Princess Irene of The Netherlands, Current Events Part 1 (July 2003 - )

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it known who are the godparents of little Paola?

Princess Irene having a tour through a forest close to Breda. I believe she is acting as a tour guide to highlight her initiative to get more people into nature. In the interview she says that more than 70% of the Dutch chidren spen less tan ONE day per year in 'nature' (!):

Prinses Irene beleeft natuur Mastbos - Breda - Regio - bndestem

Princess Irene participated in the RTL4 programme ´Green Kids´, with tv gardener Lodewijk Hoekstra. The princess took the children ´on adventure in nature´:
NATUURLES VAN PRINSES IRENE IN NIEUWE REEKS

On Sunday the princes will be interviewed by a programme for IKON, the programme deals with spirituality and such.

Princess Irene attended a meeting with the second chamber of the parliament about her NatureCollege Foundation and environmental education in schools in Den Haag yesterday, January 22, 2013.

** Pic ** anp gallery **

Last edited by a moderator:
Last Friday Princess Irene was interviewed in the programme RTL Late Night. She talks about 'Fete de la nature'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9fHP4jBmhY

Among other things she says she wants to show her grand children the miracle of nature.

Last edited:
Tonight at 18.55PM,NED2,an extra broadcast of Blauw Bloed with a special & interview with HRH Princess Irene of The Netherlands on occasion of her 75th birthday on tuesday august 5th.

HRH Princess Irene of the Netherlands attend the defile of the Garderegiment Fusiliers at the Grote Kerk in The Hague.

PPE

PPE Agency

Last edited:
So she now joins Margarita and Floris along with their families on the Wassenaar estate. Is there anyone else from the Dutch royal family who is living there besides the King and his family?

I did not know the Duke of Parma and his family live in The Hague, in the Archipel (or East-Indies) District. It is a 19th C district with lots of large mansions, often housing Embassies and offices. In which street does the Duke live?

So she now joins Margarita and Floris along with their families on the Wassenaar estate. Is there anyone else from the Dutch royal family who is living there besides the King and his family?

On the royal estate itself:

The King
Queen Máxima
The Princess of Orange
Princess Alexia of the Netherlands
Princess Ariane of the Netherlands

Princess Margarita de Bourbon de Parme
Mr Tjalling ten Cate
Julia ten Cate
Paola ten Cate

Prince Floris van Oranje-Nassau, Van Vollenhoven
Princess Aimée
Magali van Vollenhoven
Eliane van Vollenhoven
Willem van Vollenhoven

Near the royal estate:

Princess Irene of the Netherlands

The Duke of Parma
The Duchess of Parma
Princes Luisa de Bourbon de Parme
Princess Cecilia de Bourbon de Parme

I remember an interview with Princess Irene in (I think) Hello! Magazine years ago and she was living in a bungalow somewhere - she was photographed in a room with white book cases and lots of books - does anyone remember this?

Are you sure that was an interview with Irene? Margriet's house used to be a bungalow until she had it changed a few years ago. But perhaps Irene lived in one before she moved to Wijk bij Duurstede.

Are you sure that was an interview with Irene? Margriet's house used to be a bungalow until she had it changed a few years ago. But perhaps Irene lived in one before she moved to Wijk bij Duurstede.

Oh yes it was definitely Princess Irene as it was the first time I had read about her and I was struck how she was so casually dressed and she didn't look at all as I imagine a sister of Beatirx to look! Now I think of it, the house was like a chalet bungalow.

Just after her return to the Netherlands she lived in in Laren for a while in a bungalow.

Back
Top Bottom