Princess Christina (1947-2019) and Family, News and Events Part 1 (June 2003 - )

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Juliana Guillermo and her partner recently had their second child
A sibling for their son.

Source: Weekend (the 32 great grandchildren of the late Queen Juliana and the late Prince Bernhard)

So the only one of these 32 great-grandchildren without the family of his own, is Nicolas Guillermo?

So the only one of these 32 great-grandchildren without the family of his own, is Nicolas Guillermo?

That is right:
Willem Alexander: Amalia, Alexia, Ariane
Friso: Luana, Zaria
Constantijn: Eloise, Claus-Casimir, Leonore

Carlos: Luisa-Irene, Cecilia, Carlos Enrique
Margarita: Julia, Paola
Jaime: Zita, Gloria
Carolina: Amaïa-Maria, Xavier

Maurits: Anastasia (Anna), Lucas, Felicia
Bernhard: Isabella, Samuel, Benjamin
Pieter-Christiaan: Emma, Pieter
Floris: Magali, Eliane, Willem Jan

Bernardo: Isabel, Julian
Nicolas
Juliana: son, son/daughter

Last edited:

Nicolas Guillermo had a longtime relationship with Chrissy Eynon, but they broke up a few years ago

Princess Christina suffers of bone cancer

HRH Princess Christina,youngest daughter of Queen Juliana and Prince Bernhard,and youngest sister to Princess Beatrix,is very ill as she suffers of bone cancer.Dear god,so sad for this remarkeble Princess.Really sad.

Her sisters,Beatrix,Irene and Margriet visit her at her home in Rome

Last edited:
HRH Princess Christina,youngest daughter of Queen Juliana and Prince Bernhard,and youngest sister to Princess Beatrix,is very ill as she suffers of bone cancer.Dear god,so sad for this remarkeble Princess.Really sad.

Her sisters,Beatrix,Irene and Margriet visit her at her home in Rome

Do you have a source?

I have a bad feeling about this. I mean when all her sisters are with her now you would almost think this could be a farewell...

Last edited by a moderator:
What sad news,how long has the Princess been living in Rome?

Why make it public now? What is the reason?

Princess Christina and Family, News and Events Part 1 (June 2003 - )

Why make it public now? What is the reason?

Because a Dutch gossip magazine Privé had a story about Princess Christina that she is gravely ill and all her sisters were at her bedside.
I think the Royal Family decided it would be wise to give a statement to make sure that this story would not spin out of control and people would think she is dying.
The statement clearly says that the Princess is doing well under the circumstances and that she regards this illness as something chronic with which she can live well.

Because a Dutch gossip magazine Privé had a story about Princess Christina that she is gravely ill and all her sisters were at her bedside.
I think the Royal Family decided it would be wise to give a statement to make sure that this story would not spin out of control and people would think she is dying.
The statement clearly says that the Princess is doing well under the circumstances and that she regards this illness as something chronic with which she can live well.

Thank you! I wonder how Prive got their information...

Wow, she has her share of illnesses in life.... glad to read that at least at the moment she is feeling is well "considering the circumstances" (as the articles state).

We don't hear much of her or her children (or grandchildren i think there is at least one) in dutch media, too bad that the one time there is news it is about a serious illness :(

:previous:

I believe that there are four grandchildren: a boy and a girl for Bernardo Guillermo and a boy and a girl for Juliana Guillermo. But the information was never released by the RF.

Nicolás Daniel Mauricio Guillermo (born 6 July 1979) [son of late Princess Christine of the Netherlands (1947-2019 & her former husband Jorge Guillermo (b.1946)] became a father of a son named Joachim this year; identity of the baby's mother is unknown.

Source: Descendants of King Willem I of the Netherlands

I wonder what information that is based on. Had the family announced a birth I presume the mother's name would have been included.

Hein Bruins seems to have good connections... His siblings didn't announce the births of their children, so no surprise that Nico didn't do so either.

Joachim is queen Juliana and prince Bernhard's 35th great-grandchild.

:previous:

I believe that there are four grandchildren: a boy and a girl for Bernardo Guillermo and a boy and a girl for Juliana Guillermo. But the information was never released by the RF.

Based on the name, Juliana's second child was thought to be a girl; but apparently it's a boy.

So, in this branch of the family, it's:

Bernardo: 1 girl (Isabel), 1 boy (Julián)
Nico(las): 1 boy (Joachim)
Juliana: 2 boys (Kai, Numa), 1 girl (Aida)

So if we have to summarize media:

Bernardo Guillermo is divorced from Eva Marie Prinz Valdez. They both live in London. Bernardo is single and a "weekend papa". Eva seems to live with a new partner, together the two children (Julián and Isabel).

Nicolas Guillermo was known living in Greenwich Village (New York), once had a relationship with Chrissy Eynon. No idea if his son Joachim is the fruit of their relationship.

Juliana Guillermo lives in Porto Ercole (Tuscany, Italy) with her partner Tao Bodhi and their three children Kai, Numa and Aida.

I wonder what information that is based on. Had the family announced a birth I presume the mother's name would have been included.

It was on his Facebook, with a lovely picture of father and son and a lot of congratulations from friends.

The late Princess Christina had equal inheritance from her mother, alike her sisters Beatrix, Irene and Margriet. And she had equal inheritance from her father, alike her three sisters and two half-sisters. Because of her eyesight problems Princess Christina always relied on financial advisers to manage her fortune.

In the last stage of her life she tried "to give with warm hand". Apart from other items, Princess Christina famously sold a drawing of Pieter Paulus Rubens for 7,2 million Euro (some 8,560,000 US Dollar) for which she was criticized in media ("not very royal for not offering it to a museum but to the highest bidder") but of course 7,2 million Euro in cash is easier to distribute "with warm hand" than a drawing.

(Thinking about the late Duchess of Alba selling a painting to purchase an expensive horse for her eldest son, the current Duke: "I can not take a Rembrandt under my arm and go to the supermarket, can I?")

Anyway, we can not look into the purses of the three Guillermo children, but most likely their late royal mother has left them comfortably provided for the rest of their life.

Last edited:
According to this article in the Beau Monde, Bernardo Guillermo is in a relationship with a London-based architect named Georgina Turvey.

Glad Marengo you conrtinue to be Admistrateur of the forums now that you moved from Belgium to Soa Paula Brazil.

Birth on April 10th 2023 of the first daughter and second child of Nicolas Guillermo and his unnamed partner. A sister for Joaquín.
Carmen Ester Ruby Guillermo is the 7th grandchild of the late princess Christina and the 35th great grandchild of Queen Juliana.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrHAqMMoPNC/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
per Skorpion on Nobiliana BAG 2023

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom