The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #81  
Old 08-20-2016, 05:16 AM
lucien's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
What kind of relationship the Princess Beatrix with her stepsisters?

None.Each have their own lives and are OK with that.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 08-20-2016, 05:42 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Christmas Island
Posts: 5,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
[...] Considering they are their dad's kids from affairs, and he never publically acknowledged them, its not surprising they don't have a relationship. The girls did visit their father in the last years.
The Prince did publicly recognize his two daughters. In a series of interviews with journalists in 1999-2003 he stated: "They must be left alone. My legacy must be shared by six. That is how I have stipulated in my testament." At that moment it was assumed the Prince's private fortune was worth around 200 million Euro (he had inherited part of Queen Juliana's private wealth earlier that year).

At the backcover of the book De Prins Spreekt (The Prince Speaks) he confirms the contents with a letter:

Soestdijk Palace
23 May 2003

I did not want to leave a biography.

The talks with the gentlemen Broertjes and Tromp in the past years were -for myself- meant to explain my point of view regarding a number of aspects in my life about which I would like to tell something more.

I do not consider the impact of this as a biography, but as a journalistic report. I can agree well with the contents of this.

Bernhard


Front cover

Back cover
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 08-20-2016, 06:16 AM
melina premiere's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sassenage, France
Posts: 2,880
Prince Berhnard recogniezd his two daughters and it became public after his death in a vidéo.
We cannot compare the cases of William because, Charles is not the father of the children of Camilla

Nicolai and Felix are the sons of prince Joachim and his former wife Princess Alexandra, they are born in the wedding of a marriage , their fatehr divorced and married again and had 2 other children with his second wife.it is a family where they are grown up with the other children.

Alicia and Alexia are illigitimat daughters , born after the affair of their father with their mother , their father being maried with the queen Juliana. They perhaps saw their father, we had no proofs. The princesses Béatrix, Irène, Margriet and Christina loved their father but we cannot ask them to love their half sisters and to have contacts with them, we don't know their feelings they also loved their mother and were not perhaps very happy that their father had affairs with other wifes.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 08-20-2016, 06:41 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Christmas Island
Posts: 5,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
[...]

Alicia and Alexia are illigitimat daughters , born after the affair of their father with their mother , their father being maried with the queen Juliana. They perhaps saw their father, we had no proofs. The princesses Béatrix, Irène, Margriet and Christina loved their father but we cannot ask them to love their half sisters and to have contacts with them, we don't know their feelings they also loved their mother and were not perhaps very happy that their father had affairs with other wifes.
The eldest extra-marital daughter, Alicia Hala de Bielefelde, lived far away in America. But the youngest extra-marital daughter, Alexia had frequent contacts with her father. Prince Bernhard purchased an expensive appartement at the Avenue Raphaël in Paris for his poupette Hélène and his daughter Alexia.

The couple joined the Prince at his yacht in Antibes and also met the other sisters at the villa Il Elefante Felice in Porto Ercole, the royal summer residence in Italy. When Queen Juliana and Prince Bernhard made a State Visit to President Pompidou, also le baron et la baronne Stanislas Lejeune were official guests and presented to the President and the Queen... The current 7th Baron Lejeune, Cyrille, is the a son of Hélène and therefore a halfbrother of Alexia. (Picture of Cyrille and Alexia).

The sister of poupette Hélène, Francine Grinda, married Henri Roussel. Their son Thierry married Christina Onassis and is the father of Athina Onassis. Small world...

http://www.lexpress.fr/region/les-grinda_481070.html
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 08-20-2016, 06:57 AM
melina premiere's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sassenage, France
Posts: 2,880
I read somewhere that the baron Stanislas Lejeunewere was ambassador of Niederlands at that time.

But we never saw Alexia at the 'privat events' as the weddings of the grand children of the prince Berhnard nor at the big family meetings . Perhaps Alexia and his mother joined P Bernhard and queen Juliana in hholidays( which is very strange for me, but I am an oldfashion wife but I think that the four sisters had anymore contacts with the daughters of their father.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 08-20-2016, 07:03 AM
Lee-Z's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Heerlen, Netherlands
Posts: 2,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
We cannot compare the cases of William because, Charles is not the father of the children of Camilla
.....

