The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-17-2013, 06:34 PM
Courtier

Princess Christina became a grandmother for the second time on September 21st 2011.
Julian Jorge Guillermo, first son and second child of Bernardo Guillermo and his wife Eva Valdez was born in New York
A brother for Isabel Christina (13-4-2009)

Old 08-17-2013, 06:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Weren't there reports back in April of Bernardo and Eva having an open marriage that was coming apart after stories appeared in the press of her having a relationship with a married man, resulting in that mans amrriage ending in divorce? If true might that not open up questions of paternity?

Old 08-18-2013, 05:40 AM
Courtier

I don know what is true about it.
The information came fom šthe cheated wifeš

This child is born two years ago and looks a lot like his sister.
I have the impression that they are really full siblings.

A lot can happen in those two years
Old 08-18-2013, 12:31 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Weren't there reports back in April of Bernardo and Eva having an open marriage that was coming apart after stories appeared in the press of her having a relationship with a married man, resulting in that mans amrriage ending in divorce? If true might that not open up questions of paternity?
IIRC there was a single report on a gossip website, which included no sources. (The wife in question did not identify the woman she held responsible for the break-up of her marriage, and the comments she did make were so general as to apply to almost anyone.)

Friends of the couple have apparently said that the report of the affair (and the open marriage) is false.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:01 AM
Aristocracy

I read somewhere else (a Dutch Royalty forum) that they had a daughter in 2011, her name is unknown. This information came from Hein Bruins, Nobilliana. So I'm a bit in doubt about which information is true and which information is not.

In my opinion, there are still four options left.
1. All the information is false, Bernardo and Eva have one daughter, Isabel (2009).
2. The information form Hein Bruins, Nobilliana is true, Bernardo and Eva have two daughters, Isabel (2009) and an unnamed daughter (2011).
3. The information on Wikipedia is true, Bernardo and Eva have one daughter and one son, Isabel (2009) and Julian (2012).
4. Alll the information is true, Bernardo and Eva have two daughters and one son, Isabel (2009), unnamed daughter (2011) and Julian (2012).

What do you think?
Old 08-19-2013, 07:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaNL View Post
I read somewhere else (a Dutch Royalty forum) that they had a daughter in 2011, her name is unknown. This information came from Hein Bruins, Nobilliana. So I'm a bit in doubt about which information is true and which information is not.

In my opinion, there are still four options left.
1. All the information is false, Bernardo and Eva have one daughter, Isabel (2009).
2. The information form Hein Bruins, Nobilliana is true, Bernardo and Eva have two daughters, Isabel (2009) and an unnamed daughter (2011).
3. The information on Wikipedia is true, Bernardo and Eva have one daughter and one son, Isabel (2009) and Julian (2012).
4. Alll the information is true, Bernardo and Eva have two daughters and one son, Isabel (2009), unnamed daughter (2011) and Julian (2012).

What do you think?
First of all Bernardo and Eva Guillermo are private persones with a strong wish to remain so.
They had a daughter in April 2009
There was no announcement of this birth. Someone found out about it by seeing pictures of baby Isabel. Suddenly they were in the picture.
Their wedding in September took attention from the press because his Orange-cousins were present and well known.
Last week Hein found out on Facebook that there was a second child (pics)
He thought that this child might be a possible second daughter, born in 2012 (on or around)
The second source, which was found by Ilse : De kleinkinderen van prinses Juliana en prins Bernhard | Kunst en Cultuur: Koningshuis gives more and detailed information
Hein Bruins changed his information on his website.

From a friend from New York I heard that the Guillermos had two children.
I got this information on Christmas 2011
A lot of non confirmed informations

Never the less, they had two children in December 2011
Confirmation of the existence of this child on Facebook pics
Confirmation from Ilse' s source.

I am pretty sure that they have two children Isabel and Julian.
The source nu.nl above is IMHO reliable
Old 08-19-2013, 07:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

In the Dutch Royal Family the only unmarried is Juliana Guillermo ?
Old 08-19-2013, 07:27 AM
Courtier

Nicolas isn't married yet.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:03 AM
Courtier

He had a long relationship with Chrissie Eynon

I would not be surprised if one of us would one day discover that Nicolas was married and father. As I said, they are very private.

Same story for Juliana, who only turns public to discuss or show her art.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:30 AM
Aristocracy

Yes, of course they are very private. However, there was an announcement when Isabel was born so I was in doubt which information was true. I really thought that it also could be possible that none of the information was true, because no announcement was made.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:45 AM
Courtier

They had to make an announcement because some pressman found out that Bernardo, who was not married at that time had a daughter (pics on Facebook).
They announced then only the fact that he would marry and that he indeed had a daughter.
So, no birth-announcement when Isabel was born, but a marriage announcement.

They don't need to make an announcement now.
They are a private family, married with children and I am pretty sure that in case they will have another child, they will not make an announcement either.
Someone will have to find that out
Old 08-23-2013, 04:32 AM
Courtier

BTW they married civily in March 2009, one month before the birth of their daughter.
So they were legaly married, but planned a religious ceremony in all intimacy without publicity, which was the only announcement that was officialy made
Old 03-06-2014, 05:10 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

It seems that the marriage of Bernardo and Eva Valdez is over indeed (or a very unconventional one).

The musician Thruston Moore talks about his relationship with Eva:

Quote:
"I'm in a really romantic place with Eva; we've kinda been a couple for close to six years. A lot of those years, nobody was very aware of it except us. The cat's been out of the bag a while now."
Royal Musings: Thurston Moore talks about about his affair with Eva Prinz

Magazine article: Thurston Moore / Features / Music News from THE FLY - The UK's Most Popular Music Magazine

It seems they had an affair even before Eva's wedding to Bernardo and that Eva is living in London at the moment. They have wo children together: Isabel Christina and Julian Jorge. The 2nd names of both children are the names of Bernardo's parents.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:13 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Yesterday princes Christina handed out the prizes at the Princess Christina Concours in the Lucent Dance Theatre in The Hague.

Prijzen Christina Concours uitgereikt | NOS
Old 04-14-2014, 06:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Nice Picture Marengo, thanks for sharing !

Tags
princess christina of the netherlands