Prince Bernhard Passes Away: 1 December 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
May Bernhard rest in peace. My thoughts and prayers go to his family and friends. Such a sad day.

He died today in the hospital in Utrecht around 20:15 (Dutch time)

My condolences to his family and friends.

How dreadful the royal family was dancing at the Prince Claus Price, but they were prepared for it...

1985487624_1999995535_bernhard337x253_anp.jpg
His Royal Highness Prince Bernhard Leopold Frederik Everhard Julius Coert Karel Godfried Pieter Prince of the Netherlands, Prince of Lippe-Biesterfeld
(1911-2004)

liv said:
How dreadful the royal family was dancing at the Prince Claus Price, but they were prepared for it...
The sad thing is that they weren't with him when he passed away.

Yes,I meant that.Perhaps the rest of the family was with him..

This may be for the best he was very ill for very long..

was he the last of his generation of dutch roylas?

How sad :(
This seems to happen often-I mean that an (old) husband dies shortly after his wife or vice versa. Hopefully he´s now again together with his Juliana.

Ennyllorac said:
The sad thing is that they weren't with him when he passed away.

The event was in the morning, and Prince Bernhard died two hours ago.

This has been a tough year for the Dutch Royal Family. First, Q. Juliana, now P. Bernhard; and in less than two years, Q. Beatrix has lost her husband and both parents. My sincerest condolences to the Family.

According to the RVD the prince wished in the hospital not to be helped by the doctors. His wish was respected by the medical team.

I had heard that his remains have already been taken back to Soestdijk Palace. Is that true?

Prince Bernhard is now back in Palace Soestdijk. The family is there also.

Some pictures of ANP (Dutch news and photo agency)

Attachments

• 2058091.jpg
    2058091.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 273
  • 2058094.jpg
    2058094.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 290
  • 2058084.jpg
    2058084.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 311
  • 2058029.jpg
    2058029.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 370
  • 2058025.jpg
    2058025.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 279
  • 2058033.jpg
    2058033.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 305
  • 2058065.jpg
    2058065.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 286
  • 2058017.jpg
    2058017.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 264
Is it me, or does the hearse not have the Royal Standard? Should it have the Royal Standard?

How so incredibly sad.I guess it was for the best though and 93 years is a long time to live. Just thinking about all of the things that he was able to experience in his lifetime blows my mind.

How very sad. But, he did live a very long life and was able to see and enjoy his great-grandchildren. Thoughts and prayers are with the family...

Very sad news.Sorry for Queen Beatrix.She has lost all her parents in one year.They can not have happy time for Christmas now and also for her Silver Jubilee.

What very sad news. I am very sorry for the Dutch royal family who are enduring another tough loss within nine months.

I think that if anything, the one saving grace is that Prince Bernhard went quickly so that he did not suffer for long.

how sad ...My condoleances to his family and friends :(

have any plans to intives Royal Family for funeral of Prince Bernhard who remind of him? includes Crown Prince and Crown Princess, HM King and HM Queen, Earl and Countess, Duke and Duchess, and lots of more and also Prince and Princess.

Sara Boyce

Back
Top Bottom