Alicia and Alexia are illigitimat daughters , born after the affair of their father with their mother , their father being maried with the queen Juliana. They perhaps saw their father, we had no proofs..
The reference to P.Charles' family was made by previous poster to explain the difference between step- and half-siblings, not to compare them to P.Bernhard's situation

About P.Bernhard's two out-of-wedlock daughters we actually we have a lot more proof and facts than of several other similar situations, most have been posted earlier in this thread, as an example this article of an interview with daughter Alicia
Koningin Beatrix heeft geen contact met halfzussen | Binnenland | de Volkskrant

I'd say the only situation i know of where the out-of-wedlock children are similarly acknowledged is that of P.Albert of Monaco and his eldest two children
__________________
Wisdom begins in wonder - Socrates
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 08-20-2016, 07:07 AM
Lee-Z's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Heerlen, Netherlands
Posts: 2,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
I read somewhere that the baron Stanislas Lejeunewere was ambassador of Niederlands at that time.

But we never saw Alexia at the 'privat events' as the weddings of the grand children of the prince Berhnard nor at the big family meetings . Perhaps Alexia and his mother joined P Bernhard and queen Juliana in hholidays( which is very strange for me, but I am an oldfashion wife but I think that the four sisters had anymore contacts with the daughters of their father.
Alicia and Alexia both joined their father and P.Juliana on vacation in Italy from 1994...

About the relationship with the in-wedlock daughters we know less, other than they are not as close with them as they were with their dad and P.Juliana...
__________________
Wisdom begins in wonder - Socrates
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 08-20-2016, 07:14 AM
melina premiere's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sassenage, France
Posts: 2,880
I never saw this article , I understand that Prince Bernhard saw her daughters, it is normal but I did not believe that queen Juliana met and passed some days with the daughter and the lover of her husband, but as it is shown, I believe it, queen Juliana was a great woman with a big heart, I always appreciated her.
But I am shocked , I am an old oldfashion woman, personaly I would never meet the daughter of my husband if he had one also it is why I said that Queen Juliana was a warm person.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 08-20-2016, 07:56 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Christmas Island
Posts: 5,924
Stanislas and Hélène Lejeune indeed were presented to Queen Juliana at a State Banquet with President Pompidou. I have seen pictures of the Queen shaking her hands during the passage.

The Queen also welcomed Alexia at her holiday villa in Italy and aboard of the yacht in the Rivièra. Apparently Queen Juliana accepted the existence of her husband's extramarital adventures. But we need to understand that the whole marriage between the Queen and the Prince was arranged from A to Z. Almost every historian agrees that Queen Juliana was in love, deep love, with the mondaine German Prince. Almost every historian agrees that this feeling was not vice-versa.

When you read the correspondence of the German Ambassador in The Hague, Julius Graf Zech von Burkersroda, with the Dutch Minister of Foreign Affairs, Jonkheer Andries de Graeff, before and during the engagement, one can see both states were elbow-deep involved in this "spontaneous" affair.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 08-20-2016, 05:15 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 264
Thank you to everyone who has shared. Duc, could you elaborate on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
When you read the correspondence of the German Ambassador in The Hague, Julius Graf Zech von Burkersroda, with the Dutch Minister of Foreign Affairs, Jonkheer Andries de Graeff, before and during the engagement, one can see both states were elbow-deep involved in this "spontaneous" affair.
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 08-20-2016, 06:25 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 3,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
Prince Berhnard recogniezd his two daughters and it became public after his death in a vidéo.
We cannot compare the cases of William because, Charles is not the father of the children of Camilla

Nicolai and Felix are the sons of prince Joachim and his former wife Princess Alexandra, they are born in the wedding of a marriage , their fatehr divorced and married again and had 2 other children with his second wife.it is a family where they are grown up with the other children.

Alicia and Alexia are illigitimat daughters , born after the affair of their father with their mother , their father being maried with the queen Juliana. They perhaps saw their father, we had no proofs. The princesses Béatrix, Irène, Margriet and Christina loved their father but we cannot ask them to love their half sisters and to have contacts with them, we don't know their feelings they also loved their mother and were not perhaps very happy that their father had affairs with other wifes.
For the love of I was not comparing anything. I was Correcting the OP. She asked what relationship Bea has with her STEP SISTERS. Bea has no step sisters, neither parent was married twice to give them any. I used Joachim and Charles to explain difference between step and half. Nothing else

And we do know in private he acknowledged the girls (no public relationship, names and such known after he died). Vacationed even with Juliana.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 08-20-2016, 09:09 PM
melina premiere's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sassenage, France
Posts: 2,880
Countessmeout, I did not see the comments before, I was wrong, excuse me
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
illegitimate children, prince bernhard


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
June 2008 Newsletter: The illegitimate children of royals Lady Jennifer Picture of the Month, Special Features, Blogs and Articles 6 06-01-2008 10:02 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess beatrice hats princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia cocktail dresses queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathilde in jordan queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion royal wedding september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden swedish royal family summer portraits 2016 the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats time travel


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:53 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises