognized grandchild for Carlos and Irene, correct? I know Carlos Jr has a son, but he isn't recognized by the family, it's just that CJ acknowledges him as his son, but doesn't recognize him or something...

after all the drama of her first marriage and divorce , Im glad she finding peace. Best to her and her new baby.

Was she the one who was very verbal about the RF ruining her husband's business, etc.? I vaguely remember hearing they finally got a divorce. Well, Congratulations to both of them. I hope things work out this time 'round.:flowers:

The Telegraaf says that the couple announced the good news to Margarita's cousins aftyer the birthday party of Margriet and Beatrix, when they had a private gathering in the home of one of the younger royals.

According to the Telegraaf Tjalling has an older brother called Reitse, his parents are divorced and they grew up in Soest.

The groom studied law in Leiden, he was a member of the fraternity society (so probably an acquentance of Prince Floris), likes hockey, golf and sailing. His friends say he is a 'goeie lobbes' (now how to translate this?). He worked 5 years for AKD Prinsen van Wijnen and now for the Dutch bank. The couple is living together in Amsterdam Zuid.

How do you pronounce Tjalling's name?

Best wishes to the couple :) This will be the first recognized grandchild for Carlos and Irene, correct? I know Carlos Jr has a son, but he isn't recognized by the family, it's just that CJ acknowledges him as his son, but doesn't recognize him or something...

I think Tjah-ling comes close.

Carlos Xavier has a son with Brigitte Klynstra, it was said he was the donor. The boy is called Carlos Hugo Roderik Sybren Klynstra.

According to RTL Boulevard they were introduced to each other by one of the van Vollenhoven princes.

Thank you, thank you van Vollenhoven prince :flowers:. We owe the van Vollenhovens so much!!

I think Tjah-ling comes close.

Carlos Xavier has a son with Brigitte Klynstra, it was said he was the donor. The boy is called Carlos Hugo Roderik Sybren Klynstra.

He wasn't just the donor. He was her lover and dumped her when she got pregnant.:eek:
The little Carlos looks exactly like his father Carlos sr, no doubt possible.

Last edited:
He wasn't just the donor. He was her lover and dumped her when she got pregnant.:eek:
The little Carlos looks exactly like his father Carlos sr, no doubt possible.

I never heard that before actually, I always thought he was a donor. But curious that she named the child after him when he left her alone with the child, such a name would imply that the relations between them were still well at the time of the birth of the child. Does Carlos or Irene actually keep in touch with Carlos Klynstra?

I never heard that before actually, I always thought he was a donor. But curious that she named the child after him when he left her alone with the child, such a name would imply that the relations between them were still well at the time of the birth of the child. Does Carlos or Irene actually keep in touch with Carlos Klynstra?

He was the donor,they're still friends and both Irene and Carlos see Carlos "Jr".Bettina,you are misinformed,sorry.:)

Some pictures by Reni van Maren, made a year ago. Take a look here.

Courtesy Someone at ATR

Back
Top Bottom