Princess Irene Turns 70: August 5, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maria-olivia

Majesty
City
Brussels
Country
Belgium
I was told that this evening on 8.50 pm the Dutch TV will broadcast a special thread about Irene's life .

Yes.

KRO-Profiel - KRO Profiel: Prinses Irene

HRH is interviewed while at her home here in The Netherlands as well as at her estate "Bergplaas" in South Africa,
where she lives most of the year.She's filmed with her children,who are extremely important to her,and with granddaughter
Julia who gives her such joy,more then she ever experienced before in her life.
She talks about being a Princess and how she could not cope with that for a long time as it ,the title,created such a distance
between her and other people,or as she says herself;"There's a big difference if I answer the phone with "Princess Irene"
or Irene van Lippe.She "uses" the title if that helps to bring her message across to a larger audience.She has learned to cope
and uses the title that is rightfully hers if she so sees fit like fi with family- or official affairs.
http://gpdhome.typepad.com/

Last edited:
Lucien , you wrote HRH , I thought she did not want to be a RH anymore ?
Is that new ??

At my place we have only Holl 1 , and yesterday "Irene 70 " was at 09.05 p.m. on Holland 2.. so I could not see ! Perhaps Lucien has a video from it ??
On "Viva Maxima" at the end pp 271 - 277 they are wonderful pictures of Irene (1939-2009).

At my place we have only Holl 1 , and yesterday "Irene 70 " was at 09.05 p.m. on Holland 2.. so I could not see ! Perhaps Lucien has a video from it ??
On "Viva Maxima" at the end pp 271 - 277 they are wonderful pictures of Irene (1939-2009).

ANP Beeldbank

courtesy Royalimages.

It was from 20.55 till 21.35,so a rather short documentary on her but very good,I think.

It drew 698000 viewers,way less then the "portraits"of her sisters Beatrix and Margriet,or brother in law Pieter,he also drew over a million viewers,twice,but unfortunately Irene's birthday occurs when halve the nation is on summer holidays,and the other halve is sitting outside somewhere too,temps are high,were high that evening.so,that gives an easy difference.

Uitzendinggemist doesn't have it yet,but I will keep an eye on it.
The program came 6th on the list of most watched programs tuesday night
and also had very nice reviews in the papers yesterday terms of respect and
appreciation towards the Princess.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom